2010-10-06 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Patient Administration Work Group Minutes - Wednesday October 6, 2010

Wednesday Q1

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Parlor 211

Date: 2010-10-06
Time: Wednesday Q1
Facilitator Gregg Seppala Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Gregg Seppala VHA
X Jay Zimmerman HL7 Canada
X Jane Daus McKesson
. Wendy Huang Canada Infoway
X Barry Guinn EPIC
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Morten Myhre Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. V2.8 New Content Proposals

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Proposal #622 (Chapter 3)
    • The only proposal found was an unfinished business with proposal #622. This was pending feedback from the international affiliates. This proposal had to do with the Rename and redefine PID.35 (Currently Species; deprecate PID.36 (currently Breed).
    • Motion (Alex / Barry): motioned to accept the proposal.
    • Discussion: The WG feels that we still need to consult with the international affiliates to assure that this is not US realm specific. However; the WG felt that this, along with any issues around the definition would be resolved, in the balloting.
    • Vote: 7 / 0 / 0
    • Conclusion/Action Item(s): The v2 proposal database was updated with Accept with a memo indicating that this was approved by PA.
  2. Proposal # 671 (Chapter 15)
    • This proposal refers to the PMU/ACK Event B07 (Grant Certificate /Permission) and PMU/ACK Event B08 (Revoke Permission). This may have to involve the security WG.
    • Conclusion/Action Item(s): The WG decided that there was follow up necessary with the submitter to provide a use case for this proposal since this seems to extend beyond chapter 15. It appears that this is extending into the areas of privacy and consent directives. It was suggested to ask the submitter to join the WG meeting later to provide more information. The v2 proposal database was updated with a memo – “unclear on use case; seems to be tied to consent directives. If so, need to coordinate with the Security work group.”
  3. Proposal # 606 (All Chapters)
    • This proposal refers to adding tables explicitly describing message pairs in the transactions for all chapters.
    • Conclusion/Action Item(s): The WG recommends submitting this to the publishing WG for consensus and potential addition to all chapters. The examples do not seem very informative. The optionality may be conditional with comments indicating that it is dependant on the header information. The v2 proposal database was updated with the disposition reading PA Has no objections but forwarding to the v2 publishing work group since it affects all chapter.
  4. Proposal # 672 (Chapter 8)
    • This proposal refers to addition of a new action code to MFE-1 to allow for record level replacement. The proposed additional action code is a MRP (Replace the whole record for master file). This may affect other chapters based on the update on HL& Table 0180 since it is a Record-level event code. The WG feels it should be submitted to control query for effects on other chapters.
    • There are other chapters which reference this table: 2,15 and 17. The WG feels that this would have to be coordinated with InM and Orders/Observations.
    • Motion (Jay / Irma): A motion was made to accept with a message to the submitter to get approval from other chapters that are affected.
    • Vote: 7 /0 / 0
    • Conclusion/Action Item(s): The proposal database was updated, adding a memo reading “PA accepts for chapter 15. Submitter also needs to also get approval from all other WGs responsible for chapters that reference Table 0180 (i.e InM -Chapter 2 and Orders - Chapter 17).” Also, send a message back to the submitter.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .


Wednesday Q2

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Parlor 211

Date: 2010-10-06
Time: Wednesday Q2
Facilitator Gregg Seppala Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Gregg Seppala VHA
X Jay Zimmerman HL7 Canada
X Jane Daus McKesson
. Wendy Huang Canada Infoway
X Barry Guinn EPIC
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Morten Myhre Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Rene Spronk HL7 Netherlands
X Alex Zupan TBS Group
X Massimo Frossi TBS Group
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. V3 Work - Link / unlink roles in registries (Spronk)

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. V3 Work - Link / unlink roles in registries (Spronk)
    • Rene Spronk arrived to review the Linking and Unlinking of Roles in Registires with the WG, specifically the proposed model changes.
    • Reviewed the item to change the patient topic R-MIM, using what is in the model but adding the IDENT role link between eRole and OtherIDs role classes within the proposal was reviewed.
    • The WG referred Rene to the IS functional Model to assure there is consistency across the paradigm.
    • The purpose of this presentation is to seek guidance from the WG as to whether this is worth moving forward to submission to InM.
    • The WG is in favor of extending onto link/unlink, and understands the scenario where a temporary ID must be assigned, with the permanent id being found later. The WG is neutral as to whether to add a statusCode to role link of IDENT.
    • Conclusion/Action Item(s): Rene will add a clarifying section to the current proposal based on the use cases in the functional model explaining what status codes shall be valued in which way. He will also present the proposal to InM as a “hot topic”.
  2. V2.8 Work - Proposal # 671 (cont.)
    • The WG revisited this v2.8 proposal after receiving more information from the submitter via emails indicating that the purpose is to convey information in the CER segment. The WG feels as though this is not the correct use of this segment as this segment (Certificate Detail Segment) reads that it “…adds detailed information regarding the formal authorizations to provide a service (e.g. licenses, certificates) held by the health professional identified by the STF segment.”
    • Motion (Jay / Irma): Accept proposed disposition
    • Vote: 6 /0 /0

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .


Wednesday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Parlor 211

Date: 2010-10-06
Time: Wednesday Q3
Facilitator Gregg Seppala Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Gregg Seppala VHA
X Jay Zimmerman HL7 Canada
X Jane Daus McKesson
. Wendy Huang Canada Infoway
X Barry Guinn EPIC
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
. Morten Myhre Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Approve minutes from Rio WGM
  2. Plan next meeting (Sydney)
  3. V3 Work - Harmonization proposals

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Approve Minutes from Rio
    • Motion (Irma / Jane): approve the RIO minutes
    • Vote: (6 / 0 / 0)
  2. Plan Next Meeting
    • The dates for the next WG meeting is 1/9/2011-1/12/2011 but the PAWG will meet on the days of 1/10/2011-1/12/2011.
    • The WG discussed adding the scheduling CMET work based on the work plan approved earlier this meeting.
    • Motion (Jay / Irma): Approve draft meeting agenda
    • Vote: (6 / 0 / 0)

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .


Wednesday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Parlor 211

Date: 2010-10-06
Time: Wednesday Q4
Facilitator Gregg Seppala Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Gregg Seppala VHA
X Jay Zimmerman HL7 Canada
X Jane Daus McKesson
. Wendy Huang Canada Infoway
X Barry Guinn EPIC
. Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Morten Myhre Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Rene Spronk HL7 Netherlands
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. V3 Work - Encounter DSTU Findings

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. OUH Encounter Model
    • Rene Spronk joined the WG this session to discuss the DSTU findings. The WG stated that our 3 year work plan calls for going to normative ballot for encounter.
    • Rene lead a discussion on feedback regarding the OUH Encounter Model. It was noted that there were differences between some of the components of this model and the one’s that the WG has defined.
    • The WG would have to modify the current PRPA_RM900350UV – Find Encounters Query Response model by:
    1. Class = EncounterEvent
      • add priorityCode attribute
      • add inFulfillmentOf ActRelationship to A_Appointment [universal]
      • add reason ActRelationship to A_ObservationDx [minimal]
      • add pertinentInformation ActRelationshiip to Procedure (classCode, moodCode, id, code, text, effectiveTime)
      • add componentOf ActRelationship from A_CareEvent [identified] – see below
      • add discharger Participation of R_AssignedPerson [universal]
    2. change location Participation, replacing R_ServiceDeliveryLocation [universal] with explicit model that differs from current CMET:
      • add name attribute to ServiceDeliveryLocation
      • add part/partOf RoleLink to ServiceDeliveryLocation
      • change scoping entity from E_Organization [universal] to E_Organization [identified]
    • Motion (Rene / Morton): Accept proposed the changes to the Encounter Query RMIM model
    • Vote *8 / 0 / 0)
  2. OUH Encounter model also proposes a new version of A_CareEvent that would impact Patient Administration and Care Provision. A summary of those changes follows.
    • These changes require discussion and coordination with Patient Care.
    1. Class = CareEvent
      • add effectiveTime attribute
      • add author Participation to R_AssignedPerson [universal]
      • add reason ActRelationship to ReferralReason observation(classCode, moodCode, code, value) (new class)
      • add componentOf ActRelationship to EncompassingEncounter (classCode, moodCode, id, code, effectiveTime) (new class)
    2. Class = EncompassingEncounter
      • add reason ActRelationship to A_ObservationDx [minimal]
      • add pertinentInformation ActRelationship to Procedure (classCode, moodCode, id, code, text, effectiveTime)
      • add attender Participation to R_AssignedPerson [universal]
      • add discharger Participation to R_AssignedPerson [universal]
  3. Proposal: update Find Encounters Query – Part 2
    • Rene reviewed this proposal, which adds 3 additional elements to a previous proposal (Proposal: update Find Encounters Query):
      • 1. dischargingPracticionerID
      • 2. actriveAttendingPracticionerID
      • 3. careEventID
    • Motion (Rene / Morton): Accept changes as described in the proposal.
    • Vote (8 / 0 / 0)
  4. Motion (Irma / ?): A motion was made to adjourn 4:58.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Navigation

© 2010 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.