2018-07-11 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2018-mm-dd
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio . Wayne Kubick, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite x Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Grahame Grieve x Francois Macary, Mark Taylor, Nagesh Bashyam, Viet Nguyen, Amol Vyas Claude Nanjo, Lorraine Constable

Agenda

Minutes

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
    • DeviceDefinition vs. Device – add by Hans
    • Gforge tasks – add by Grahame. May have to do offline and vote next week
    • Floyd’s publication request followup
  • Minutes from 2018-07-04_FMG_concall
    • MOTION to approve: John/Grahame
    • VOTE: Hans abstains. Remaining in favor
  • Action items
    • David to create tracker items for the QA that wasn't applied
      • Carry forward
    • Grahame to put together something to describe a desired level of BR&R community engagement in order to own Substance
      • Carry forward
    • Grahame to draft a process for approving technically breaking changes that are believed not to impact any implementations and submit for review by FMG, MnM and SGB
      • Carry forward
    • Complete NIBs by 7/11 for the Sept ballot
      • Need to figure out what is going back to ballot and at what level
    • VerificationResult: Brian to check with WG regarding the potential for splitting
      • Carry forward
      • Lloyd to ensure DaVinci understands expectations
    • Anne to nudge TSC about what they want to do about expiring FMG positions
      • MOTION to recommend to TSC that Brian Pech and Brian Post be reappointed to FMG: Grahame/John
      • VOTE: Brian Post/Brian Pech abstain. Remaining in favor.
    • Track proposal actions for David:
      • Contact Rob Hausam to ask him to update Terminology Services
      • Contact Ron regarding what version of FHIR the Patient track will be based on
      • Reach out to Eric to see if the inclusion of FHIRcast is a typo
      • Ask Hans about LIVD track
      • Add "Related Tracks" to the track proposal template
        • Carry forward
  • Review Items
    • Patient Reported Outcomes PSS
      • Dragon (Nagesh) describes project. Comment only this cycle; STU in January planned. Lloyd: Would be good to reflect a relationship with the Argonaut questionnaire IG and the Structured Data capture IG. Dragon will update scope.
        • MOTION to approve: Brian Post/Hans
        • VOTE: All in favor
    • Floyd’s publication request from last week:
      • MOTION to approve: Lloyd/Grahame
      • VOTE: All in favor
    • Women’s Health Technologies Coordinated Registry Network Implementation PSS
      • Dragon describes the project.
        • MOTION to approve: John/Brian Post
        • VOTE: All in favor
    • Common Data Model Harmonization PSS
      • Dragon describes the project. Lloyd suggests changing the name to get an R in the acronym – Common Research Data Model. Lorraine: You might want to clarify that before it hits TSC. Dragon suggests Common Data Model Harmonization for Research. Group agrees. Grahame: There is discussion about writing a common query language – check out the analytics on FHIR discussion on Zulip.
        • MOTION to approve: Hans/John
        • VOTE: All in favor
    • Order Catalog Interface
      • Claude and Francois describe the project and supporting details. Lloyd: Happy with ObservationDefinition and SpecimenDefinition, but has reservations with EntryDefinition. Claude: We understand it’s a new type of resource. Is a component of a catalog – doesn’t stand by itself. Lloyd: A catalog is just a collection. Lorraine: It’s more than a collection, particularly in the implementation use cases we’ve seen. Two questions – 1) how do you relate the pieces of the whole catalog definition to each other, and 2) should EntryDefinition exist at all? Grahame: The name of EntryDefinition doesn’t reflect the scope, and the scope needs work. The scope proposal needs to deal with boundaries, relationships, and the overlap. Claude agrees to flesh out the scope and usage. Discussion over how to demonstrate relationship between entries. Grahame states that the EntryDefinition name is too general.
  • Discussion Topics
    • NIBs
      • Scope of STU ballot: Grahame suggests we note that we’ll be processing comments on some things in particular, and everything else will be deferred for future use. Brian Post: need some wording to help direct people to the correct ballot.
        • MOTION to endorse all 5 NIBs (Patient, Observation, Infrastructure, Conformance (Normative) and everything else STU) with instructions to balloters as described by Grahame above: Hans/Paul
        • VOTE: all in favor
    • Brian Pech departs. David Hay arrives.
    • DataExchangeforQualityMeasures FHIR IG Proposal
      • Viet Nguyen describes proposal. Lloyd: When people want to provide additional measures, would they have to update this IG? Viet: They would develop their IGs based on this. Lloyd: Do we need a separate IG for each measure? Floyd: The CQI voted that it should be an IG to assist in creating quality measures – not medication reconciliation only. Medication reconciliation was to be an example – it’s not a medication reconciliation IG.
        • MOTION to accept: Hans/David
        • VOTE: All in favor
    • Criteria for inclusion of profiles and valuesets in FHIR Core
      • Carry forward
    • ACTION: Add Device/DeviceDefinition to next week’s agenda
  • Adjourned at 5:35 pm Eastern


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

2018-07-18 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2018 Health Level Seven® International