2012-09-12 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Patient Administration Work Group Minutes - Wednesday September 6, 2012

Wednesday Q1

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Guest Room 547

Date: 2012-09-12
Time: Wednesday Q1
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Helen Drijfhout Hl7 Netherlands
X Alexander Henket HL7 Netherlands
X Amy Mayer HL7 Australia
X Chris White Thrasys
X Nat Wong HL7 Australia
X Ewout Kramer Furore
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 3 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. FHIR Discussion

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
The WG began by discussing what we should cover today. The consensus seems to be to cover at least two items 1) The Project Scope statement and 2) the content of the work done so far for FHIR regarding the PA domain items.

There were concerns regarding the deliverable dates and what is to be delivered at that time.

The WG decided to review some of the work done before working on the PSS and the dates defined there.

Person vs. Patient The discussion moved to the question of whether to separate or merge these two concepts. Line suggested that we look at openEHR to see how they have defined this. Ewout then underscored that this is the suggestion from FHIR... that the domain owners look at more than just the RIM as reference and input for decision points for these type of decisions.

In discussions, the WG is decided upon changing the resource currently defined as "patient" to "SubjectofCare". Based on the discussion here, the WG is leaning toward keeping the resources "subjectofcare" and "person".

    • Motion ( Alex/Alex ): A motion was made to keep the two concepts of person and patient but change the resource name from Patient to subjectofcare.
  1. Discussion: No
    • Vote (for/against/abstain): 8/0/0
    • Conclusion/Action Item(s): Motion Passes

The WG moved on to review the Project Scope Statement for the FHIR effort. Specifically, we reviewed the resources as currently defined for the PAWG domain.

Subject of Care, Person, Agent, Group, Organization, Encounter, Appointment, Service Delivery Location, Place, Schedule.

It was clarified that by Oct 31, 2012, the WG needs to decide which of the defined resources the WG will be working on. By Nov 20, 2012, that content will need to be ready for draft for comment, with the idea that DSTU will occur in the May WGM. The expectation is that those resources will pass DSTU ballot by January 31, 2014.

  • Motion ( Nat/Irma ): A motion was made to approve the PSS as updated.
Discussion: None 
  • Vote (for/against/abstain): 8/0/0
  • Conclusion/Action Item(s): Motion Passes

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Wednesday Q2

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Guest Room 547

Date: 2012-09-12
Time: Wednesday Q2
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Helen Drijfhout HL7 Netherlands
X Chris White Thrasys
.
.
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. V2.8 - New proposals, editing work

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. The WG did not have any new proposals for v2, so decided to work on the Q3 administrative work.

Approving Vancouver Minutes.

Line noted there were still action items from the Vancouver minutes. Specifically, we need to assure the harmonization of the financial management domain and patient administration domains to assure that they work together.

Since there are action items that still need follow up, Line suggested that we create a space on the WIKI wherein the action items will be collected. She volunteered to create this space and copy the action items there. This will be done in a few weeks

There was an action item that Alex still needs to follow up on regarding location codes.

There were minor typographical errors that were corrected.

    • Motion ( Helen/Alex ): Made to approve the minutes with the typographical errors corrected.
    • Discussion:None
    • Vote (Yes/No/Abstain): 3/0/0

The WG moved on to create a draft agenda for the January WGM 2013 to be held in Phoenix, Arizona.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Wednesday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Guest Room 547

Date: 2012-09-12
Time: Wednesday Q3
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Wendy Huang Canada Health Infoway
.
.
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Approve Vancouver Minutes
  2. Plan next meeting
  3. Harmonization proposals

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

Approve Minutes from Vancouver Having approved the minutes during the last quarter, the WG moved on from this item.

The WG decided to move on to the harmonization proposals (Wendy Huang).

Harmonization proposals

  • add concept domain "OtherIdentifierRoleType" for PRPA_RM101301UV (Person Activate), OtherIDs class, code attribute

Wendy noted that in Canada, there is a need to do some analysis on the other ids, which means that these need to be coded. Therefore, the proposal is to create a concept domain "OtherIdentifierRoleType".

The WG discussed the possible use of OIDs for this, however, this does not meet the need for Canada. This cannot be derived from the root OID because the root OID would point you to "Maryland" driver license, whereas a California license OID would point to Calfornia root OID, but Canada would not be able to aggregate the "licence" portion for analysis.

Helen brought up that adding a code might create data errors such as sending an OID that defines a Maryland Driver's Licence, for instance, but sending an incorrect code, as a passport code. Wendy noted that there were validation points at the receiving system, at which point Irma noted that if you have that information to validate, then why do you need to send the code.

Wendy will take these perspectives back to her stakeholders.

  • add 2 concepts to GenericUpdateReasonCode - merge data, unmerge data

Definition to "Identifies why a change is made to a record." The current values available are:

  1. NEWDATA (new information)
  2. FIXDATA (error correction
  3. CHGDATA (information change)

This proposal is to add concepts for merge data, unmerge data:

  1. MDATA (Merge data)
  2. UMDATA (Unmerge data)

Irma asked if these new concepts should be specialization of CHGDATA. However, after discussion, it seems that whether these new concepts are specializations of CHGDATA depends on the scope of use of these concepts. The PAWG asked to include this in the discussion point of the proposal.

Motion (Wendy/Irma): Motion was made to endorse this proposal to go to InM with updates above.

Discussion: None

Vote (for/against/abstain: 5/0/5

The WG now had a lively discussion having to do with the GS1 Patient ID. It was clear that the WG needs more information for this. We will try to have Christian come in Q1 tomorrow to discuss.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Wednesday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Guest Room 547

Date: 2012-09-12
Time: Wednesday Q4
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Wendy Huang Canada Health Infoway
X Don Lloyd HL7 International
X Lynn Lasko HL7 International
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Patient/Person Ballot issues

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Lynn and Don Lloyd joined the meeting to discuss the the issue of both ballots (Patient and Person) referencing the same project scope statement that seems to only reference "Person". They clarified that we could, indeed, update the project scope statement to include both topics. This is then what we will do.
  • Alexander Henket asked about some of the conventions found on the ballot website. Don explained the status meanings and identified that there were errors that will be fixed for Patient and Person topics.
  • Scheduling - Lynn asked about the scheduling the domain, which has been dormant for nearly 10 years, which goes beyond ANSI standards. Therefore, the suggestion was to either withdraw the whole topic (R1 and R2), or try to get interest, which seems unlikely. The WG will try to find interest in this topic (implementers)then decide to ballot R2 DSTU ballot, or withdraw.
  • Interdependent Registries - Lynn asked about whether this was a topic unto itself. The WG confirmed that this is indeed a topic unto itself.
  • Lynn stated to the WG that the Provider Registry and Organization Registries seems to have passed ballot but have never been published. There is an action item to have these published, especially since we have at least one implmentor (NICTIZ).

Motion (Alex/Nat): A motion was made to appoint a third co-chair and that we appoint Irma Jongeneel as interim co-chair until elections in January. Discussion: None. Vote (for/against/abstain): 6/0/0

In reviewing the Work Plan, the WG added FHIR section to the work plan, along with a line item for each resource. The WG reached a stopping point, because we need more information on the expectations of FHIR. Specifically, whether the entire PA resource list will be expected for January 2014 or only the subset that we are able to produce.

Motion (Helen/Irma): A motion was made to change the topics for Q2 and Q3 for Thursday's meeting to FHIR work. Discussion: None. Vote (for/against/abstain): 6/0/0

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Navigation

© 2007-2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.