20121114 FGB concall notes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 489-406-709

Date: 2012-11-14
Time: 5:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ron Parker Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Ron Parker x George (Woody) Beeler x Ewout Kramer
. John Quinn Grahame Grieve
observers/guests x Austin Kreisler
Lynn Laakso, scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20121107 FGB concall notes
  • FMG update -
  • Woody to develop a project to define deadlines, resources, etc related to MnM
  • Ron working on the precepts.
  • What resources need to be in the next ballot.
  • Next steps: Responsibilities for resources

Minutes

  • Roll call - call to order 5:07 pm
  • Agenda Review, accepted by general consent
  • Approve minutes of 20121107 FGB concall notes Ewout moves approval, Woody seconds. Unanimously approved.
  • FMG update - Ron missed the 20121112 FMG concall but reports Hugh's first thoughts on FMG Management Process Development wiki page
    • Charged with next ballot set up (Lloyd) and connectathon (David/Brian)
    • Grahame working on use cases for connectathon scenarios, and there may be a phone call.
    • Pleased with how they're engaging.
    • Ewout notes methodology issues in PA
  • Woody to develop a project to define deadlines, resources, etc related to MnM
    • MnM Minutes CC 20121114 reviewed. Initial process definition agreed upon. First step for Lloyd to draft a structured set of methodology questions for review in 2 weeks. Remainder of steps to follow.
    • Austin asks about the risk assessment to accompany this definition.
  • Ron working on the precepts. He and Jane fleshed out some beginnings to the product lines (like FHIR)
    • Ron shows Governance Overview from 20120517. Item 2 is specifying risk. Assertions on wiki and listserv are begging candidate risk points. Body of knowledge to identify these is emerging with development of the product.
    • As the FMG asserts process we identify the risks, FGB defines precepts, FMG identifies risks. Ron will take a first pass in a spreadsheet identifying risks and their associated governance points and precepts.
    • Next week's call in review need to add and prune.
  • What resources need to be in the next ballot, or 6-12 months out. With maturity beyond informational ballot, need to address conformity process, appeal/escalation of decisions, education (connectathon, tutorials) and vitality processes.
    • Austin notes we need to identify education elements for developers of the standard up-front. We don't want to have a set of education resources dedicated to FHIR education, but have this be part of the HQ suite of offerings. Recorded videos, breaking down into chunks would work well. Ewout notes they're talking about creating Dutch courses already. Marketing perspective in each product line also important for coherence. Need to harness members to see the value in sending volunteers to resource these efforts.
    • FGB and FMG should propose metrics for measuring success of governance itself, which would be asserted to TSC for review. Need to be responsive to FMG and MnM to do their jobs.
    • Ron recounts John's comment on monitoring the listserv being exciting to watch. The FHIR team is doing great work and boards/groups are an experiment by the TSC.
    • observation that we've been asking cochairs to do this in the past for all product lines all projects. Transferring that knowledge makes taking on cochair positions a daunting task
  • Ewout notes the PA project has not yet been approved by the TSC. Was being held until FMG formed? Need to track that down.


Adjourned 6:02 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Ron will send out draft document.
  • Lynn will put the PA resource project on the FMG agenda for Monday.


Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • No call next week prior to Thanksgiving
  • 20121128_FGB_concall_notes
  • What resources need to be in the first "real" ballot
  • Review Ron's draft precept document


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.