V3 Publishing ConCall Minutes 20100616

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Return to Publishing Committee
Minutes of Recent Publishing Conference Calls

V3 Publishing Teleconference

Meeting Information

HL7 V3 Publishing Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 212-860-120

Conference Call: HL7 Conference Call Service:

  • Phone: 770-657-9270
  • Passcode: 657896
Date: 2010-06-16
Time: 04:00-05:00 pm Eastern
Facilitator Woody Beeler (GWB) Note taker(s) Andy Stechishin (AS)
Attendee Name Affiliation
× George "Woody" Beeler (GWB) Beeler Consulting
× Jean Duteau (JD) Gordon Point Informatics
× Pete Gilbert (PG)
Austin Kreisler (AK) SAIC / CDC
Patrick Loyd (PL) Gordon Point Informatics
× Don Lloyd (DL) HL7 International
Joginder Madra (JM) Gordon Point Informatics
Mary-Kay McDaniel (MK)
Dale Nelson (DN) II4SM
× Gregg Seppala (GS) Veteran's Administration
× Andy Stechishin (AS) Gordon Point Informatics
Rob Savage (RS)
Anita Walden (AW) Duke University
Quorum Requirements Met: (yes/No)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Agenda review and approval
  2. Approve Minutes of previous meetings June 2 and June 9
  3. Normative Edition Update
  4. Publishing Structured Documents Implementation Guides
  5. Publishing Facilitator's Guide Updates
  6. Update on CMET Management
  7. Notes from Don Lloyd
  8. Around the table
  9. Future Business

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Agenda
    • Called to order 4:06 pm Eastern, agenda accepted as posted
  2. Approval of prior minutes:
    • June 2, 2010: AS/PG unanimous
    • June 9, 2010: AS/GS unanimous
  3. Normative Edition
    • No update
  4. Publishing Structured Documents Implementation Guides
    • PG has published CDA as Word in the past
    • At WGM in RIO 2 tools were demonstrated: MDHT and NHS SMD
    • PG will pilot using the tools for publishing in the current ballot cycle
    • The tools produce schemas, diagrams, table views
    • MDHT produces DITA
      • It was questioned if the tool would produce the full level of documentation currently found in the implementation guides.
      • It was also questioned if the tools would capture all of the annotations
    • would like to see
    • Currently implementation guides are Word documents that are downloads and not part of the regular ballot site.
      • Provide PDF and Word .doc for download and review
    • V3 Publishing would like to have input to the review process
      • It was wondered if any of the tools could provide an output file per constrained model in MIF2
    • PG will keep group posted
  5. Publishing Facilitator's Guide Updates
    • No update
  6. CMET Management
    • From MnM minutes, AS will update the Hot Topic
  7. Notes from Don Lloyd
    • next deadline is June 18
  8. Around the Table
    • GWB provided an update on a problem in Visio affecting the 2003/2007 versions, maintaining the models in dual mode has issues
      • Austin Kreisler identified the problem
      • Tool forgets all class codes
  9. Adjourned 4:43 pm Eastern.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)

None

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

Posted on Wiki