2018-08-15 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2018-08-15
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio . Wayne Kubick, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk Brian Postlethwaite Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Grahame Grieve .

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 2018-08-08_FMG_concall
  • Action items
    • Grahame to put together something to describe a desired level of BR&R community engagement in order to own Substance
    • Lloyd to draft a process for approving technically breaking changes that are believed not to impact any implementations and submit for review by FMG, MnM and SGB
    • Anne to monitor SGB vote on expiring FMG positions to carry forward to TSC
    • David to draft documentation/communication regarding the poly on balloting/publishing as FMM5
    • David to work on vetting unapproved resources for publication
  • Review Items
  • Discussion Topics
    • Simplifier produced IGs
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
    • MOTION to accept: Hans/Lloyd
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Minutes from 2018-08-08_FMG_concall
    • MOTION to accept: Lloyd/Hans
    • VOTE: Hans, Josh, Brian Pech abstain. Remaining in favor.
  • Action items
    • Grahame to put together something to describe a desired level of BR&R community engagement in order to own Substance
      • Carry forward
    • Lloyd to draft a process for approving technically breaking changes that are believed not to impact any implementations and submit for review by FMG, MnM and SGB
      • Lloyd has put wording in the ballot but hasn’t written up what the broad consultation process is. Carry forward.
    • Anne to monitor SGB vote on expiring FMG positions to carry forward to TSC
      • Voted to approve. Will be on TSC agenda on Monday.
    • David to draft documentation/communication regarding the poly on balloting/publishing as FMM5
      • Drafted. Group reviews. Need to clarify that this must be done prior to publication – perhaps by November 1. Also need to be clear that if you’re going to go normative it has to be done; if you’re not, you still have to do it to get to the level you indicate in the spreadsheet.
        • ACTION: David will update and resend for comment.
    • David to work on vetting unapproved resources for publication
      • Task is to review and vet unapproved resources to see if they are worth including in the publication in terms of readiness and usefulness. Hans asks about criteria. Discussion over there are things without a proposal at all.
        • Revised ACTION: David will come up with a list of resources in the build that do not have a resource proposal and then we can consider next steps.
  • Review Items
    • Coverage Requirements FHIR IG Proposal
      • Lloyd describes the proposal. Hans believes the committee approved last Friday.
        • MOTION to accept: Hans/Brian Pech
        • VOTE: Lloyd abstains. Remaining in favor.
  • Discussion Topics
    • Simplifier produced IGs
      • Decision was made previously that in order to be considered for ballot, an IG has to be publishing through the auto publishing infrastructure on FHIR.org. There is a page that details the steps for publication.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • 219 participants have registered so far. Prediction is that it will sell out.
      • Review tracks
        • FHIR Storage and Analytics
          • Group reviews. They are also interested in setting up a WG around this topic. Grahame suggests it might be more appropriate for FHIR Foundation. Need to clarify track lead who will be present. Need some specific scenarios.
            • ACTION: David to follow up with submitters
        • CIMI Laboratory and Wound FHIR Profile Track
          • Group reviews. Lloyd: What code do I build that will let me connect to somebody else? Or does this not involve connecting? It’s unclear here. Need to find out how someone unfamiliar with CIMI would participate – what are the steps someone would need to take to build into their system? Is interoperability involved or are they just building models? Which version of the spec are they using? Also need to flesh out scenarios.
            • ACTION: David to follow up with submitters
    • SGB –
      • No further report
    • MnM –
      • Did not meet
    • FMG Liaisons
      • No report
  • Other business
    • Grahame got a request to fix a typo – change descendent to descendant. Both spellings are considered to be legitimate. The change is a breaking change to a normative resource (ValueSet). WG has been discussing on Zulip. Some are strongly opposed to rolling back the change; others, including WG cochairs think the change should stay. FHIRpath had the same spelling error and corrected it in a Normative ballot. Lloyd notes it is being used there in a traverse node, so it’s not a big concern. Lloyd is comfortable saying it wasn’t a necessary spelling correction and it’s not worth putting the ballot at risk. As product director, Grahame is torn on the issue. Discussion over the potential impacts. It would be different if both spellings weren’t legitimate. David suggests adding an overall FMG opinion to the conversation that changing it would be too disruptive. Group agrees, and David adds the comment to the thread.
    • Hans: There was a change to Observation after an OO conference call but before the substantive change deadline. Now the WG has not voted on it and won’t be able to do so on Thursday. What if the WG decides that it should be rolled back? Is that a substantive change after 8/10? Grahame states unrolling it would not be a substantive change; if they decide to make the change, it needs to be in the list of changes by 8/22.
  • Adjourned at 5:15 pm Eastern


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

2018-08-22 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2018 Health Level Seven® In