This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

Tooling WGM 2013 Sep

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling WG Agenda for the Sep 2013 WGM in Cambridge MA USA

Return to Tooling Work Group page.

Day Date Time   Room Event Host joining Chair Scribe Notes
Monday Sep 23 AM Q1        
Q2          
PM Q3    
Q4 )  
Day Date Time   Room Event Host joining Chair Scribe Notes
Tuesday 9/24 AM Q1 Empress East Introduction to Tooling Work Group - Processes, Projects & Collaborations
See our morning slides
Tooling   Andy Stechishin
Q2 Empress East Project updates: MAX, EHRS-FM Profile Designer, Trifolia TD Tooling   Michael Lynn  
PM Q3 Molly Pitcher Hosted by Structured Docs (need to confirm) ITS, MnM, Tooling (Andy), V3 Publishing    
Q4              
7-9PM Riverside Pavilion Tuesday Tooling Night ( details) Tooling RIMBAA Andy    
Day Date Time   Room Event Host joining Chair Scribe Notes
Wednesday Sep 25 AM Q1              
Q2    
PM Q3  
Q4
Day Date Time   Room Event Host joining Chair Scribe Notes
Thursday Sep 26 AM Q1 Empress West Project Topics: V3 Generator, Migration Planning, Tooling Challenge
AMS conformance tooling intro (15 mins)
Tooling Andy Lynn
Q2 Empress West Tooling Strategy Discussion, Update from liaisons to other WG, Tactical Plan Tooling Tooling liaisons Michael Lynn  
PM Q3 Guest Room 209 Tools for development RIMBAA Tooling RIMBAA    
Q4              
Day Date Time   Room Event Host joining Chair Scribe Notes
Friday 9/27 AM Q1 Aquarium Joining Templates Templates Tooling, Patient Care, Structured Docs     TBD
Q2              
PM Q3              
Q4              


Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Empress East

Date: 2013-09-24
Time: 9AM Eastern
Facilitator: Andy Note taker(s): Andy
Attendee Name, Affiliation
x Attila Farkas, CHI (AF)
x Alexander Henket, NICTIZ (AH)
regrets Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair (AS)
regrets Michael van der Zel, co-chair
x Tessa van Stijn, NICTIZ (TvS)
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Q1 notes Tues Q1

  • Attendees were experienced Tooling participants and decided to forego the usual introduction to Tooling and cover tooling concerns.
  • At suggestion of chair, session was an open discussion on concerns/issues/needs from participants
  • AH and TvS opened discussion with queries on the direction for Template exchange and use of DECOR
  • AS gave an overview of the progress on the use of DECOR in the Templates ITS
  • AF had questions on the use of CDA Templates in the European jurisdictions and AS, AH, TvS gave overviews of the various functionality and capabilities of ART/DECOR
  • AF spoke about the Canadian activities and the overlap that was occurring between the realms and wondered if there was possibilities for sharing work/resources/experiences. AS said that Tooling would be happy to serve as a forum for these joint discussions. AH also suggested that HL7 Tooling would assist in the development of tools by defining the mechanisms for sharing of the core design artifacts.


HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Empress East

Date: 2013-09-24
Time: 11AM Eastern
Facilitator: Andy Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
x. Liora Alschuler, Lantana .
x Bo Dagnall, HP
x Sarah Gaunt, Lantana
x Alexander Henket
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
x Craig Purdon, Standards Australia
x Stephen Royce, NEHTA (AUS)
x Kanwarpreet Sethi, Lantana
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
x Michael van der Zel, co-chair
x Tessa van Stijn, NICTIZ
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Project Updates
    • MAX
    • Trifolia


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

Andy convenes at 11:07 AM

  • Michael describes the MAX tooling
    • EA extension, and next will address making it available to others beyond CIC
    • Export capability to flat format for non-technical user review also for schematron discussed
    • Bo discusses such an approach to use for the Business Architecture Model (BAM) for ArB - how to handle cascading many-to-many relationships for multiple objects. Michael noted the use case.
    • Kanwareet (KP) asks if they considered schematron directly against the UML, but it does not include everything for the functional models and they wanted an universal common format.
  • Sarah reviews the latest Trifolia release
    • Publishing tool, template versioning, and other features added.
    • Andy comments that the template status field should consider using the Templates Business Process requirements for those field values.

Thursday Sep 26 Q1

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Riverside Pavilion

Date: 2013-09-26
Time: 9 AM Eastern
Facilitator: Andy Note taker(s): Lynn
Attendee Name, Affiliation
x Woody Beeler
x Alexander Henket, NICTIZ
Abdul-Malik Shakir
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
x Michael van der Zel, co-chair
x Lynn Laakso, scribe
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Project Topics:

  • V3 Generator,
  • Migration Planning,
  • Tooling Challenge
  • AMS conformance tooling intro (15 mins)

Meeting Outcomes

Convene at 9:14 AM

  • Vocabulary maintenance language (VML) for vocabulary update
    • Value triplet properties, history of process evolution discussed and the remaining manual intervention required.
    • Russ did a java program posting from VML to Access db. Woody extended VML for xhtml markup for definitions recently. RIM-repos has the vocab tables db. Right now it's a tool for three people, e.g. Woody, Ted, Russ; would like to expand. Woody does not want to modify the Vocab db. ACTION: Need to revisit this in San Antonio.
    • Alexander asks about coreMIFs for each release having the same date. There is no versioning in the database, Woody reports. This is a weakness of the Database and a known issue but have been ignoring it for so long they forget. He recommends vocabulary MIF-diff files to see what has changed.
  • Rosetree has simplified user interface. Issues with Visio controls discussed
    • Andy asks if we need a browser overlay. It would be nice, but Visio environment is the concern. The Tooling Challenge is meant to address this but is not necessarily of a scope reasonable to the prize.
    • SMD included dependency on RIM file and needed new tool for each release of RIM. Michael notes that AML (Architecture Modeling Language) has been discussed to adapt UML for CIMI, OpenEHR and HL7 modeling use. There are parts of that in his profile for MIF. Sparx and RSA may implement it if they get an OMG profile approved. Woody notes the ability to move around classes, add new classes and subclass attributes are desirable. Michael notes the AML is applicable beyond health care. Andy notes that while there's not a lot of work going on in this space we don't want to leave it orphaned, and still requires investment each year to keep it up to date.
    • RMIM designer in visio works better than the UML templates in Visio and our audience is spoiled.
    • Woody asks about the state of the RFP from OMG - Michael clarifies it was more of an RFI and they are working on an RFP.
  • Woody notes that improvements in the Canadian Generator exist and need to migrate rather than replicate their upgrades. He hasn't had time this summer to work on it and needs a three-week stretch to focus.
  • Wish to build an internal web platform for members-only, that looks like a ballot site, for future normative edition publication material and meeting ANSI publication guidelines. Then it will be frozen and zipped into a normative edition. A web version of the NE was created for the Help Desk and that type of platform can be reused. Non-V3 type material like IGs are linked from the NE pages. What about CDA IGs? Woody notes they have not normally been in our publishing space. They are not typically included in the ZIP files.
    • He isolated an error in the RMIM designer in Visio this summer and it was very time consuming.
    • Woody would like to seek retraction of support for Visio 2002. Motion:' He moves we notify the cochairs, editors and internationaladmin lists in addition to Tooling the intent of Tooling's consideration to drop support for Visio 2002 effective with review at 2014JanuaryWGM in San Antonio. Michael seconds. Michael asks about establishing the principle to remove support with the vendor end-of-life. The Rosetree stuff is well beyond end of life, however, without a replacement. Alexander suggests we survey the affiliates as well. Vote: unanimously approved
  • Tooling challenge
    • What do we do with the Tooling Challenge entries, and their IP. If similar to Eclipse Public License, then derivative works must refer to the original IP but can develop further. Could make them backwards transformable to MIF.
    • RIM maintenance moved to RSA two years ago, but process is to export RSA, and then manage in MIF with a reverse transform for GUIDs assigned. Woody is now interested in migrating it to EA with graphics and annotations. Michael and Harold have used an extension to sanitize the EA XML. Woody will draft some documentation on the migration before suggesting a formal motion.
    • EMF stuff from last year is linked from January 2012s minutes.
    • How to package the Tooling Challenge winning entry with documentation and user guide and put it out there for people to use (Package release)? Is it members-only? What about Sparx, if they're not members should they have access? Needs further discussion on a call
  • AMS not present, adjourned 10:38 AM.


Thursday Sep 26 Q2

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Empress East

Date: 2013-09-26
Time: 11:00AM Eastern
Facilitator: Andy Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
x Jeff Brown, HL7 ES liaison
x Matthew Graham, Mayo, Mobile Health
x Alexander Henket, NICTIZ
x Tony Julian, Mayo
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
x Frank McKinney, consulting
x Tim McNeil, Surescripts
x Frank Oemig
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
regrets Michael van der Zel, co-chair
x Sara Stewart, NIST
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics
Tooling Strategy Discussion, Update from liaisons to other WG, Tactical Plan

Minutes

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Update from Tooling Liaisons:
    • Electronic Services - Jeff Brown
      • shift in process on dependency on HQ staff with Josh Carmody's departure- new person starts October 1st, setback with ES and ES Tooling; they are reprioritizing.
    • CGIT - Rob Snelick represented by Sara Stewart shows a short slide presentation
      • Messaging Work Bench - Pete gave MWB to NIST. NIST did analysis and recommendations to compile and placed it into open source. Matt Graham/Tony assert Mayo has gotten it to compile. Matt took code from sourceforge and migrated to Delphi 7 and identified missing libraries. There are few Delphi developers left but some at Mayo. Long term maintenance is unclear. Need updated version of V2.x Access db from Frank Oemig and Tony/Matt will import.
      • NIST is developing in Java an IG authoring and management tool extending profiling capabilities of MWG, currently in demo/pilot phase. Matt suggests a MWB listserv for existing users. Andy suggests using the Tooling listserv for now.
      • Tony asks if HL7 wants to fund Regex expression license for current regex. Matt notes it's 80 Euro with source code. Without source it's $50, per developer. Andy will talk to John about it. Excel spreadsheet-like dialog and component set license would be separate but belongs to a dead code thread so is probably unnecessary.
    • CIC - AMS is not available
    • CS - Rik Smithies is not available
    • Education - Diego Kaminker is not available
    • EHR - John Ritter is not available
    • Marketing - Rene Spronk is not available
    • Patient Care, RIMBAA - Michael Van der Zel is not available.
      • Andy reports from RIMBAA that there was not anything particular to Tooling, but interesting presentations on Tooling Tuesday but no issues.
    • Alexander Henket notes that if PA does not have a liaison he can fill that role. If we have requirements solicitation we will ping him.
    • Structured Documents, (Vocabulary), Publishing - Andy Stechishin
      • SDWG Tuesday Q3 focused on publishing quality IG subgroup. They will continue to meet monthly and they look at how publishing issues can be resolved in the tooling. Trifolia is not officially endorsed but may seek endorsement. No other updates from publishing.
    • Templates, Open Health Tools - Jane Curry is not available; Andy will find out more tomorrow. Templates ITS for CDA IG exchange has focused on DÉCOR format in EU, which currently maps to Trifolia but not sure on MDHT - awaiting status from Keith Boone.
      • Continuing investigations into the API/interface with the HingX tool.
    Tooling-sponsored Projects
    • PI# 801 Tooling Strategy and Process Revision - tentative plan has been endorsed by TSC; still pending review by Board, but needs refresh and review already. Vitality assessment discussions in ArB noted by Andy and MvdZel and spurring review Tooling architecture documents to bring up to date and refine them based on strategy. Seek to present an updated Tooling Strategy in San Antonio and perhaps even an updated architecture.
    • Mobile health looking at a project with GS1 that may involve Tooling (Harry Rhodes/Christian Hay)- Andy invites him to bring the project to Tooling as co-sponsor. May need an iOS developers' license. May be setting up tracking attendees through mobile app. Google playstore licensing and Android platform development unknown. ACTION ITEM: Andy will talk to John and Mark about an iOS developers' license for HL7. They hope for a prototype for January. Matt Graham will act as liaison.
  • Sara then shows a slide show and pilot of the IGAMT. She is running a local Tomcat server but can run a web server. What is the process for saving local copies of values when running the web server - Andy points out that corporate browsers won't allow saving to local storage. They use DITA processing chain for such documentation. Andy cautions DITA conversions for ePub, HTML. She will send out a link to those that are piloting next week when they move to a different external server.

Adjourned 12:25PM


Meeting Outcomes

Actions


Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items



Return to Tooling


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.