This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2013-04-25 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

Standing Conference Calls

The Tooling WG will hold a Conference Call at 2 PM Eastern time, each Thursday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at Telecon_Agendas.

Conference Call: Uses HL7 Conference Call Service
Dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 586935#
GoToMeeting at 482-299-629
HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034

Date: 2013-04-25
Time: 2PM Eastern
Facilitator: <Chair of Meeting> Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
. .
Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
x Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
x Dennis Cheung, eHealth Ontario
x Jane Curry, Templates, OHT liaison
x Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
x Brian Pech
x Abdul-Malik Shakir
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2013-04-18 Tooling Call
  • Review draft of updated Mission and Charter statement
  • Review action item updates -
    • #2445 Woody to write an article about 64 bit OS for RMIM designer
    • #2503 Jane and Lynn need to get feedback from Tooling and the Board on the policy implications for the Tooling Strategy. Meeting being scheduled to discuss with Board members.
    • #2506 Coordinate interaction with Vocabulary WG on UCPRS project (Andy)
    • #2510 Rik will develop requirements for inclusion in a project scope statement to further flesh out the ontology work
    • #2511 Michael will create a first draft product matrix reflecting changes based on the product strategy.
    • #2512 Lynn will follow up with John Quinn on EHR-S FM project extension approval supported by Tooling and outstanding approval by John Quinn - waiting for updated contract from William.
    • #2513 Tooling to develop a template for what a tooling requirements report needs to contain. Assigned to Michael for now
    • #2514 Michael will create a PSS for the UML Tooling BoF. Initial draft has not yet been circulated to the list.
    • #2515 Woody agrees to produce the scope to hack some transforms that will combine data from combined MIF files, and the message reference file that is generated as part of the ballot, to create submission content to HingX using the HingX API. In such a way that it gets the base definitional elements of the ballot and a summary of high level vocabulary dependencies and Concept domain dependencies.
    • #2520 Josh to Update the EA license management process document.
  • Tooling Challenge intent to participate deadline is next week
  • Tooling Strategy - Membership Task Force wants a list of specific tools from the Tooling WG for the strategy item that HL7-sponsored tools should be members-only. This is defined in the beginning of the strategy as "HL7-sponsored tooling" is that subset of HL7 tooling represented by HL7 investment and/or responsibility for management in the tool development and having a focus on benefits to HL7 membership. Assuming this is a list of tools HL7 paid for or received copyright ownership for and manages.
  • Review projects:
    Tooling-sponsored Projects
  • Other/New Business



Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2013-04-18 Tooling Call Motion by Jane seconded by Austin and unanimously approved.
  • Review draft of updated Mission and Charter statement
    • Revisions from Wilfred. Jane notes that the M&C doesn't reflect the outreach we intended to external organizations. For external groups do we need to include NIST for SMD? The role of tools in the membership model is still unclear. Jane notes that when we have a dependency of our functions on an external tool we need a formalized relationship to ensure they consider HL7 needs into the future. Austin notes the formal relationships are intended to be those where the WG is the formal liaison with an organization holding an SOU. Ad-hoc relationships "on occasion" should not be in that section. Jane suggests that the Tooling WG will receive additional responsibility for coordination with external groups as delegated by the BOD. Need to raise awareness for the NIST informal relationship for MWB and VA/IBM on open source projects for MDHT with the Board that an SOU should be in place to formally establish that relationship. MDHT is probably related through the OHT.
    • OHT liaison as a designated member not a co-chair.
    • Wilfred moves and AMS seconds approval of the M&C as edited. Unanimously approved. ACTION ITEM: Andy will forward this to the Steering Division once receiving it from Jane.
  • Review action item updates -
    • #2445 Woody to write an article about 64 bit OS for RMIM designer; Woody is not on the call.
    • #2503 Jane and Lynn need to get feedback from Tooling and the Board on the policy implications for the Tooling Strategy. Meeting being scheduled to discuss with Board members. Not yet scheduled.
    • #2506 Coordinate interaction with Vocabulary WG on UCPRS project (Andy) Andy was on the ES call but there was not quorum.
    • #2510 Rik will develop requirements for inclusion in a project scope statement to further flesh out the ontology work. Rik not on the call.
    • #2511 Michael will create a first draft product matrix reflecting changes based on the product strategy. Michael is not on the call.
    • #2512 Lynn will follow up with John Quinn on EHR-S FM project extension approval supported by Tooling and outstanding approval by John Quinn - waiting for updated contract from William. They may be speaking together at the ISO meeting. Jane notes there are questions on extending deliverables on existing projects, e.g. HingX. Lynn will check with Karen as Jane will send an invoice soon.
    • #2513 Tooling to develop a template for what a tooling requirements report needs to contain. Assigned to Michael for now. Michael is not on the call.
    • #2514 Michael will create a PSS for the UML Tooling BoF. Initial draft has not yet been circulated to the list.
    • #2515 Woody agrees to produce the scope to hack some transforms that will combine data from combined MIF files, and the message reference file that is generated as part of the ballot, to create submission content to HingX using the HingX API. In such a way that it gets the base definitional elements of the ballot and a summary of high level vocabulary dependencies and Concept domain dependencies. Woody is not on the call.
    • #2520 Josh to Update the EA license management process document. Josh has not yet completed this.
  • Tooling Challenge intent to participate deadline is next week. 14 registered users/projects. Josh needs to update the page for email contacts to remove Jane and add Andy. We need to announce to the registered participants that we're having a session on it at the WGM. Need to mention it on the slides - "Tooling Challenge next steps".
  • Tooling Strategy - Membership Task Force wants a list of specific tools from the Tooling WG for the strategy item that HL7-sponsored tools should be members-only. This is defined in the beginning of the strategy as "HL7-sponsored tooling" is that subset of HL7 tooling represented by HL7 investment and/or responsibility for management in the tool development and having a focus on benefits to HL7 membership. Assuming this is a list of tools HL7 paid for or received copyright ownership for and manages.
    • This is typically the list of tools in the WGM Q1 presentations e.g. V3 design and development tools. Lantana/Trifolia and MWB are not HL7-sponsored but probably be HL7-endorsed. Woody's adaptation of the Canadian V3 generator is HL7-sponsored. EHR-S FM profiler is also sponsored. CCD BlueButton is endorsed. Trifolia is not technically endorsed per-se. MAX is a sponsored project although the effort has been on a volunteer basis. V2 Access database is an HL7-sponsored tool but not Microsoft Access. Sparx EA is likely an 'endorsed' tool. IBM Rational modeler also available and would be 'endorsed'. Lynn will develop a draft and send to the list.
    • Should we meet next week to continue with the list of tools? Andy will try to have a meeting with Board folks before next week as well. Jane suggests a meeting with John on the Friday evening

Adjourned 3:07 PM

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2013 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.