2010-10-05 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Patient Administration Work Group Meeting - Tuesday October 5, 2010

Tuesday Q1

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Parlor 211

Date: 2010-10-05
Time: Tuesday Q1
Facilitator Gregg Seppala Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Gregg Seppala VHA
X Jay Zimmerman HL7 Canada
X Jane Daus McKesson
. Wendy Huang Canada Infoway
X Barry Guinn EPIC
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Morten Myhre Helse Vest IKT Norway
. Adri Burggraaff HL7 Netherlands
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • V3 Work - Interdependent Provider Registry - Define Use Cases


Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
The WG reviewed the wiki for background information and for defining what is within the scope of the PA Working Group. The current scope is to define the interactions across the following topics:

  • Person topic (DSTU in Patient Administration domain)
  • Patient topic (DSTU in Patient Administration domain)
  • Service Delivery Location (DSTU in Patient Administration domain)
  • Provider topic (Normative R1 in Personnel Management domain)
  • Organization topic (Normative R1 in Personnel Management domain)


The WG needs to explore further whether work on the following topics for this effort should be done within the PAWG:

  • Health Service
  • Health Program


Next the WG reviewed business cases beyond the interest of Netherlands, Australia and Canada, including interest based on US HITSP needs, US Health Information Technology Policy Committee’s Information Exchange Workgroup and the HL7 EHR System Functional Model (IN.3 Registry and Directory Services). Defined use cases were reviewed in the wiki:

  • ONC Use Case - Consumer empowerment: consumer access to clinical information
  • ONC Use Case - Consultation and Transfer of Care
  • ONC Use Case - Scheduling


The PAWG also reviewed current standards around provider registries along with the following analysis documents

  • HITSP Information Interchange Subcommittee Interface to Provider Directory/Registry Harmonization Project
  • Healthcare, Community Services and Provider Director Service Functional Profile, Release 1 mapped to HL7 Personnel Management


Gregg proposed that the wiki be the area where the PAWG does it’s work for this effort.
The PAWG decided that understanding the business cases would be the best first step to defining the use cases for this effort. Jay volunteered to review the presentation “Blueprint 2015 Interdependent Registries – A Discussion Paper“ to review the business case so that the PAWG would be clear on the business case. For Canada, the business case includes:

  • EHRs
  • Health System Services
  • Consumer Health Solutions
  • Clinical Decision Support


HL7 Netherlands represented by Alexander Henket the business case includes the need for an application registry to include in this interdependency.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .


Tuesday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Parlor 211

Date: 2010-10-05
Time: Tuesday Q3
Facilitator Gregg Seppala Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Gregg Seppala VHA
X Jay Zimmerman HL7 Canada
X Jane Daus McKesson
. Wendy Huang Canada Infoway
X Barry Guinn EPIC
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Morten Myhre Helse Vest IKT Norway
. Adri Burggraaff HL7 Netherlands
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Norman Daoust Daoust and Associates
X Tim McNeil Surescript
X Joe Piene Siemens (Norway)
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. V3 Work - Interdependent Provider Registry - Define Use Cases


Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • The chair gave a short review of the subject of interdependent provider registries.
  • The WG decided that working in smaller teams to developed use cases for this effort would be the best way to take on this work.
  • Norman Daoust explained the use case format that was used in past efforts within PA. Specifically, he defined scope, as either business, or system, where the former refers to actors interacting with a business, whereas the latter describes actors interacting with systems.
  • The WG decided to first do a use case together, then possibly move into groups. Doing this, it was decided to define the gaps in functionality today of the Canada Infoway registry interactions to try to define an initial use case.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .


Tuesday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Parlor 211

Date: 2010-10-05
Time: Tuesday Q4
Facilitator Gregg Seppala Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Gregg Seppala VHA
X Jay Zimmerman HL7 Canada
X Jane Daus McKesson
. Wendy Huang Canada Infoway
X Barry Guinn EPIC
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Morten Myhre Helse Vest IKT Norway
. Adri Burggraaff HL7 Netherlands
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Norman Daoust Daoust and Associates
X Tim McNeil Surescript
X Joe Piene Siemens (Norway)
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 4 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. V3 Work - Interdependent Provider Registry - Define Requirements


Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • The WG continued with the attempt to define a use case for this effort. Norman suggested that we define a simple use case, using the alternate flows for as the various registries are engaged in the business flow.
  • Expand the DAM to allow for the Health Program Health services, user registry and application instances and look to Ron and Sasha to help flesh the needs out. That includes relationships to the other classes with businesses. Requirements, both business and including use cases are needed. Look to develop interactions to come up with a detailed list of interaction patterns for registries in general so that they can be applied to the related registries Provider, Person, Patient, SDL, Organization. After Gregg comes up with these interactions, this pattern will be compared with what exists to define needs.
  • Gregg reviewed the differences in patterns within the WG’s work try to see if they can be applied to all relevant registries: Provider, Person, Patient, Service Delivery Location, and Organization. This included the PM and PA domains.
  • The workgroup reviewed the Registry


Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Requirements/Use Case will be validated by Sasha and Ron through Jay
  • Gregg – Detailed list of interactive patterns
  • Jay will update the DAM
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Navigation

© 2010 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.