20131029 FGB concall
|HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes
Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
Time: 8:00 AM U.S. Eastern
|Facilitator: Ron Parker||Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso|
|Quorum = Chair plus 2||yes/no|
|x||Ron Parker||regrets||George (Woody) Beeler||x||Ewout Kramer|
|regrets||John Quinn||regrets||Grahame Grieve|
|x||Lynn Laakso, scribe|
- Roll call -
- Agenda Review
- Approve minutes of 20131022 FGB concall
- Action Item review:
- Grahame will address with Electronic Services on FHIR information on the HL7 website. e.g. banner scrolling at the top.
- FMG & FGB to each discuss term staggering - status of M&C update
- Ron will schedule Woody, Grahame, Ron, and Austin/John to be on a call to evaluate policy assertions with conformity to ISO Datatypes
- Ron develop precepts from the risks (conformity assessments, appeal processes, composition of FMG)
- FMG update -
- T3SD are asking FMG to consider an offer from publishing to assist in managing/publishing the FHIR standard for hl7, and how publishing might relieve FMG of some of this burden...What are FGB's and MnM's roles with respect to this effort as well?
- Methodology update-
- Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
- criteria for seeking policy assertions,
- escalation points on risk items triggering governance action
Convened at 8:06 without quorum
- IHIC connectathon had 27 participants about 10 people brought servers ready to go. Participants from Pakistan were fully engaged.
- Austin adds that the UDI Task Force needs FHIR representation and is expected to adopt the conceptual approach out of the exercise.
- Action Item review:
- Grahame will address with Electronic Services on FHIR information on the HL7 website. e.g. banner scrolling at the top. Ongoing dialogue.
- FMG & FGB to each discuss term staggering - status of M&C update. Ron has been buried with work but he will try to be on Monday's TSC call to talk about composition and relationship of FGB. Developing the governance framework is increasingly beyond his schedule. Perhaps we can train someone to carry the ball, using some resource referred by Charlie. Perhaps Austin can take on some role with this when TSC chair term ends. Austin describes the process in TRAC and indicates the approach is very streamlined but may not hold the rigor of the Erl approach. Ron agrees we have evolved processes and notes we need to develop some metrics for monitoring.
- FMG update - remove publishing question
- Ewout notes there are three websites for FHIR - DSTU ballot content, version on reconciliation, and frozen version for connectathon. We don't have it under control right now. We will need to have such a method going forward. Since there is software delivered along with the specification the versioning is important. We need to be able to get it into the ballot system for freeze and archive purposes. You need to be able to decouple the software from the frozen version of the standard that is balloted. You will need different build processes, development of internal links and references. Who will work on it? We have some sub-groups in other groups - V2.x publishing, V3 publishing, etc so FHIR publishing may thread in there.
Ron notes he will not be able to attend the Nov 19th.
M&C review, discussion with TSC on FGB composition and gaps (clinical knowledge and governance knowledge). We cannot continue having a single person fulfilling so many roles. Lynn resent request to John to review M&C. Austin will invite representatives from FMG and FGB to Monday TSC call.
Adjourned 8:44 AM
|Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)|
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|
Back to FHIR_Governance_Board
© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.