This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2013-12-19 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/741102173,
GoToMeeting ID: 741-102-173

Date: 2013-12-19
Time: 2PM Eastern
Facilitator: Dennis Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
. .
x Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
Jeff Brown, HL7 ES liaison
Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
x Dennis Cheung, co-chair, CIHI
Jane Curry, Templates, OHT liaison
Diego Kaminker, Education liaison
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
Abdul-Malik Shakir, CIC liaison
John Ritter, EHR
Rik Smithies, CS liaison
Rob Snelick, CGIT liaison
Rene Spronk, Marketing liaison
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
x Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2013-12-05 Tooling Call
  • Review action items -
    • Andy to notify the cochairs, editors and internationaladmin lists in addition to Tooling the intent of Tooling's consideration to drop support for Visio 2002 effective with review at 2014JanuaryWGM in San Antonio. Sent 2013-12-11
    • Andy will talk to John about Regex expression license - reached out to Matt at Mayo on specifics
    • Andy will talk to John and Mark about an iOS developers' license for HL7 - Mark agreed to this license
    • Andy will follow up with Diego on the Education project
      • Andy will do an assessment of how well HingX meets those FMG registry requirements
    • Andy will check with TSC if the Tooling Dashboard or such dashboards are of interest still: TSC agreed it can be closed.
    • Andy has some material on the Education requirements from Diego he will forward to Dennis to see if he can advance it.
  • Update from Tooling Liaisons:
    • CIC - AMS
    • CS - Rik Smithies
    • CGIT - Rob Snelick
    • Education - Diego Kaminker
    • EHR - John Ritter
    • Electronic Services - Jeff Brown
    • Marketing - Rene Spronk
    • Mobile Health - Matt
    • Patient Care, RIMBAA - Michael Van der Zel
    • Structured Documents, Vocabulary, Publishing - Andy Stechishin
    • Templates, Open Health Tools - Jane Curry
  • WGM agenda review
  • Conference call schedule for remainder of cycle
  • Endorse 2013-2014 Tooling Challenge material
  • Motion: by Anneke Goossen to approve the Profile Views for phase 2 of the EHR-S Functional Profiling Tooling project and report this approval to HL7 Headquarters.
    • NOTE: the description in the presentation is a definition of the different views and not the view itself.
    • Project deliverable 4 in the PSS.
    • The presentation with the Profile Views can be found at Box: https://app.box.com/s/938b1c1wuprl52nbpazk.), it is the file: ProfileMetaviews_v04.ppt
  • Review projects:
    Tooling-sponsored Projects
  • Other/New Business



Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Convened at 2:04 PM

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review - Lorraine sent a PSS on 12/12/2013 for FHIR technical requirements that we will review on Jan 6th with the hopes that Lorraine or someone from FMG can join to discuss.
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2013-12-05 Tooling Call Andy moves and Wilfred seconds approval. Unanimously approved. No minutes from last week with only Michael in attendance.
  • Review action items -
    • Andy to notify the cochairs, editors and internationaladmin lists in addition to Tooling the intent of Tooling's consideration to drop support for Visio 2002 effective with review at 2014JanuaryWGM in San Antonio. Sent 2013-12-11 - completed
    • Andy will talk to John about Regex expression license - reached out to Matt at Mayo on specifics, not sent to John yet.
    • Andy will talk to John and Mark about an iOS developers' license for HL7 - Mark agreed to this license - completed but won't execute the license until we have a need for publishing something on the app store.
    • Andy will follow up with Diego on the Education project; no update
      • Andy will do an assessment of how well HingX meets those FMG registry requirements; no update
    • Andy will check with TSC if the Tooling Dashboard or such dashboards are of interest still: TSC agreed it can be closed. Andy moves that Tooling close project 803; Woody seconds. Unanimously approved.
    • Andy has some material on the Education requirements from Diego he will forward to Dennis to see if he can advance it. Dennis received the materials and will review over the holidays.
  • Update from Tooling Liaisons:
    • Patient Care, RIMBAA - Michael Van der Zel : no update
    • Structured Documents, Vocabulary, Publishing - Andy Stechishin
      • JQuinn brought up some SDWG issues in tooling for budget items in upcoming year. Andy found that SDWG as a whole was not behind the initiative but individuals who are members of SDWG. Items included advancement for IG generator tools to exchange templates ITS; and standardized publishing formats in the tools. SDWG needs to discuss further.
      • Vocabulary is now Woody - he notes he was working on extensions of maintenance of vocabulary language. Database tables, insertions, other manual interaction were scripted and used in the last harmonization round. They are still wrestling with how to deal with the SNOMED / IHTSDO Workbench. It's falling to the HL7 Terminology Authority (HTA). However HTA is not much involved with maintaining HL7's vocabulary but in external vocabulary relationships. Andy asks about the NLM vocabulary submission tool, which seems to have died on the vine. Woody thinks Russ found that it won't be of use, but is not certain. Woody will check with Russ on the status of evaluating the NLM vocabulary submission tool.
      • Publishing - still no progress on the Canadian generator since May. Documentation that was to be done by Joshua fell off with his departure. Woody's formal engagement in the next year will be further reduced.
    • Mobile Health - Matt reports they are waiting to hear back on a pilot with GS1 for some development tools on iOS or Android. They will be creating a PSS and will include Tooling. Andy asks about the Regex license - Matt received the email and will respond, and will be checking in code for the MWB.
  • WGM agenda review
    • Project updates for Tues Q2 - will MAX have an update? They will be getting an update in CIC. Maybe Michael can give the update if AMS is unavailable. HingX planning can be moved to Tuesday Q2. Dennis will not be at the WGM. Andy confirms he will be at SDWG Tues Q3. Tuesday Tooling has a submission from Robert Worden to talk about his tool, and will verify with Lloyd if they will request participants from the connectathon to present/demonstrate. Andy asks Matt if their scanning project might consider presenting at a Tuesday Tooling in the future. Matt suggests also a demonstration of MWB. They are still looking for help with Delphi background and in prioritizing the core features and how it is used, with the help of a users group. AID would be interested in how we do a users group for a tool within such a context as well.
  • Conference call schedule for remainder of cycle - we will meet on Jan 2nd but Woody will not be on that call.
  • Endorse 2013-2014 Tooling Challenge material - Woody notes that we took pains to define the challenge to create a design and not an implementation. Andy moves and Woody seconds approval. Unanimously approved.
    • Lynn asks how we package the winning submission for availability to users. Woody suggests a Tooling Challenge project with releases of the winning submissions. Action Item: Lynn will set this up and needs to update the links in the article the winners submitted.
  • Motion: by Anneke Goossen to approve the Profile Views for phase 2 of the EHR-S Functional Profiling Tooling project and report this approval to HL7 Headquarters.
    • NOTE: the description in the presentation is a definition of the different views and not the view itself.
    • Project deliverable 4 in the PSS.
    • The presentation with the Profile Views can be found at http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/ehrsfm_profile/docman/Phase2%20Deliverable3/
    • This deliverable does not require separate approval; it is intended to be delivered along with the deliverables 5 and 6 in January. "Definitions" (slides 5, 6) is the English translation of Dutch titles. This will be refined with examples as the project goes on, but is intended to describe the approach and what they intend to do. Matt reviews the use of the tool with the EHR-S FM to navigate, find, fix and correct elements.
    • Michael moves and Matt seconds approval of the deliverable. Andy abstains; approved 4/0/1.

Adjourned 2:58 PM

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • Woody will check with Russ on the status of evaluating the NLM vocabulary submission tool.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.