V3 Publishing ConCall Minutes 20130816

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Return to: V3 Publishing Main Page > V3 Publishing Meeting Minutes > 2013

Return to Publishing Committee
Minutes of Recent Publishing Conference Calls

V3 Publishing Teleconference

Meeting Information

HL7 V3 Publishing Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 212-860-120

Conference Call: HL7 Conference Call Service:

  • Phone: 770-657-9270
  • Passcode: 657896
Date: 2013-08-16
Time: 1:00-2:00 pm Eastern
Facilitator Woody Beeler (GWB) Note taker(s) Andy Stechishin (AS)
Attendee Name Affiliation
× George "Woody" Beeler (GWB) Beeler Consulting
× Joshua Carmody (JC) HL7 International
Jean Duteau (JD) Duteau Design
Pete Gilbert (PG)
Alexander Henket (AH) E.Novation
× Austin Kreisler (AK) SAIC/CDC
× Don Lloyd (DL) HL7 International
Beck (Rebecca) Matthews (BM) NEHTA
Brian Pech (BP) Kaiser-Permanente
× Andy Stechishin (AS) CANA Software & Services
Michael Tan (MT) NICTIZ
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Agenda review and approval
  2. Approve Minutes of previous meetings June 28 and August 9
  3. Announcements
  4. Update on Action Items
  5. Around the table
  6. Future Business
    1. Deadlines and due dates
  7. Adjourn


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Agenda
    • Called to order 1:03 pm Eastern
  2. Approve Minutes of previous meetings June 28 and August 9
    • There was no decisions made on the June 28 call this entry can be removed.
    • Motion: Approve August 9 minutes as posted AS/AK unanimous
  3. Announcements
    • DL there are a number of ballots that will hold to open until Sept 3, there is also one upcoming out of cycle ballot to open on Sept 5
  4. Update on Action Items
  5. Around the table
    • DL
      • Timeline on the ballot opening - difference between Version 3 and CDA
      • CDA opens on the Friday following the Monday opening of the V3 ballot, this is the last date to give a full ballot
      • Moving the opening to Friday for V3 would move the final content deadline to the Sunday evening and give the editors more time
      • AK: this would give the editors more time in the upcoming short cycles
      • AK: another option is to slip the open date but not the final content due date
      • GWB: could DL prepare both the upcoming ballot calendar (for January 2014 ballot) and the 2014 publishing calendar with both kinds of cycles
    • GWB
      • Are there items that need to be scheduled or knowledge transfer with JC departure from HQ?
      • Discussion of the training videos and notes from the cross-training
      • would like to spend the hour next Tuesday (regular cross-training session) to discuss where there are opportunities for improvement in training materials
    • AS
      • Request from John Ritter to improve the ballot spreadsheet came to Tooling, does responsibility for this tool rest with Tooling or Publishing?
      • DL had received another request for a new column from Freida Hall
      • GWB asked if the ballot desktop is the responsibility of DL
      • DL stated that he is working on the ballot desktop but the spreadsheet could become the responsibility of another group
      • AS take action item to discuss with PIC that they take responsibility for the ballot spreadsheet
      • AK believes there are some items that require oversight but is happy with having PIC look at the spreadhseet
  6. Future Business
    1. Next Meeting
      • Cancel August 23 meeting
      • Next meeting August 30
    2. Deadlines and due dates
  7. Adjourn
  8. Adjourned 1:42 pm Eastern.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .