This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Tooling WGM 2014 Jan

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling WG Agenda for the Jan 2014 WGM in San Antonio, TX USA

Return to Tooling Work Group page.

Day Date Time   Room Event Host joining Chair Scribe Notes
Monday Jan 20 AM Q1        
Q2          
PM Q3    
Q4 )  
Day Date Time   Room Event Host joining Chair Scribe Notes
Tuesday Jan 21 AM Q1 Room TBD Introduction to Tooling Work Group - Processes, Projects & Collaborations
See our morning slides
Tooling   Andy Stechishin
Q2 Room TBD Project updates: MAX, EHRS-FM Profile Designer, MIF-OWL Phase 2 Tooling   Michael Lynn  
PM Q3 Room TBD Hosted by Structured Docs (need to confirm) ITS, MnM, Tooling (Andy), V3 Publishing    
Q4              
7-9PM Room TBD Tuesday Tooling Night ( details) Tooling RIMBAA Andy    
Day Date Time   Room Event Host joining Chair Scribe Notes
Wednesday Jan 22 AM Q1              
Q2    
PM Q3  
Q4
Day Date Time   Room Event Host joining Chair Scribe Notes
Thursday Jan 23 AM Q1 Room TBD Project Topics: V3 Generator, Migration Planning, HingX Participation, Tooling Challenge
Vocabulary maintenance language (VML) for vocabulary update
Tooling Andy Lynn
Q2 Room TBD Tooling Strategy Discussion, Update from liaisons to other WG, Tactical Plan Tooling Tooling liaisons Michael Lynn  
PM Q3 Room TBD Tools for development RIMBAA Tooling RIMBAA    
Q4              
Day Date Time   Room Event Host joining Chair Scribe Notes
Friday Jan 24 AM Q1 Room TBD Joining Templates Templates Tooling, Patient Care, Structured Docs     TBD
Q2              
PM Q3              
Q4              


Tooling Meeting

Agenda

Tuesday Q1: Introduction to Tooling Work Group - Processes, Projects & Collaborations
See our morning slides


Tuesday Q2: MAX, EHRS-FM Profile Designer, MIF-OWL Phase 2


Thursday Q1: Project Topics: V3 Generator, Migration Planning, HingX Participation, Tooling Challenge
Vocabulary maintenance language (VML) for vocabulary update


Thursday Q2: Tooling Strategy Discussion, Update from liaisons to other WG, Tactical Plan

Minutes

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Maverick B

Date: 2014-01-21, 23
Facilitator: Michael and Andy Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quarter Name, Affiliation
Q2 Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
Q2 Dmytro Rud, Roche
Q2 Justin Fyfe, Mohawk
Q1, 2 Attila Farkas, CHI .
Q1, 2 Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
x Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

Q1: Introduction to Tooling Work Group - Processes, Projects & Collaborations
discussion only

Q2: Agenda Topics

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Project updates -
    • PI# 742 Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models -
      • MAX developers collected requirements. Michael and Hugh Glover are the only ones working on MAX at this time. Michael notes he implemented ability to represent attributes and text values in spreadsheets. This enables xml elements more than two deep, and a diff between XML MAX files. He has also created a binding to FHIR profiles. AMS notes that Michael is doing a demo in the CIC WG this week.
      • There have been no MAX calls during this cycle. It is probably not needed for the coming cycle either. There is a GForge repository out there for this and there is documentation that should be out there. The requirements documentation is generally being held by CIC as they feel they own the requirements. AMS suggests perhaps a call between himself Andy and Michael to address the collecting of artifacts.
      • Michael adds that the source code is still in EA and not in the GForge repository. Other information might be added to a tracker in the project and we might also consider developing a tutorial. Michael would also like to see the wiki page updated. He has also been asked to allow an import into RSA - Andy would like to see RSA develop their import to accommodate rather than having HL7 develop a translation in to ECOR. AMS mentions this is an unfunded project and Michael adds that he has piggybacked it on work he's doing in the hospital. They are tentatively planning on Feb 7 at 9 AM EDT. Andy will set up the call and AMS will schedule a GTM.
    • EHR-S FM - project is on schedule. Michael demonstrated the pilot successfully and was also able to export a spreadsheet for user review. Further discussions of the EHR-S FM reviewed with a short demo from Michael on the profile designer. Its role in containing the EHR-S FM for producing the ballot content and enabling reconciliation discussed.
    • MIF to OWL phase 2
      • John Quinn announced last night that a group had reviewed the output of Lloyd's work and determined that it was meeting requirements and seeks Tooling endorsement of acceptance of the agenda. Project 983 is actually owned by MnM so they will also need to endorse their acceptance. Motion: Andy moves approval of the deliverable release. JD Baker seconds; Vote: Justin Fyfe abstains; passes 7/0/1.
    • AMS asks about the messaging workbench and Tooling's role. Andy reports we are more or less monitoring as external bodies have picked up the development work. Both NIST and Mayo are working on it, with NIST working from Java and Mayo working from the Delphi source code. Release status not currently available but we hope to hear from the liaison report on Thursday. Rob Snelick of NIST and Matt Grahame of Mayo are at the WGM although Andy was told that the CGIT representative could not be on Thursday. HL7 doesn't have an IP arrangement with either development group but would likely include it as an HL7 endorsed tool.
    • Woody reports on integration of Gunther's stuff into the old V3 Generator having taken a low position on the priority. V3 Generator work by Woody is largely unfunded at this time and so will proceed at such pace as is appropriate.

Adjourned 12:13 PM

Tuesday Tooling

HL7 Tuesday Tooling

Location: Maverick B

Date: 2014-01-21
Q6
Facilitator: Andy Note taker(s): none
Quarter Name, Affiliation
x Brad Arndt, Cerner
x Scott Bolte
Dmytro Rud, Roche
x Attila Farkus, CHI
x Kai Heitmann, HL7 DE
x Alexander Henket, NICTIZ
x Rich Kuchan
x Bob Milius, NMDP
x Chris Millet, NQF
x John Roberts, TN DOH
x Iryna Roy, GPi
x Mark Shafarman
x Rene' Spronk
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
x Michael van der Zel, co-chair
x Robert Worden, HL7 UK
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)


Thursday

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Maverick B

Date: 2014-01-21, 23
Facilitator: Michael and Andy Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quarter Name, Affiliation
Q2 Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
Q2 Jeff Brown, Kernodle/ES
Q2 Justin Fyfe, Mohawk
Q1, 2 Attila Farkas, CHI .
Q1, 2 Matt Graham, Mayo/Mobile Health
Q2 Christian Hay, GS1
Q1, 2 Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
Q1, Q2 Harry Rhodes, AHIMA
Q1,Q2 Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
x Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Thursday Q1: Project Topics: V3 Generator, Migration Planning, HingX Participation, Tooling Challenge
Vocabulary maintenance language (VML) for vocabulary update


Convened 9:16 AM


Thursday Q2: Tooling Strategy Discussion, Update from liaisons to other WG, Tactical Plan

Convened at 11:13 PM with introductions

  • Liaison reports
    • Andy reports on SDWG in their Tuesday meeting they discussed revitalizing the IG Quality Group in conjunction with Publishing. Templates ITS moving forward of interest in the IG development. IN Templates WG tomorrow Andy will try to revive some interest in the HingX tool. API testing which was Joshua Carmody has yet to be assigned to another web developer. Woody notes the challenge has been to export from our coreMIF files into an XML format that would work with HingX's JSON import. The HingX API has a lot of metadata from different components without much management and he was concerned about our internal management of the artifacts and associating the metadata with namespaces, etc. Andy and Woody will touch base on the metadata assignments for a HingX import and see if they can move it forward.
    • Lynn reports from Rik for Clinical Statement that the WG is in a lull and there are no further requirements for Tooling at this time.
    • Woody reports for Vocab they are maintaining Vocab content in a suite of old tools. They have had a project for some time to look at a better tool for vocab harmonization. In the last 30 days they have determined that SNOMED is not strongly committed to maintaining their infrastructure in the IHTSDO Workbench. Woody suggested looking at different strategies for different segments; i.e. simple stuff for RIM works fine but future work on clinical reasoning will require more sophisticated approach. Results of harmonization taken to an Access database, using a previous VML (Vocabulary Maintenance Language) to which extensions are needed that were not recognized by the Java processor. This required manual edits to the database. He has extended the schema and a SQL update table for posting which has addressed about 90% of the manual work. It has also been automated with ANT scripts for easier processing and Ted is pleased with it. The VML Widget is now downloadable from the Vocabulary Tooling Project and is available for use.
    • Jeff reports on the PSS from ES joint with Tooling approved Monday night at T3SD addressing a concern for what new tooling is needed or existing tooling available for the FHIR Tooling and ES Support project at PI#1058. ES had representatives from Patient Care this morning (Elaine Ayres) on metadata management for DAMs in a repository/registry. This is in early discovery mode and will be revisited Thursday Q1 at the May WGM by PC hosting ES and CIC. She will be putting together a PSS. Andy suggests that Tooling should cosponsor the project and evaluate HingX for fitness for purpose. We need to evaluate both whether we can use it and if not, then why. Woody notes that we need a formal set of HL7-related metadata to classify DAMs and other such models. Michael notes that CIC has created a DAM Style Guide that should also be considered. Representation of metadata for DAMs might be different from the MIF metadata that Andy and Woody will work on for HingX and will provide a starting point.
    • Matt reports for Mobile Health that they had a PSS that might involve Tooling resources or cosponsorship. Harry shows the PSS for the GS1 pilot. In this pilot Mobile Health WG would evaluate using GS1 in the HL7 environment for attendance scan tracking. Jeff from ES and Andy from Tooling both identify their WG as requesting sponsorship. Use cases discussed for WG attendance, meal tickets, obtaining WG agendas for specific quarters by scanning a room with a timestamp, GPS tagging and Bluetooth ES, 2D barcode assignment etc.
      • Matt also notes that he is the keeper of the MWB codebase he wishes to set up a BOF session. Andy invites him to attend Tuesday Tooling in May.
      • Matt moves and Andy seconds approval of Tooling's cosponsorship with the amendments discussed. Unanimously approved.
    • Michael reports for Patient Care there are no new requirements. He may wish to try to find a different liaison as he's been unable to attend PC calls - he is referred to Jean D. Woody describes the liaison role as a type of facilitator and needing to find a better way to define the roles and tasks of a facilitator and their subtypes. This is on the agenda for the facilitator's roundtable this evening. Andy describes the looser nature of the Tooling Liaison role.
    • Michael reports on AID that they have scheduled a number of meetings and wish to become a user group. Hamilton ON in April, Eindhoven NL, Amsterdam NL December they plan to schedule "user group" meetings rather than Working Group Meetings
    • He further points out that Jane has not been active and her liaison roles have not been filled. OHT will probably be represented by John Quinn. Andy suggests we review the list of liaisons on an upcoming call and confirm status. Andy notes that the FMG has assigned a liaison to Tooling in Lloyd McKenzie - he probably needs to understand the Tooling expectation that he will report at the Tooling liaison meetings. ACTION ITEM: Andy will reach out to Lloyd to inform him.
    • Michael reports on CIC and the MAX activity and their work to try to close an R1 version and recognize that development will be ongoing. CIC also has a DAM UML Style Guide reports Michael but many people do not know where it is. If they wish to have it used by the Working Group it needs to be reviewed by Publishing and go through the HL7 new procedure/process development process with some form of peer review, for-comment ballot etc. Woody notes that the production of a model as a part of the DAM can be very problematic if it cannot be contained in a single file. Andy suggests that Michael ping Jean Duteau who is also on a TSC task force regarding DAMs.

Michael entertains a motion to adjourn, adjourned 12:25 PM.



Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • TBD.




Return to Tooling


© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.