V3 Publishing ConCall Minutes 20101112

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Return to Publishing Committee
Minutes of Recent Publishing Conference Calls

V3 Publishing Teleconference

Meeting Information

HL7 V3 Publishing Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 212-860-120

Conference Call: HL7 Conference Call Service:

  • Phone: 770-657-9270
  • Passcode: 657896
Date: 2010-10-29
Time: 12:00-1:00 pm Eastern
Facilitator Woody Beeler (GWB) Note taker(s) Andy Stechishin (AS)
Attendee Name Affiliation
× George "Woody" Beeler (GWB) Beeler Consulting
× Jean Duteau (JD) Gordon Point Informatics
Pete Gilbert (PG)
× Austin Kreisler (AK) SAIC/CDC
Patrick Loyd (PL) Gordon Point Informatics
× Don Lloyd (DL) HL7 International
Joginder Madra (JM) Gordon Point Informatics
Mary-Kay McDaniel (MK)
Dale Nelson (DN)
× Gregg Seppala (GS) Veteran's Administration
× Andy Stechishin (AS) Gordon Point Informatics
Rob Savage (RS)
× Anita Walden (AW) Duke University
× Jane Daus (JD) McKesson
Quorum Requirements Met: yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Agenda review and approval
  2. Approve Minutes of previous meetings October 29 and November 5
  3. V2 Publishing Resolution to form 2 separate Publishing work groups
  4. Notes from Don Lloyd
  5. Around the table
  6. Future Business
  7. Adjourn

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Agenda
    • Called to order 11:06 am Eastern
  2. Approve Minutes of previous meetings October 29 and November 5
    • Motion: Approve October 29 (AS/GS) unan
    • Motion: Approve November 5 (AK/GS) unan
  3. V2 Publishing Resolution to form 2 separate Publishing work groups
    • DL comment that there are materials that do not seem to fall into the topics covered by either the V2 or the V3 groups
    • CDA, one of the mentioned materials, should fall under V3
    • GELLO is with V3
    • CCOW (and Arden)
    • EHR should also fit under V3
      • GWB does not wish to make it V2 publishing 'and everything else', question to JD would it make sense, following a split to call it V2 Publishing and Publishing?
    • Issue no HL7 imprint, need to establish guides for publishing everything
    • GWB: TSC has an expectation that publishing questions in general should be directed to a single group
    • AK: Question about publishing v2 Implementation Guide
    • Further discussion is required GWB will plan to attend T3SD
  4. Notes from Don Lloyd
    • Pharmacy
      • Content is in the pipeline
      • Discussion on Common Product Model and use of R2 datatypes
      • Pharmacy wish to publish medication under CPM
      • Can be done as CMETs under CP domain and project
      • Can also be kept under RX and refer to the other domain
  5. Around the table
    • GWB
      • V3 Gen fixed to assist managing Visio diagrams
      • Will also do datatypes
      • Not released because of issues with datatype schemas
      • Uncovered some issues in the core schemas
    • GS
      • Process didn't include quality assurance statement
    • DL expect next cycle that it will be easier to put together the DSTU set
  6. Adjourned 12:06 pm Eastern.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .