20121119 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
web meeting https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/286625589

Date: 2012-11-19
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Hugh Glover Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = yes
Co chairs x Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio x Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Observers/Guests
x Lorraine Constable x John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
regrets Jean Duteau x Brian Pech . Rob Hausam
x David Hay x Austin Kreisler

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • PA resource project
  • Approve DMP and Mission & Charter
  • Process Management
  • Developing FMG Management Methodology
    • MnM process (Jean)
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
  • Naming rules for data elements (v3 or suffixes, etc) and guidance for handling history (suggested topic from Ewout via Lloyd)
  • From the list
    • Ballot reconcilliation
    • FHIR Meeting/Training in UK/Europe
    • WGM Agenda
  • AOB
    • ??

Minutes

  • Roll Call completed
  • Agenda Check done by Hugh; add connectathon content discussion, add minutes review
  • Minutes from 20121112 FMG concall approval moved by Lloyd, second by David. Lorraine/Ron abstain, passed 6/0/2.
  • Minutes from 20121109 FMG concall approval moved by Lorraine, second Lloyd. Unanimously approved
  • PA resource project - FMG to review project proposals for FHIR resources. Austin noted it had come forward some time ago but has not progressed. If we track what is being done, is it getting done, tracking progress to ballot with regard to projects, the FMG can obtain awareness and monitoring. FHIR-specific project scope statement calls for FMG to review FHIR resource projects. Trying to avoid having four approval steps for a FHIR PSS. Discussion ensued on including Steering Divisions as a separate step. What if FMG and Steering Division review were parallel/simultaneous? As the business architecture moves forward on a product line architecture the roles of the steering division will be changing. We want to see that Patient Administration has approved the PSS, as it's not indicated. Lynn will check with PA on its approval status and invite Ewout to next week's call. Postpone to next week.
  • Approve DMP and Mission & Charter
    • DMP with Hugh's changes reviewed. Moved by Hugh seconded by Lorraine to accept the DMPs. Unanimously approved. Lloyd will send them to Lynn who will post them to the wiki/gforge site.
    • M&C revised to reflect co-chairs rather than a chair and vice-chair. Hugh moves and Brian seconds acceptance of the revised M&C. Unanimously approved.
  • Process Management
    • Lloyd's escalation document FHIR Escalation Process - postpone until next week
    • Ballot content review and QA process FHIR QA Guidelines
    • Ballot process management (Lloyd) FHIR Ballot Planning
      • FM has one, Pharmacy has one, PA has several. Pharmacy concerned about prescription resource submitted by Ewout and Tom which needs better conformance to the other Pharmacy resource development. Ballot will include placeholder resources that are not open for comment.
    • Assign reps for committees FMG Liaisons - Hugh has gone through each Steering Division and list the Work Groups and then drafted who was contributing from each SD. Members can indicate who they wish to liaise with.
  • Developing FMG Management Methodology - see FHIR Guide to Designing Resources
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • What do we want to see in the connectathon. Tomorrow is conference call; soliciting input on what scenarios to exercise. Last cycle FHIR core team had determined the scenarios. David notes term connectathon implies more structure or formality as compared to Austin's term "hackathon". If we do one in May, Hugh asks if we expect to be more formal by then. Lloyd notes it will become more formal in future and may even become a revenue-generating event but that's a ways off.
        • One likely scenario is in the XDS space, notes Lloyd.
        • Document or message ATOM feeds are another.
        • Will we need to include Patient Administration content? Hugh hopes that Pharmacy will have the Administration content ready for this ballot. Paul has the coverage resource.

Adjourned 2:01 PM EST

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lynn will check with PA on PSS approval status and invite Ewout to next week's call.
  • Lloyd will send the DMPs to Lynn who will post them to the wiki/gforge site.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2012 Health Level Seven® International