2018-03-28 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2018-03-28
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
Russ Hamm
x Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
Ewout Kramer
x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick
x Thom Kuhn
Ken McCaslin
x Rik Smithies
Sandy Stuart
Quorum: Chair + 4

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Approve Minutes of 2018-03-14_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Action Items
    • Paul to address WG approval of ballot content and level at FMG
    • ARB/SGB to discuss ISM material on next joint call
    • Anne to find Giorgio's presentation on ISM from Paris
      • Sent to list
    • Anne to work on adding links on precepts page to approval minutes for each precept
      • Ongoing
  • Discussion Topics
    • Review draft of CDAMG call for volunteers
    • Review V2MG Mission and Charter
    • Review FHIR artifact governance process
    • Review of project management life cycle spec to see if it talks about project and ballot scope
    • Need to make sure that SGB is accurately reflected in the GOM, and figure out what precepts should appear in the GOM
    • Review Mission and Charter
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    • Technical Alignments Between Product Families
    • How groups are to interact with publishing, EST, Vocabulary, etc.
    • Precept on bringing in large projects
    • Vocabulary - review HTA material for precepts
    • Precept for adding new tools (include that WGs with a specific mandate must be involved, such as EST, Publishing, Vocabulary, etc.) - was this covered by the tooling precept we created in New Orleans?
    • Precepts We Need to Develop
  • Parking Lot
    • BAM guidance on process for product adoption
    • Create PRECEPTS that require that it be articulated in the standards how the value sets specified within the standards respond to changes in regulation, licensing, time, etc.- to do in April/before Cologne
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Ownership of content
    • What precepts do we need to address PSS/profile approval processes of balloting and publishing potentially thousands of CIMI model?

Minutes

  • Agenda review
    • Discussion over issue of when a standard is a standard in terms of ANSI requirements.
    • Add discussion of reference architecture PSS from SOA
  • Approve Minutes of 2018-03-14_SGB_Conference_Call
    • MOTION to approve: Tom/Rik
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Action Items
    • Paul to address WG approval of ballot content and level at FMG
      • Carry forward
    • ARB/SGB to discuss ISM material on next joint call
      • Discussed yesterday. Need to figure out how much time should be spent on this and what the use is so that we can give it to the management groups or not. Just sending it to the MGs won't be useful unless they know why. Thom: Need to provide examples of how to translate. Austin: Need to identify what problems we're trying to solve with it. Calvin: We could define it as a tool that they have at their disposal, and point to examples of how to use it to understand their products better. Just need to understand if it's ready for broader consumption. Could discuss at joint quarter in Cologne. Reviewed Tony's ISM presentation. Wayne suggests we focus on three examples - the most commonly seen PSSs. Lorraine: We asked the MGs to do a product inventory. Perhaps we should check in to see how they're doing on the inventory, and this could be a next step.
        • ACTION: Tony to put in Confluence; Calvin to make some examples using CDA.
    • SOA sent a PSS to ARB on the HL7 Health Service Reference Architecture (HL7-HRSA). Goal is to organize service functional models, functional profiles, and domain models into a formalized enterprise service inventory, an architectural patterns catalog, and associated methods for enterprise service discovery and orchestration. It is a very large piece of work. Calvin: Isn't this everything we're trying to do within the FHIR space? Do we really want that many fronts going on that need to be coordinated? Lorraine states we're not really doing this in the FHIR space. They see a real lack of architecture going on in FHIR, particularly in the behavioral space. Calvin states they should start in FHIR and broaden it, rather than starting so broadly and bringing it back down. Austin: This is comparable to what RDAM is aiming to do. Lorraine: People are coming up with a need and coming up with different ways to solve it. Wayne expresses concern that a group is trying to push a particular approach, rather than providing guidance. Thom: There's no way that one architecture is going to fit all, but guidance would be helpful. Reviewed the HSSP reference architecture document done by SOA/OMG. Discussion over lack of formal FHIR architecture. What body has oversight to say "yes, this is something we should or shouldn't do, and if we do it, these people should be involved." Typically this would be a TSC issue.
      • ACTION: Add to TSC Saturday agenda in Cologne: role of architecture in standards development process
    • Anne to find Giorgio's presentation on ISM from Paris
      • Sent to list
    • Anne to work on adding links on precepts page to approval minutes for each precept
      • Ongoing
  • Discussion Topics
    • Review draft of CDAMG call for volunteers
      • Reviewed document.
      • MOTION to approve with the amendment that they need to contact Paul and Lorraine (rather than Austin) with date adjustment: Wayne/Austin
      • VOTE: All in favor
        • ACTION: Anne to send to Andrea for distribution
    • Review V2MG Mission and Charter
      • Reviewed document and made minor edits.
        • MOTION to approve: Wayne/Calvin
        • VOTE: All in favor
          • ACTION: Anne to send back to PLA
  • Carry forward:
    • Review FHIR artifact governance process
    • Review of project management life cycle spec to see if it talks about project and ballot scope
    • Need to make sure that SGB is accurately reflected in the GOM, and figure out what precepts should appear in the GOM
    • Review Mission and Charter
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    • Technical Alignments Between Product Families
    • How groups are to interact with publishing, EST, Vocabulary, etc.
    • Precept on bringing in large projects
    • Vocabulary - review HTA material for precepts
    • Precept for adding new tools (include that WGs with a specific mandate must be involved, such as EST, Publishing, Vocabulary, etc.) - was this covered by the tooling precept we created in New Orleans?
    • Precepts We Need to Develop
  • Parking Lot
    • BAM guidance on process for product adoption
    • Create PRECEPTS that require that it be articulated in the standards how the value sets specified within the standards respond to changes in regulation, licensing, time, etc.- to do in April/before Cologne
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Ownership of content
    • What precepts do we need to address PSS/profile approval processes of balloting and publishing potentially thousands of CIMI model?
  • Adjourned at 11:02 am Eastern

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved