This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2013-08-15 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

Standing Conference Calls

The Tooling WG will hold a Conference Call at 2 PM Eastern time, each Thursday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at Telecon_Agendas.

Conference Call: Uses HL7 Conference Call Service
Dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 586935#
GoToMeeting at 482-299-629
HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034

Date: 2013-08-15
Time: 2PM Eastern
Facilitator: Andy Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
. .
x Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
regrets Jeff Brown, HL7 ES liaison
x Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
Dennis Cheung, co-chair, eHealth Ontario
x Jane Curry, Templates, OHT liaison
Diego Kaminker, Education liaison
x Austin Kreisler, TSC Chair
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
x John Ritter, EHR
x Abdul-Malik Shakir, CIC liaison
regrets Rik Smithies, CS liaison
regrets Rob Snelick, CGIT liaison
Rene Spronk, Marketing liaison
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics



Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Andy convenes at 2:07 PM

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review - approved by general consent - John Ritter would like to add to the agenda a discussion on Tooling proposal extending Excel for ballot reconciliation tool. AMS adds that we should add the planning of the WGM.
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2013-08-08 Tooling Call, thanks to Josh for last week's minutes. Josh moves and Jane seconds approval; unanimously approved.
  • Announcement (Josh) - Josh reports that he has tendered resignation with HL7, effective end of August. Andy notes for the minutes that the Tooling WG has enjoyed working with him and wishes him well. John moves that we reject his resignation, seconded by Wilfred. Austin welcomes him to the ranks of the volunteers.
  • Update from Tooling Liaisons:
    • CIC - AMS reports the MAX project report from last week is still accurate. They have collected requirements and are prioritizing. They will meet again 1st Wednesday of September and hope to have a plan to present to CIC by the WGM. Andy will send something to Michael and Hugh to get responses. CIC does have MAX on their agenda at the WGM, so Tooling agenda could reflect this. Andy notes that Tues Q2 is typically our project updates and he and Michael can report if AMS is unavailable.
    • CS - Rik Smithies reports:
      • Clinical Statement went to ballot again, using the normal toolset, nothing of note happened. No progress on the OWL RIM related project from this end, but happy to hear about any developments or things I could contribute. I think it's going to be a watching brief mostly for Clinical Statement liaison for a while. I will continue to monitor and be available but don’t anticipate any new requirements coming up in near future.
      • Andy notes that he still has an action to send him the OWL PSS with some numbers.
    • CGIT - Rob Snelick sends regrets
    • Education - Diego Kaminker is not on the call.
    • EHR - John Ritter - a few things arising from Phase 1 of the EHR-S FM Profiling tool, and cannot yet produce a ballot document. Andy adds that Helen raised 5 concerns, and communications have been troublesome. There were two formatting issues and changes to balloters. He submitted questions to Helen and she is having email trouble. He will try to get something out tonight.
    • Electronic Services - Jeff Brown reports that there are no new updates coming from Monday’s Electronic Services WG call
    • Marketing - Rene Spronk is not on the call
    • Patient Care, RIMBAA - Michael Van der Zel - Michael is still on vacation.
    • Structured Documents, (Vocabulary), Publishing - Andy Stechishin
      • SDWG - Andy was unable to make the call last week. They have been fairly wrapped up in balloting process so nothing to report on tooling front. Trifolia WorkBench linkage to the HL7 membership database (for single-sign on) is being developed. He hopes they are taking that up with ES.
        • AMS asks if Trifolia is also used for creating and modifying templates? Andy is not sure. There is no Project Insight documentation on this issue. Concern raised for back-channel use of organization resources and the link to the external tool site from within one of the standards. Austin recommends Tooling work with John Quinn to address this instance.
        • Andy suggests Mike may have created an openID server or OAUTH but we don't know what's being exposed. Jane suggests we need to have better awareness of requests are sent to Mike. Josh said they set it up to validate against our membership database for a yes or no to allow them access. Talks were not concluded for HL7 access to their support. Jane suggests we need a formal project for this type of liaising.
        • AMS notes that Trifolia WB is linked from the Tools and Resources Page and the CDA Tools. Woody notes that Rosetree is also linked all over the place as well. Sparx licenses have been tracked via a list provided by HL7.
        • AMS suggests we need a policy governing relationships to external tools. Andy asks if the link to the Trifolia tool has already been in a published document; Austin reports that it has already slipped through. Austin notes that the TSC was going to discuss it last Monday but the topic was quashed by the chair-elect as a Board/EC realm.
        • Jane suggests we ask for the formal statement of policy from the Board/EC so we can address in the Tooling Strategy. Implications that are interdependent with other policy are of concern. Woody's work with Rosetree has been very transparent. The state of HL7 membership interaction has been dynamic, where members cannot yet author templates in the tool. AMS is working with them on issues from allowing this through a pilot process. MDHT use for other CDA IGs also discussed.
      • AMS returns to the policy question of external use of Membership data. Trifolia captures email information as well. Members requesting license keys for Sparx have to allow HL7 to give them the requestors' email address to contact them. AMS fears solicitation of emails in his inbox due to his use of Rational, for example. Action: Andy will raise this at the Steering Division to incorporate ES.
    • Templates, Open Health Tools - Jane Curry
      • OHT has board meeting concurring with HL7 WGM on Friday the 26th if anyone is interested in participating.
  • Josh has provided an HL7 Statement for Sparx Community site
    • Josh reports that Dennis noted he'd like to see more use cases.
    • Jane suggests we spell out MIF.
    • Sparx has asked us to post a statement on their community.sparx.com user knowledge forum.
    • Jane asks if Marketing is aware of this. Josh reports that John, Chuck, Mark and Andrea are aware.
    • Josh notes that we have 40+ users with registered licenses for Sparx.
    • Work groups don't choose EA but Work Group members choose what they want to model in.
    • Motion: endorse the amended text for approval by John Quinn before posting to the Sparx site. Jane moves and Woody seconds. Vote: AMS abstains, passed 6/0/1.
  • John Ritter would like to add to the agenda a discussion on Tooling proposal extending Excel for ballot reconciliation tool - Andy had communicated to Don Lloyd on this, and Don indicated there was no formal process. We will likely address on the Publishing call tomorrow (Friday 8/16 at 1 EDT).

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • Andy will raise this policy question of external use of Membership data at the Steering Division to incorporate ES.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.