This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20130927 FMG WGM meeting

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG/FGB Meeting Minutes

Location:

Date: 2013-09-23
Time:
Chair: Note taker(s):
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio x Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Observers/Guests
x Lorraine Constable x John Moehrke Lynn Laakso, scribe
x Paul Knap Brian Pech Austin Kreisler
x David Hay Joshua Mandel
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Ballot rec planning
  • Second ballot?
  • Education planning
  • Connectathon plans
    • European connectathon
    • what are rules for being 'official'
  • Website organization
  • Next steps
  • Term staggering

Minutes

Ballot reconciliation

  • Lorraine: OO has ballot rec on 4 ballots happening right now and 4 calls a week.
    • 2.8 takes priority due to risk of time-out
    • Will look at adding another call, doing bulk disposition and prepping in advance
    • Need to know targets
    • May be able to distribute applying some of the changes. Grahame plans to help

Second ballot

  • Device resources being significantly revamped
    • Probably not a reason to reballot
  • Document/DocumentReference being revised to introduce DocumentManifest
    • Again, not a reason to reballot
  • Some significant changes to wire format
    • Outstanding questions on datatype extensions and other extension issues
  • We can make any changes we like after DSTU opens, but we will need an awareness of impacts and weigh that against the benefits
  • Concern about making significant changes without broad review of changes to be made
  • Proposed plan is:
    • When infrastructure initial reconciliation is complete (target is mid Oct.) will send out proposed reconciliations to balloters, FHIR list, co-chairs, MnM and possibly other groups for review with a 2 week response period to identify issues
    • Primary focus will be on changes, though comments may be made on rejected items too
    • FMG will review and decide whether action needs to be taken prior to DSTU publication

Change log

  • Tension between degree of change happening now and ability for people to keep up
  • Will aim to get trial formal change management in place - tracker, link to source control, exploration of HTML, mandatory comments on commit
  • Will publish as a draft
  • Will look at linkage between SVN and tracking log

Timelines

  • Will aim to have infrastructure and content for mid-Nov. freeze
  • Other changes may be made after freeze - prior to publication

Connectathon charging

  • concern over whether that appears as "unwelcoming" to observers.
  • Will be explained as follows:
    • we're trying to encourage participation because that's where true value for attendees is
    • HL7 gains benefit when people participate so we offer a discount for those who try to code

"Official" connectathons

  • must be an official HL7 meeting (approved by HL7 Int'l or affiliate)
  • must be approved by FMG - will look to ensure there's a feedback group


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Grahame & Paul to discuss website organization
  • FMG & FGB to each discuss term staggering
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items



Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2013 Health Level Seven® International