2014-05-06 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Patient Administration WG Minutes - Tuesday May 06, 2014

Tuesday Q1

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Room# 1367

Date: 2014-05-06
Time: Tuesday Q1
Facilitator Irma Jongeneel Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 The Netherlands
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
X Brian Postlethwaite DCA eHealth
X Derek White Humana
X Daniel Lowenstein EPIC
X Iryna Roy HL7 Canada
X Yongjian Bao GE Healthcare
X Vispaan Patel NCQA
X Lloyd McKinzie HL7 Canada
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • V3 FHIR Comment Ballot Reconciliation

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
The WG began by discussing the timelines and expectations as heard in the Co-Chair meeting held last night. There was a date of May 16, 2014 for delivery of content. The WG asked Lloyd what the expectations were for this date. It was clarified that what is expected for that date is:

  • A draft PSS encompassing the work that will be done for the January 2014 ballot cycle submitted to the FMG and submitted to HL7 HQ.
  • A draft FHIR resource proposal for each of the resources defined in the PSS.

There exists a PSS for the work done so far for the first DSTU effort (Project Insight# 925). The WG can either update this PSS or create another one for the current work to be done. The WG leans toward creating a new PSS for the new work.
The FMG is expecting profiles in this next ballot cycle, especially for the CCDA space. Lloyd will send us what the entry profiles are for CCDA for each of the workgroups. Either XML or GForge will be used for that.
The FMG is also expecting that the current resources need to be raised to a higher level of QA criteria. Lloyd showed where this QA criteria can be found on the wiki: http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=FHIR
Three main ways to address feedback on FHIR content:

  • GFORGE Tracker
  • FHIR Listserve
  • Discussion on the content page

The WG needs to develop a process to review and address the suggested changes to the PA FHIR content.
Lloyd covered the QA guidelines found at http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=DSTU_2_QA_guidelines.
In discussing the use of the various resources the WG realized that there needs to be a process or method for using the various resources across what has been separate domains managed by other WGs.
Irma asked how we engage with the vocabulary work group regarding FHIR. Lloyd responded that we should work through our current vocabulary facilitator, which would be Wendy. The WG will need to clarify this expectation with her.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Draft a PSS encompassing the FHIR resource work that will be done for the January 2015 ballot cycle submitted to the FMG and submitted to HL7 HQ. Responsible: Alex. Due: Today 5/6/2014
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Tuesday Q2

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Room# Cochise Room

Date: 2014-05-06
Time: Tuesday Q2
Facilitator Irma Jongeneel Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 The Netherlands
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
X Iryna Roy HL7 Canada
X Daniel Lowenstein EPIC
X Brian Postlethwaite DCA eHealth
X Derek White Humana
X Yongjian Bao GE Healthcare
X Vaspaan Patel NCQA
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • PAWG to Attend SOA & FHIR Discovery Day

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Tuesday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Room# 1367

Date: 2014-05-06
Time: Tuesday Q3
Facilitator Irma Jongeneel Scribe Daniel Lowenstein
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 The Netherlands
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Daniel Lowenstein EPIC
X Iryna Roy Gordon Point Informatics, Canada
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • FHIR Discussion - Next Steps

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Introductions.
PSS for FHIR DSTU 2
Vocab facilitator - is this still Wendy Huang? Answer: Alex confirmed with her that while she was not explicitly aware of this it makes sense and agrees to this.
Discussions of work that needs to be in scope to be done prior to September
Alex: as part of PSS, could we review mappings from HL7v2 to FHIR for resources we've developed?
Answer: after much discussion (RE: clinicals' allergy resource) group thinking

Project scope

  • Scheduling-related resources
  1. Appointment
  2. Appointment Response
  3. Schedule (assuming that we are successful at renaming existing "scheduling" data type)
  4. Slot
  • Additional PA resources
  1. Healthcare Service - for describing service that treatment or care falls under. e.g. cardiothoracic,
  2. Episode of Care - Could be a grouping of encounters. Period of time that organization or physician is treating a problem.


  • Raising quality of existing defined resources to meet DSTU_2_QA_guidelines
  1. We believe this will include mapping to CCDA

Resource proposals submitted – 20140516
Resource content ready for inclusion in FHIR Draft for comment -20140921
First ballot round for DSTU 2 – 20141124
Resources pass FHIR DSTU 2 – 20140331
Location of project documentation repository: http://fhir.azurewebsites.net/administration.html

  • Meeting motions

Motion for approval of PSS for additional FHIR work for Q4 2014
Primary: Iryna Roy
Second: Brian Postlethwaite
Obstensions? No
Negatives? None
Motion passes 4-0-0

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Tuesday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Room# 1367

Date: 2014-05-06
Time: Tuesday Q4
Facilitator Irma Jongeneel Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 The Netherlands
X Alexander de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
X Iryna Roy GP Informatics, Canada
X Brian Postlethwaite DCA eHealth, Australia
X Rien Wertheim Furore
X Daniel Lowenstein EPIC, USA
X Christian Hay GS1
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 3 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • FHIR

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
The WG continued with the definition of the FHIR resource HealthcareService and spent some time drafting the proposal.
A sticking point seemed to be the definition of the scope of this resource. The WG continued to complete the proposal.
Alex de Leon moved to accept the HealthcareService FHIR proposal as updated. Daniel seconded.
Discussion: None
Vote: 6/0/0
The WG moved on to review the text for the change request with the intent to change the data type from “Schedule”. The WG is asking for the FHIR Core Team to change the name. We are suggesting “Recurrence”, “Timing” or “Timetable”. This will be entered on the FHIR gForge Tracker. This was agreed upon and submitted. Change #3236.
Meeting adjourned at 5:06PM

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Create change request in Gforge tracker encouraging the change of the name of the datatype currently named “Schedule”. Responsible: Iryna Roy. Due: TBD
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Navigation

© 2011 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.