V3 Publishing ConCall Minutes 20100609

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Return to Publishing Committee
Minutes of Recent Publishing Conference Calls

V3 Publishing Teleconference

Meeting Information

HL7 V3 Publishing Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 212-860-120

Conference Call: HL7 Conference Call Service:

  • Phone: 770-657-9270
  • Passcode: 657896
Date: 2010-06-09
Time: 04:00-05:00 pm Eastern
Facilitator Woody Beeler (GWB) Note taker(s) Andy Stechishin (AS)
Attendee Name Affiliation
× George "Woody" Beeler (GWB) Beeler Consulting
Jean Duteau (JD) Gordon Point Informatics
× Pete Gilbert (PG)
Austin Kreisler (AK) CDC
Patrick Loyd (PL) Gordon Point Informatics
× Don Lloyd (DL) HL7 International
Joginder Madra (JM) Gordon Point Informatics
Mary-Kay McDaniel (MK)
Dale Nelson (DN) II4SM
× Gregg Seppala (GS) Veteran's Administration
× Andy Stechishin (AS) Gordon Point Informatics
Rob Savage (RS)
× Anita Walden (AW) Duke University
Quorum Requirements Met: Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Agenda review and approval
  2. Approve Minutes of previous meetings (ConCalls in May)
  3. Normative Edition Update
  4. Notes from Don Lloyd
  5. Around the table
  6. Future Business
    • Motion:

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. Agenda - proposed by GWB at start of call, was not available earlier
    • Called to order 4:08 pm Eastern
    • Motion: Accept the proposed agenda (as specified above) (AW/AS) unanimous
  2. Approved Minutes of previous meetings
  3. Normative Edition Update
    • Proceeding well
      • Content is correct as per last week
      • CMET appropriate from the ballot are part of the NE
      • One more generation to run
      • The NE will be published only with Datatype release1, no Datatypes release 2 RIM will be included, abstract datatypes release did not finish reconciliation
    • GS: CMET releases
      • add intro to cmets talk about version skipping r08 what is r09
      • Action: (GWB/AS) update Normative Edition CMET introduction explaining the CMET release numbering with the gap at release 08. GWB would update the ballot artefact status and the cmetinfo file. AS would set up conference call to discuss/coordinate.
  4. Notes from Don Lloyd
    • none
  5. Around the Table
    • AW
      • Will be balloting a new DMIM in fall cycle. Also has a new release of DAM (no problems). would help be available?
      • GWB: Need definition of domain (if it is a new domain), will assign code to domain, get PubDB, the domain description (which is design walkthrough).
      • Detailed description of attributes would be in the Visio tool and used to produce table
      • GS commented that if you make the DMIM serializable (has only a single entry point) it will produce the table view
      • GWB offered to work with AW (Abdul-Malik Shakur is also working on the project) to assist in publishing
    • GWB
      • Has created Best Practices and Style Guides & Templates on the main Wiki page. This will help to categorize and tabulate knowledge and lore surrounded the HL7 process including, but not limited to, the publisher's craft.
  6. Adjourned 5:03 pm Eastern.


Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Action: GWB and AS - update the NE CMET introduction explaining CMET release numbering, correct supporting artefacts according to release numbers.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • Regular Teleconference