2018-01-10 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2018-01-10
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
x Russ Hamm
Tony Julian
Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick
x Thom Kuhn
Ken McCaslin
x Rik Smithies
Sandy Stuart
Quorum: Chair + 4

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Approve Minutes of 2018-01-03_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Action Items
    • Paul waiting to hear back from Vocab and PA re:approval of items balloting at STU in FHIR R3
      • Will then verify with Karen that the documentation on the FHIR R3 ballot STU approvals is sufficient
    • Austin to discuss adding remaining FGB members to SGB with Grahame and Wayne on 2017-01-08 with goal to formalize in New Orleans
  • Discussion Topics
  • Parking Lot
    • Review GOM with respect to where SGB and precepts should be reflected
    • How do we deal with making sure that WGs involve those whose content domain they’re touching? (CIMI and Pharmacy and Lab models)
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
    • Levels of standards
    • Separation of concerns
    • Ownership of content
    • ISM
    • Ask methodology groups to define how the definition of substantive change applies to their product family; management groups must then operationalize

Minutes

  • Agenda review
  • Approve Minutes of 2018-01-03_SGB_Conference_Call
    • MOTION to approve: Lorraine/Calvin
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Action Items
    • Paul waiting to hear back from Vocab and PA re:approval of items balloting at STU in FHIR R3
      • Will then verify with Karen that the documentation on the FHIR R3 ballot STU approvals is sufficient
    • Austin to discuss adding remaining FGB members to SGB with Grahame and Wayne on 2017-01-08 with goal to formalize in New Orleans
      • See Discussion topics
  • Discussion Topics
    • FGB discussion
      • Austin chatted about it with Grahame. He has concerns and wants to speak with other FGB members to see if they're amenable to folding in to SGB. Explained that a new chair will be needed on SGB so it is a good time to merge. Also discussed the status of the management group members of FGB; they would lose that status with SGB. Need to schedule a conversation in New Orleans.
    • New Orleans agenda
    • Precepts We Need to Develop
  • Parking Lot
    • Review GOM with respect to where SGB and precepts should be reflected
      • Lorraine: ARB was asked to look at the GOM in respect to methodology section. Became clear that we've been fixing pieces of the GOM, but the flow is not cohesive right now. We need to look at making it make sense holistically. ARB will be looking at it as a whole in regards to flow. Austin: We need to give this feedback to John Roberts as TSC GOM expert. In this process we can make the governance board and management groups coherent.
    • How do we deal with making sure that WGs involve those whose content domain they’re touching? (CIMI and Pharmacy and Lab models)
      • We're going to have to formulate one or more precepts around this one.
        • ACTION: Add to precepts under development list
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
      • Carry forward; may change as discussion continue re: FGB
    • Drafting Shared Product Management Responsibilities
      • ACTION: Add to New Orleans agenda
    • Levels of standards
      • Remove
    • Separation of concerns
      • SGB is complete; the management concerns remain. Remove from parking lot.
    • Ownership of content
    • ISM
      • No longer a parking lot item; an action item for SGB/ARB
    • Ask methodology groups to define how the definition of substantive change applies to their product family; management groups must then operationalize
      • Move to action items
    • Reviewed list of precepts to develop:
      • Bringing large projects into HL7
        • Austin suggests a task force at TSC to determine the different pieces of the process. Calvin suggests it should originate out of the board, especially the pieces around IP. TSC should work on proposed rules or guidelines.
          • ACTION: Add to next week's SGB agenda
          • ACTION: Calvin and Austin to take to Board level.
      • SGB to produce a precept requiring that, in order to publish a specificatio, it has to be conformant to any harmonization patterns that HL7 has published:
        • Low priority/low risk item.
      • State Machine Alignment across product families:
        • Calvin: We need to muster consensus before developing the precept. Wayne could help us carry this banner through the organization. CIMI is already running into this issue.
          • ACTION: Wayne/Austin to discuss with Grahame
          • ACTION: Add "technical alignments between product families" to New Orleans SGB agenda
      • How groups are to interact with publishing, EST, Vocabulary, etc.
        • ACTION: Add to NO agenda.
        • ACTION: Promote to TSC agenda for implementing. Measures may be added to WGH to monitor.
      • Engaging the implementer community in the consideration of changes as artifacts mature:
        • Leave on the list. Low priority.
      • Engagement in large cross-organizational projects
        • This is a sub-bullet of "bringing large projects into HL7"
      • How management groups document, enforce, and manage the precepts regarding inter-WG participation in artifact creation
        • This is a TSC issue.
          • ACTION: Add to TSC parking lot
      • Management groups must establish in writing a refinement of examples that adhere to the definition of substantive change that apply to their product family. Must monitor, audit, and measure conformance to the definition of substantive change:
        • This also looks like a TSC issue.
          • ACTION: Add to TSC parking lot
      • The addition of new tools (with EST)
        • Turns into a general precept that WGs with a specific mandate are involved, such as EST, Publishing, Vocabulary, etc.
          • ACTION: Add to New Orleans agenda
      • Managing unresponsive parties in PSS approval process
        • Not an SGB item.
          • ACTION: Move to TSC parking lot. May be helped by the online PSS process.
      • Vocabulary
        • Large chunk of material early on that HTA handed over to us that we were going to review for precepts.
          • ACTION: Add to NO agenda
      • Training WGs in CDA methodology and management principles
        • ACTION: Punt to CDAMG agenda with Austin's name on it
      • Vitality Assessment
        • We need to regularly review our precepts and how we're operating. Leave on.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved