2013-08-22 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034

Date: 2013-08-22
Time: 2PM Eastern
Facilitator: Michael Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
. .
x Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
Jeff Brown, HL7 ES liaison
regrets Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
regrets Dennis Cheung, co-chair, eHealth Ontario
x Jane Curry, Templates, OHT liaison
Diego Kaminker, Education liaison
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
John Ritter, EHR
x Abdul-Malik Shakir, CIC liaison
Rik Smithies, CS liaison
Rob Snelick, CGIT liaison
Rene Spronk, Marketing liaison
Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
x Michael van der Zel, co-chair
x Brian Pech, Kaiser (arrived late)
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Other/New Business



Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Michael convenes at 2:00 PM

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review - Tooling challenge update under projects, and add planning for WGM. Request from John Ritter for spreadsheet referred to publishing group. Approved by general consent
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2013-08-15 Tooling Call; Jane has a correction to the date of the OHT board meeting, on the 26th and not the 20th. Jane moves approval with that correction, seconded by Woody. Unanimously approved.
  • Planning for WGM - updates to agenda at Tooling_WGM_2013_Sep. Michael does not believe he will be able to attend, nor demonstrate the MAX software. Dennis typically does not attend. Andy will be the only chair. Jane asks if Hugh can do the MAX demo. Michael is not sure. Jane will also not be in attendance.
    • AMS asks for 15 minutes on the agenda to introduce a new group he's working with. Tuesday Q1 is suggested. AMS will also be reaching out to CGIT and invite them.
  • Review action items -
    • 2503 - no update
    • 2511 - Michael had a rough draft but would prefer to discuss at the f2f
    • 2513 - no update
    • 2514 - no update
    • 2706 - draft was approved, needs endorsement by John Quinn and posting to Sparx site. Close action item.
    • 2515 - HingX API has stalled for lack of time, also the reason to remove HingX from WGM agenda.
    • John Ritter proposed that the Tooling Work Group consider the creation of a project that creates a ballot-reconciliation spreadsheet that contains the ability to show the “old” and the “new” language that results when a ballot-reconciliation disposition occurs.
      • Disposition: Andy sent an email on 8/19 indicating disposition as: "This was discussed briefly on last Thursday and on Friday in Publishing. The spreadsheet will be referred to PIC as part of their process." Lynn will pass on the information to John to close the loop.
    • Action item 2294 - Proposed PSS for Tooling Education Partnership Outreach (Dennis offers regrets)
      • Referral to marketing committee for lessons learned on their university outreach program has not yet happened.
      • Student involvement in producing standards is a low yield activity, notes Woody. They could review documentation and suggest improvements. Woody notes that Helen at a UBC course some years ago assigned the documentation of a user file for the visio designer. AMS relates an undergraduate course where he took an existing application and translated it into another programming language. Need to consider scope of a semester's time and a short engagement to the assignment. Feedback on the use of standards is another thing we could seek.
  • Review projects:
    Tooling-sponsored Projects
    • PI# 992 Tooling Work Group Education Requirements and Plan - see Tooling_Education
      • Woody has two instructional videos completed on toolsmith topic webinars, and another on the way. They need feedback before they're ready for prime time. Alignment with the education webinar project discussed.
      • To achieve the September 2013 milestone, Andy, Michael and Lynn are to assess the requirements for education. The list of the tools that need better documentation are already in Woody's first webinar. Woody's concern for HQ support discussed, with the loss of the HQ support resource for tooling. Jane suggests we pick this up after Cambridge when we know more.
    • PI# 913 HL7 Tooling Challenge
      • AMS reports that he has not written the announcement yet since their selection was made. He will have something today. HQ and Sparx are working out the ongoing membership arrangements and support for the 2013 Tooling Challenge and so we need to identify the challenge for next year for announcement at the WGM. Both documents will be reviewed on the call next week.
    • PI# 904 HL7/OHT Health Ingenuity Exchange Alpha Program Participation
      • On hold until after the WGM, as all associated activities have been delayed.
    • PI# 831 EHR-S FM Profiling Tool
      • Phase 1 completed, starting up Phase 2 but waiting for contract. EHR used the tool for the ballot submission. Lynn will follow up with Karen.
    • PI# 803 Tooling_Dashboard
      • on hold
    • PI# 802 Tooling Communication Plan and Execution
      • on hold
    • PI# 801 Tooling Strategy and Process Revision
      • hoped for clearer direction after the Board retreat but no clarification on the elements of the membership strategy change for members-only access to tools. Josh took minutes when we heard from John, notes Jane. We need to include John's comments in the strategy document and get it signed off. Lynn will follow up with Andy on that.
    • PI# 742 Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models
      • Michael may not be at WGM to demonstrate, but at the WGM they will review for requirements already met and which need to be worked on.
    • PI# 665 MIF based Publishing Phase II; still moving very slowly. Phase 2 essence in replacing pubdb or visio designer not immediately planned.

Adjourned 2:56 PM


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • Lynn will follow up with Karen on waiting for contract starting up Phase.
  • Lynn will follow up with Andy to include John's post Board retreat comments in the strategy document and get it signed off.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.