2018-07-18 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2018-07-18
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio . Wayne Kubick, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
x Josh Mandel John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Grahame Grieve x Mark Kramer, Barbara Wallace, Genny Luensman, Lori Fourquet, Amol Vyas

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 2018-07-11_FMG_concall
  • Action items
    • David to create tracker items for the QA that wasn't applied
    • Grahame to put together something to describe a desired level of BR&R community engagement in order to own Substance
    • Grahame to draft a process for approving technically breaking changes that are believed not to impact any implementations and submit for review by FMG, MnM and SGB
    • VerificationResult: Brian to check with WG regarding the potential for splitting
    • Anne to nudge TSC about what they want to do about expiring FMG positions
      • Motion will appear on 2018-07-23 TSC agenda
    • Track proposal actions for David:
      • Contact Rob Hausam to ask him to update Terminology Services
      • Contact Ron regarding what version of FHIR the Patient track will be based on
      • Reach out to Eric to see if the inclusion of FHIRcast is a typo
      • Ask Hans about LIVD track
      • Add "Related Tracks" to the track proposal template
  • Review Items
  • Discussion Topics
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
    • SGB –
    • MnM –
    • FMG Liaisons
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call
    • Guests here for ODH topic
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 2018-07-11_FMG_concall
    • MOTION to approve: Hans/Brian Pech
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Action items
    • David to create tracker items for the QA that wasn't applied
      • Carry forward
    • Grahame to put together something to describe a desired level of BR&R community engagement in order to own Substance
      • Carry forward
    • Grahame to draft a process for approving technically breaking changes that are believed not to impact any implementations and submit for review by FMG, MnM and SGB
      • Carry forward
    • VerificationResult: Brian to check with WG regarding the potential for splitting
      • Carry forward
    • Anne to nudge TSC about what they want to do about expiring FMG positions
      • Motion will appear on 2018-07-23 TSC agenda
    • Track proposal actions for David:
      • Contact Rob Hausam to ask him to update Terminology Services
      • Contact Ron regarding what version of FHIR the Patient track will be based on
      • Reach out to Eric to see if the inclusion of FHIRcast is a typo
      • Ask Hans about LIVD track
      • Add "Related Tracks" to the track proposal template
        • Complete
  • Review Items
    • Publication Request - HL7 Cross-Paradigm Implementation Guide: UDI Pattern
      • Hans describes.
        • MOTION to accept: Hans/Lloyd
        • Discussion: Lloyd states that no IT artifacts can be normative if the underlying resource isn’t normative. Hans: V2 and V3 are normative; not sure how to handle. Could highlight in the FHIR section that it is still STU.
        • MOTION to accept with adjustment to FHIR section to indicate that it is STU: Hans/Lloyd
        • VOTE: All in favor
  • Discussion Topics
    • DeviceDefinition vs. Device
      • Hans: We need feedback on how to proceed. Proposal: DeviceComponent would go away, Device would get tweaked, and DeviceDefinition would be added. Josh thinks it makes sense. Lloyd has concerns. The notion of splitting Device and DeviceDefinition is worrisome because in practice, lots of systems reference Device in a way that is ambiguous. Nothing preventing this going to ballot to solicit feedback from the community, however. Hans: On Device, we would change the definition of the scope and add an optional reference to DeviceDefinition. Discussion over all the things that reference Device and how that would affect them. Should go to the WGs that own those things to discuss. Conclusion that if OO agrees with updates on Tuesday that they can take it to ballot for wider community feedback.
    • Occupational Data for Health (ODH) Resource Proposal
      • Group here to make sure they’re on the right track. Wondering if it should be a profile on Observation rather than a resource based on feedback. Proposing to use IG format to express how to use. Lloyd: The initial design can be done before we decide how/where to publish it. Would the resource for occupational health be removed for R4, then? Could have multiple approaches and leave it as an open question. Group decides to deprecate it. Lloyd: Do we want to leave it in but point people to the new solution, or take it out completely? Decision to take it out completely. Discussion over how to go about that. Need to document process for removing a resource.
    • FMG tracker items
      • 16930: WG has agreed to withdraw the OccupationalHealth resource
        • MOTION to approve: Hans/Grahame
        • VOTE: All in favor
      • 13170: Refer to MnM
      • 16294: Issue is overlapping scope of resources. Look at it again in R5. FHIR-I should work with FM to identify exactly how the use cases expressed using ProcessRequest can be met by other means. Will then revisit.
        • MOTION to approve: Lloyd/Hans
        • VOTE: All in favor
      • 14894: Incomplete resources should be removed. FMG will develop a process and inform the WGs that we’ll be vetting “unapproved” resources for appropriateness/readiness for publication.
        • ACTION: Add to next FMG agenda
        • MOTION to approve: Grahame/Lloyd
        • VOTE: All in favor
      • 14445: What are expectations for allowing artifacts to ballot as normative and for allowing publication? Several resources still below FMM 5. FMG will document that 1) nothing will be published as normative that doesn’t have full documentation in the tracking spreadsheet that it meets level 5 &6, and 2) in the future we will require special dispensation for artifacts to go to normative when they don’t meet level 5.
        • ACTION: Add documenting/communicating this policy to next agenda
        • MOTION to approve: Hans/Brian Post
        • VOTE: All in favor
      • ACTION: Add review of remaining tracker items to the next call on 2018-08-01
    • Criteria for inclusion of profiles and valuesets in FHIR Core
      • Carry forward
  • Adjourned at 5:32 pm Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

2018-08-01 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2018 Health Level Seven® International