Behavioral Health CCD Project
Return to FM WG Wiki
- 1 Behavioral Health CCD Project Resources
- 2 Behavioral Health CCD Project Scope Statement
- 3 Deliverables
- 4 Behavioral Health CCD Project Background
- 5 Behavioral Health CCD Project Need
The Behavioral Health project progress is now being tracked on the Community Based Collaborative Care (CBCC) Work Group wiki page under CBCC Project Space.
Behavioral Health CCD Project Scope Statement
The Behavioral Health CCD project is intended to evaluate the currency and comprehensiveness of HL7 Behavioral Health and Social Service standards against emergent requirements in the US and internationally.
- Behavioral Health Assessment Domain Analysis Model (DAM) targeting a priority use case for administrative reporting on the health, social-economic, and functional status of clients for whom behavioral health and social services have been provided. Examples of such reporting in the U.S. are:
- SAMHSA Treatment Episode Data Set (TEDS) collected by Center for Substance Abuse Treatment and the Uniform Reporting System (URS) collected by Center for Mental Health Services’ (CMHS) from states, which are used to compute the SAMHSA National Outcome Measures (NOMs) for Co-Occurring Disorders. An example of state level reporting is the Arizona Demographic and Outcome Data Set User Guide (DUG).
- Behavioral Health CCD implementation guide (BH CCD), which will constrain the C32 profile required for Meaningful Use Stage 1
- Vocabulary developed and submit to harmonization prior to balloting proposed standards:
- Value sets from external standard vocabularies as needed to support proposed standards
- HL7 concept domains, code systems, and value sets where no external standard vocabularies exist
Behavioral Health CCD Project Background
HL7 has several standards that support the interoperability requirements of the Behavioral Health Community including:
- HL7 EHR Behavioral Health Functional Profile, Release 1
- HL7 Social Services Invoice Common Message Element Model (CMET) model diagram
- HL7 Social Services Invoice Common Message Element Model (CMET)schema
- Semantic Health Information Performance and Privacy Standard Domain Analysis Model (SHIPPS)
- Consent Directive Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) Implementation Guide Draft Standard for Trial Use (DSTU)
These standards were developed over several years with input from a wide range of behavioral health experts from the US and abroad. Some stakeholders have more encompassing requirements than this current set of standards supports.
Behavioral Health CCD Project Need
These requirements would be best served by a more comprehensive set of standards, which have been validated against a robust analysis of the business and semantic interoperability requirements of the domain.
In particular, U.S. behavioral health providers, including acute care facilities providing emergency and inpatient behavioral health, and the programs to which these providers report, have an emergent need to address Meaningful Use requirements in a manner appropriate to the behavioral health specialty. Additional benefits extend to:
- Initiatives to integrate behavioral and primary health care integration such as those funded by SAMHSA Primary and Behavioral Health Care Integration Grants for Health Information Technology (HIT) Adoption in the Context of Integrated Care (PBHCIHIT)
- Public Health agencies with needle exchange programs and public health surveillance generally, can utilize the data derived from Assessments relating to population locations and rates.
Behavioral Health CCD Project Team, Contact Information
- CIO, Information Technology Services, Division of Operations and Planning, Arizona State Dept. of Health - Paula Mattingly
- Architect, Lead Project Manager and Domain Expert - Madan Gopal, Arizona Department of Health Services
- Business Requirements Analyst - Michael Sheldon, Division of Behavioral Health, Arizona State Dept. of Health
- Data Analyst - Daniel Crough, Information Technology Services, Arizona State Dept. of Health
- Clinical Domain Expert - Dr. Steve Daviss
- Medicaid business process, transactions, and terminology SME - Mary Kay McDaniel, Cognosante - FM WG Cochair
- Behavioral Health business process, transaction, and terminology SME - Nik Garifalos, FEI Systems
- Project Facilitator - Kathleen Connor, FM WG Cochair
- Modeling Facilitator - Ioana Singureanu, Eversolve LLC
- Publishing Facilitator - Serafina Versaggi, Eversolve LLC
- Support Project Manager - Erin Fitzsimmons, University of Iowa
Behavioral Health Call Information
Weekly Conference Call Information
Weekly, Wednesday at 1 pm EDT(10 am PDT)
- Downloadable appointment - save the .ics file and open it with your calendar program.
Conference Audio: +1 770-657-9270 , Participant Code: 451256 (US Callers may also use: 888-321-4501)
- NEW Web Meeting Link
Web Meeting Link. If you are having difficulties enter 'https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/167505736' on your browser.
Meeting Agenda and Minutes
- November 16, 2011 Behavioral Health CCD Project Conference Call at 1PM EDT
- November 2, 2011 Behavioral Health CCD Project Conference Call at 1PM EDT
- October 26, 2011 Behavioral Health CCD Project Conference Call at 1PM EDT
- October 19, 2011 Behavioral Health CCD Project Conference Call at 1PM EDT
- October 12, 2011 Behavioral Health CCD Project Conference Call at 1PM EDT
- October 5, 2011 Behavioral Health CCD Project Conference Call at 1PM EDT
- September 29, 2011 Behavioral Health CCD Project Conference Call at 4PM EDT