2018-01-17 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

'Date: 2018-01-17
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
Russ Hamm
x Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick
x Thom Kuhn
Ken McCaslin
x Rik Smithies
Sandy Stuart
Quorum: Chair + 4

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Approve Minutes of 2018-01-10_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Action Items
    • Paul waiting to hear back from Vocab and PA re:approval of items balloting at STU in FHIR R3
      • Will then verify with Karen that the documentation on the FHIR R3 ballot STU approvals is sufficient
    • Calvin/Austin to take the issue of bringing large projects into HL7 to the board level.
    • ISM
    • Ask methodology groups to define how the definition of substantive change applies to their product family; management groups must then operationalize
  • Discussion Topics
    • Product Family Management Groups - scope of responsibility draft from Paul
    • Alteration of ballot content while in ballot
    • FGB assimilation
    • Precepts We Need to Develop
  • Parking Lot
    • Review GOM with respect to where SGB and precepts should be reflected
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Ownership of content

Minutes

  • Agenda review
  • Approve Minutes of 2018-01-10_SGB_Conference_Call
    • MOTION to approve: Austin/Tony
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Action Items
    • Paul waiting to hear back from Vocab and PA re: approval of items balloting at STU in FHIR R3
      • Will then verify with Karen that the documentation on the FHIR R3 ballot STU approvals is sufficient
        • Has not heard back from the WGs yet. Carry forward.
    • Calvin/Austin to take the issue of bringing large projects into HL7 to the board level.
      • Carry forward. Could apply to projects originating both within and outside of the organization. Need a systematized approach. Discussion over SGB's role; there will likely be precepts that come out of the discussion.
      • Discussion over DaVinci project reviewed yesterday on US Realm as an example.
    • ISM
      • Will discuss on Sunday in New Orleans. Tony took a stab at mapping our current standards into the ISM.
    • Ask methodology groups to define how the definition of substantive change applies to their product family; management groups must then operationalize
      • Need to create guidance for management group to operationalize.
  • Discussion Topics
    • Product Family Management Groups - scope of responsibility draft from Paul
      • Reviewed Paul's draft. Discussed other examples of items which are not wholly contained within the product family. Wayne: This seems to be missing the concept of applying an area owned by a WG into the specification. Paul: If Pharmacy creates FHIR resources, the management group manages that space but it doesn't create the resources. What about a Pharmacy resource that isn't wholly contained by FHIR? Calvin: Maybe we should say wholly used by. Paul: If you use something, that's different than a specification. For example, FHIR can manage the implementation guide on CQL but not CQL. Lorraine notes that FHIR Path is an external expression language outside of FHIR. Austin: It's a marketing name. Wayne: The name was chosen because the original name was already trademarked.
        • ACTION: Review again next week
    • Alteration of ballot content while in ballot
      • Issue is that the Public Health list received an email regarding FHIR resources being balloted this cycle; it advised that important updates and changes were made since the ballot was released and balloters should use the new version to comment on. There are existing change requirements for items in ballot. Austin: This should be routed to TSC for advisement. Need to figure out where the process breakdown occurred. Discussion over whether they notified balloters via the ballot desktop or just the listserve. May be a good coaching opportunity for using appropriate processes.
        • ACTION: Austin will ask the WG if they approved this or if it was someone on the project team who originated it.
    • FGB assimilation
      • Lorraine states that FGB discussed its future on Monday's call and the idea of merging into SGB. After discussion, FGB voted to recommend that they dissolve and combine with SGB. Lloyd, Ewout, and Grahame are candidates to move to SGB; also need to discuss how product director relates to SGB. Also discussed communication paths. Lloyd, Ewout, and Grahame will discuss amongst themselves if any of them will put their name forward as a candidate for a spot on SGB. Paul: At the Sunday SGB meeting we can discuss further, then Monday morning we can do the dissolution if they are willing to make that motion. Then we could decided to take the additional candidates who come forward and take them to TSC for inclusion in SGB. Friday we can vote people in and elect a cochair to replace Austin's position.
  • Adjourned at 11:03 AM Eastern

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved