Allergy & Intolerance Drug Sub-project
Back to Allergy & Intolerance
Produce a list of unique substances and multiple substance medications used in allergy & intolerance lists, ordered by frequency of incidence. This list will support the use of common elements for data capture and validation of data exchange. This list is not intended to prevent the recording of unusual substances where necessary, whether by code or text.
We would like to provide a set of standard coded identifiers for these substances. The codes for such a list would need to be free, readily available, and accepted for use by international stakeholders.
Note that the criterion is clinical use, not chemical specificity. I.e., if all we know is that the patient reports an allergy to "fish," that's what we can record. Similarly, if a patient has a reaction to percocet, and the clinician doesn't have evidence that supports identification of a specific ingredient, then "percocet" is what we know.
- A list of substances ordered by frequency of incidence, with frequency ratios
- Identifiers for these substances, using freely available standard identifiers
- Confirm goals - done
- Assess assets - done
- Evaluate gaps - in process
- Fill gaps - in process
- Evaluating standard terminologies for encoding allergy information
- Food entries in a large allergy data repository
- Statin cross-reactivity
- NCPDP Recommendations
- Alert Override Results
- Rising Alert Overrides
- Automated substance identification
- CPOE & CDS
- [guidance on egg content of vaccines]
- Dutch presentation on surveillance