This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2013-10-24 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/741102173

Date: 2013-10-24
Time: 2PM Eastern
Facilitator: Andy Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
. .
regrets Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
Jeff Brown, HL7 ES liaison
Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
x Dennis Cheung, co-chair, eHealth Ontario
Jane Curry, Templates, OHT liaison
Matthew Graham, Mobile Health
Diego Kaminker, Education liaison
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
Abdul-Malik Shakir, CIC liaison
x John Ritter, EHR
Rik Smithies, CS liaison
Rob Snelick, CGIT liaison
Rene Spronk, Marketing liaison
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review - approved by general consent
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2013-10-17 Tooling Call Dennis moves approval seconded by Wilfred; unanimously approved
  • Review action items -
    • Andy to word-smith the wording for the Tooling Challenge and send to AMS & GWB first then Tooling list - Dennis drafted Background from http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=RMIM_Diagram_Representation., but judging criteria need to be developed by AMS and Woody. Send what we have to the list and seek a motion in two weeks.
    • Andy to notify the cochairs, editors and internationaladmin lists in addition to Tooling the intent of Tooling's consideration to drop support for Visio 2002 effective with review at 2014JanuaryWGM in San Antonio. Not done
    • Andy will talk to John about Regex expression license. Not done
    • Andy will talk to John and Mark about an iOS developers' license for HL7. Not done
    • Andy will forward to the note Lloyd sent OWL Tooling list and Rik specifically. This went to Rik and the list, and Lloyd has set up a doodle poll for scheduling a walkthrough.
    • Andy will follow up with Diego on the Education project. Not done
    • Andy will forward the link to the FMG registry requirements to the list and do an assessment of how well HingX meets those requirements as well. Not done
    • Andy will check with TSC if the Tooling Dashboard or such dashboards are of interest still. Not done, probably hold over to November 4th TSC call.
    • Andy has some material on the Education requirements from Diego he will forward to Dennis to see if he can advance it. Not done.
  • JohnR joins.
  • Project Updates
  • Review other projects:
    Tooling-sponsored Projects
    • PI# 801 Tooling Strategy and Process Revision - have not yet received feedback on the priorities we gave for John Quinn's budgeting. SDWG and incoming chair seeking funded development of publishing CDA IGs, and also seeking the CDA IGs ITS/templates tooling. Andy needs to touch base with SDWG on these. It's a bit confusing with Tooling WG tasked with strategic direction while the Board level is reviewing tactical-level initiatives. How do we address this with John Quinn and Bob? Initial solution to strategic direction did not scale and Board is trying to put out fires. Consistency in the publishing process is desirable, and existing publishing platform has good foundation. Andy has not had a chance to touch base with John on this. Working with SDWG to get the pressure off may alleviate concern at the Board level. Wilfred asks if there is a risk of pushback from the Board if we proceed with the strategic plan. With the no cost IP and other organizational direction changes, all levels have been struggling with envisioning any long term objectives. For example, the direction on conformance testing might have required extensive tactical planning for Tooling, but it has been assigned to external contract. Wilfred notes you have a strategy and then harmonize the tactical plan with whatever comes up from the Board.
  • No other updates, but should review inactive projects to be put on hold, etc.

Next week's meeting is cancelled.

Adjourned 2:49 PM


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.