2016-11-02PC DrugAllergySubstance Call Minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|HL7 Negation Requirements Meeting Minutes
Time: 9:00-10:00 ET
|Facilitator||Jay Lyle||Note taker(s)||Jay Lyle|
|y||Jay Lyle||JP Systems / VA|
|y||Rob Hausam||Hausam Consulting|
|y||Serafina Versaggi||Versaggi Consulting|
|y||Rob McClure||MD Partners|
- overview of Dutch system
- overview of Cerner dataset
- Froukje Harkes-Idzinga gave an overview of the Dutch system (see G-system)
- The system has concepts that seem to line up with RxNorm: Basic Substance to Ingredient & Substance to Precise Ingredient
- The system provides (or will provide) scope for users to record "policy" for a sensitivity; i.e., whether they find the substance safe to administer in the future
- Larry McKnight gave an overview of his work on the Cerner dataset
- ~40MM records
- SNOMED CT encodings clearly best for foods; pretty good for drugs, too, with some exceptions (esp. MIN)
- Some discussion of splitting MIN records (e.g., Percocet). Proposal: record the MIN (what is known) and let the CDS engine determine which ingredients to check against.
- Very brief look at G-SRS demo
- as with other regulatory registries, this seems too specific, but as a metathesaurus it may be very useful.
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|
© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.