2018-03-14 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2018-03-14
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
Russ Hamm
x Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
Ewout Kramer
Regrets Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick
x Thom Kuhn
Ken McCaslin
Regrets Rik Smithies
Sandy Stuart
Quorum: Chair + 4

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Approve Minutes of 2018-02-28_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Action Items
    • Paul waiting to hear back from Vocab and PA re: approval of items balloting at STU in FHIR R3
      • Will then verify with Karen that the documentation on the FHIR R3 ballot STU approvals is sufficient
    • Calvin/Austin to take the issue of bringing large projects into HL7 to the board level
    • ARB/SGB to decide whether the ISM material is ready and when it should go to CDA
    • Anne to work on adding links on precepts page to approval minutes for each precept
    • Anne to post vocabulary precepts documents to new section: Document under development
      • Complete
    • Ask CDAMG to draft call for volunteers with criteria for new position and send to SGB for distribution
      • Sent template to Lisa/Brett on 2018-03-01
    • Create precept around management groups sponsoring projects and ballots
    • Anne to move CIMI-MG candidate list to PLA with recommendation that FMG, CDAMG, and V2MG should identify liaisons to CIMI-MG
      • Complete
    • Anne to contact people nominated by others to see if they are willing to be considered
      • Complete
  • Discussion Topics
    • Review of project management life cycle spec to see if it talks about project and ballot scope
    • Need to make sure that SGB is accurately reflected in the GOM, and figure out what precepts should appear in the GOM
    • Review Mission and Charter
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    • Technical Alignments Between Product Families
    • How groups are to interact with publishing, EST, Vocabulary, etc.
    • Precept on bringing in large projects
    • Vocabulary - review HTA material for precepts
    • Precept for adding new tools (include that WGs with a specific mandate must be involved, such as EST, Publishing, Vocabulary, etc.) - was this covered by the tooling precept we created in New Orleans?
    • Precepts We Need to Develop
  • Parking Lot
    • BAM guidance on process for product adoption
    • Create PRECEPTS that require that it be articulated in the standards how the value sets specified within the standards respond to changes in regulation, licensing, time, etc.- to do in April/before Cologne
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Ownership of content
    • What precepts do we need to address PSS/profile approval processes of balloting and publishing potentially thousands of CIMI model?

Minutes

  • Agenda review
    • Add CDAMG membership
  • Approve Minutes of 2018-02-28_SGB_Conference_Call
    • MOTION to approve: Thom/Lorraine
    • VOTE: All in favor.
  • Action Items
    • Paul waiting to hear back from Vocab and PA re: approval of items balloting at STU in FHIR R3
      • Will then verify with Karen that the documentation on the FHIR R3 ballot STU approvals is sufficient
        • Paul did discuss with Vocab and PA but they haven't responded yet. Will send another reminder. Ted was going to raise on the next call. Paul will also bring up on FMG that they need to gather confirmation from WGs that they are intending on balloting on a certain level. Discussion over whether a family can determine that materials are balloting without the explicit approval of a WG. It is common practice in V2, which is determined to be a little different. In FHIR we have a tendency for content to pop up in WG's domains that they don't know about. V2 is also all balloted normative, so there isn't the opportunity for something to be balloted at the wrong level. In FHIR, it's possible for things to get put into ballot at a level that the WG didn't approve. Need to make sure that WGs to vote to approve their content to go in, and at what level, by the first week of April.
          • ACTION: Paul to address WG approval of ballot content and level at FMG
    • Calvin/Austin to take the issue of bringing large projects into HL7 to the board level
      • Carry forward.
    • ARB/SGB to decide whether the ISM material is ready and when it should go to CDA
      • Tony mapped existing work products in the ISM. Reviewed document. Discussion over definition of logical models. Discussion over how CIMI fits - seems to be logical and conceptual models. There is a gap between things listed on the PSS and the specifications we actually develop as an organization. Noted that CCOW is logical, physical, and implementable. Discussion over how it applies to a domain like Pharmacy, or how it might be useful to a management group. What is the value proposition of sending this out to the groups to use? Discussion over the differences between conceptual, logical, physical and how they apply to the current work in FHIR. Need to keep this on the burner and determine the value this has for people. Will discuss at joint meeting with ARB on the 27th. Need a text narrative to go with this to articulate value.
        • ACTION: Anne to find Giorgio's presentation from Paris
    • Anne to work on adding links on precepts page to approval minutes for each precept
    • Anne to post vocabulary precepts documents to new section: Document under development
      • Complete
    • Ask CDAMG to draft call for volunteers with criteria for new position and send to SGB for distribution
      • Sent template to Lisa/Brett on 2018-03-01. Haven't heard back; will check back. Dale Nelson is retiring and will be stepping down, so they'll also need a replacement for him eventually.
    • Create precept around management groups sponsoring projects and ballots
    • Anne to move CIMI-MG candidate list to PLA with recommendation that FMG, CDAMG, and V2MG should identify liaisons to CIMI-MG
      • Complete
    • Anne to contact people nominated by others to see if they are willing to be considered
      • Complete
  • Discussion Topics
    • Review of project management life cycle spec to see if it talks about project and ballot scope
    • Need to make sure that SGB is accurately reflected in the GOM, and figure out what precepts should appear in the GOM
    • Review Mission and Charter
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    • Technical Alignments Between Product Families
    • How groups are to interact with publishing, EST, Vocabulary, etc.
    • Precept on bringing in large projects
    • Vocabulary - review HTA material for precepts
    • Precept for adding new tools (include that WGs with a specific mandate must be involved, such as EST, Publishing, Vocabulary, etc.) - was this covered by the tooling precept we created in New Orleans?
    • Precepts We Need to Develop
  • Parking Lot
    • BAM guidance on process for product adoption
    • Create PRECEPTS that require that it be articulated in the standards how the value sets specified within the standards respond to changes in regulation, licensing, time, etc.- to do in April/before Cologne
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Ownership of content
    • What precepts do we need to address PSS/profile approval processes of balloting and publishing potentially thousands of CIMI model?

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved