2010-10-07 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Patient Administration Work Group Meeting - Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thursday Q1

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Parlor 211

Date: 2010-10-07
Time: Thursday Q1
Facilitator Gregg Seppala Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Gregg Seppala VHA
. Jay Zimmerman HL7 Canada
X Jane Daus McKesson
. Wendy Huang Canada Infoway
X Barry Guinn EPIC
. Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Morten Myhre Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Norman Daoust Daoust and Associates
X Klaus Veil HL7 Australia
X Kramer Ewout Furore
X Giorgio Cangioli HL7 Italy
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. V3 Work - Registry Service Specification

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. The WG reviewed the PA_Interdependent_Registries topic within the HL7 wiki. The chair indicated to the WG that US-centric business cases have been included, with the hope that further business cases will be added to expand the scope of the topic which will include other interested international groups.
  2. The WG next reviewed he HSCPDIR_white_paper.pdf, which attempts to map the Healthcare, Community Services and Provider Director Service Functional Profile items to HL7 message standard items to provide guidance for development of HL7 semantic profiles. There were some “deltas” (indicated in yellow highlight) which may be proposed additions to appropriate HL7 standard domain model. Some of the items that do not map to the current HL7 standards along with the “deltas” need to be clarified or validated with the document author (Max Walker – HL7 Australia).
  3. The WG next reviewed the Service Function Specification model for Identification Service in an attempt to model the use cases for the PA_interdependent_registries proposal. The WG reviewed the various user scenarios defined in the specifications.
    • For all discussions where events are considered (e.g. update, nullify, inactivate, etc.) it is important to keep the distinction between the aspect of the real world entity and the aspect of the record of that entity.
    • It should also be considered that these actions defined are done on the sending system, with no information on what action the receiving system will make.
    • It would be helpful for implementers if the standard noted the intention.
  4. The WG was presented the BMS_Align_Catalogue_Item_Synchronization_r2p7p0_d2p2p_25_Nov_2009.pdf from McKesson which includes a use case that highlight possible personnel management, scheduling area and master file area updates.


Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .


Thursday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Parlor 211

Date: 2010-10-07
Time: Thursday Q3
Facilitator <Chair of Meeting> Note taker(s) <Scribe of Meeting>
Attendee Name Affiliation . . .
. . .
Quorum Requirements Met: No
quorum achieved as defined in the Work Group Decision Making Practices?

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. V3 Work - Registry Service Specification

Supporting Documents


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:


Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Thursday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Parlor 211

Date: 2010-10-07
Time: Thursday Q4
Facilitator Gregg Seppala Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Gregg Seppala VHA
. Jay Zimmerman HL7 Canada
. Jane Daus McKesson
X Wendy Huang Canada Infoway
. Barry Guinn EPIC
. Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
. Morten Myhre Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Norman Daoust Daoust and Associates
. Klaus Veil HL7 Australia
. Kramer Ewout Furore
. Giorgio Cangioli HL7 Italy
X Marc Koehn Gordon Point Informatics
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Schedule conference calls
  2. Approve next ballot
  3. Update Work Plan
  4. Adjourn


Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Schedule conference calls
    • The WG decided that one hour conference calls will be held every other week on Mondays at noon eastern time beginning on November 1st , until the next WGM This resulted in 4 conference calls.
  2. Approve next ballot
    • PA will not ballot any documents in the January ballot cycle
  3. Update 3-Year Work Plan
    • Identity Document: The WG discussed whether we actually want to withdraw this as indicated as a question for may cycle (2010). Although HL7 Netherlands requested it, it was not implemented this way. Therefore this has no implementations of this sort. Irma noted that HL7 Canada might have a requirement for this interaction. The representative from Canada will follow up with Jay (Zimmerman) for validation. There were ideas to keep the topic in the work plan as an informational topic, however; without clear implementers it seems a good candidate to withdraw. The way it was implemented in the Netherlands is slightly different than what is in the DSTU. Irma will find out the differences and report back the WG. The WG decided the the registies willl be targed to be DSTU in Sept 2011. Jay volunteered to check to see if there are implementers in Canada relating to this topic. Hl7 Netherlands will check what was actually implemented to see if it pertains to what the topic describes.
    • Encounters: Content will be worked on in January for normative in May of 2011.
    • Scheduling: Gregg will send Irma the last normative spreadsheet so that she can lead the Scheduling and Logistics release 2 discussions during the working session at the January WGM 2011.
    • V3 CMETs are also scheduled for work at the January session.
    • Motion (Irma / Wendy): Accept the changes as discussed.
    • Discussion: A question was raised regarding HL7 Netherlands involvement in some of these items especially with regards to registries. It was explained that Netherlands, Australia and the US have interests with more interest seemingly to grow.
    • Vote: (4 / 0 / 1)
  4. Adjourn
    • Motion (Wendy /?): A motion was made to adjourn.
    • Vote: (5 /0 / 0)

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Navigation

© 2010 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.