This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20131022 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 334-756-981

Date: 2013-10-22
Time: 8:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ron Parker Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Ron Parker regrets George (Woody) Beeler x Ewout Kramer
regrets John Quinn x Grahame Grieve
observers/guests x Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20131015 FGB concall, 20130922 FGB WGM, 20130927_FMG_WGM_meeting, notes of 20131008 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • Grahame will address with Electronic Services on FHIR information on the HL7 website. e.g. banner scrolling at the top.
    • Ron to develop a narrative to set the explicit expectations for FHIR specifically based on the TSC's expectations for DSTU level of rigor
    • FMG & FGB to each discuss term staggering
    • Ron will schedule Woody, Grahame, Ron, and Austin/John to be on a call to evaluate policy assertions with conformity to ISO Datatypes
    • Ron develop precepts from the risks (conformity assessments, appeal processes, composition of FMG)
  • FMG update -
    • T3SD are asking FMG to consider an offer from publishing to assist in managing/publishing the FHIR standard for hl7, and how publishing might relieve FMG of some of this burden...What are FGB's and MnM's roles with respect to this effort as well?
  • Methodology update-
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    • FGB composition to support DSTU adoption customer base
    • Extract policy assertions and decision criteria from management decisions related to connectathon registration
    • criteria for seeking policy assertions,
    • escalation points on risk items triggering governance action

Minutes

Convened at 8:03 am

  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of
  • Action Item review:
    • Grahame will address with Electronic Services on FHIR information on the HL7 website. e.g. banner scrolling at the top. Didn't speak of this at ES. They spoke of hosting arrangements, redirection in URLs to address with Mike. Need static content. Also addressed needs for a repository for value sets and profiles and their curation. Didn't get to talk about ballot practices and home page representation.
      • Austin has asked Grahame about ballot content changing during the ballot. Constants changed due to change in reference material but the pages didn't change, he reports. Link for ballot content points to ballot reconciliation content and not the actual ballot content - Grahame will fix that.
      • Processes for outside submitters to apply coding changes need to be developed for the hl7.org server.
      • Ewout asks about requirements of the FHIR repository and the risk of conflating with the templates registry. Grahame suggested to the board that it be an external contract for an SOA service, renewed annually. Use of HingX addressed but Grahame not familiar with it and if the FHIR service can interface. Ewout clarifies that the Templates registry work is more on identifying requirements and address more the management interface, notification of changes, etc. Grahame firmly believes it should be REST-based. Lynn suggests Grahame ask Woody to show him the HingX API while he's in AUS. CDA Templates are the greater visibility right now but they're in Trifolia.
    • Ron to develop a narrative to set the explicit expectations for FHIR specifically based on the TSC's expectations for DSTU level of rigor. We want to prevent creating additional work for FHIR core team. Just a declaration of intent and approach downstream: how we will accept feedback, and what are the plans for further updates. Need to discuss jointly with FMG. Probably discuss at the January WGM. Ron will address with FMG chairs for agenda.
    • Austin joins
    • FMG & FGB to each discuss term staggering - FMG has identified who will stagger. FGB needs to add some members and that may help establish the staggering of terms. TSC is looking for a revision of the M&C to identify constituencies. May need a clinical member as discussed previously, and a member from the TSC. If we had a program director that would be the type of member for cross-product representation. We need to have the M&C approach approved first - Lynn will send the updates to John and ask John to make recommendations on members and bring the updates to membership and the M&C to TSC. FMG representation on FGB would be good, even without vote. Discussion of relationship between FGB and FMG intended at the TSC call.

Ron has to leave, adjourned 8:51 AM


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • 20131029 FGB concall
  • For 2014Jan WGM agenda: Declaration of intent and approach downstream: how we will accept feedback, and what are the plans for further updates.


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.