2018-01-24 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2017-MM-DD
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
x Russ Hamm
Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler
Wayne Kubick
x Thom Kuhn
Ken McCaslin
x Rik Smithies
Sandy Stuart
Quorum: Chair + 4

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Approve Minutes of 2018-01-17_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Action Items
    • Paul waiting to hear back from Vocab and PA re: approval of items balloting at STU in FHIR R3
      • Will then verify with Karen that the documentation on the FHIR R3 ballot STU approvals is sufficient
    • Calvin/Austin to take the issue of bringing large projects into HL7 to the board level
    • Ask methodology groups to define how the definition of substantive change applies to their product family; management groups must then operationalize
    • Austin will ask Public Health if they approved updates to the balloting FHIR material or if it was someone on the project team who originated it
  • Discussion Topics
  • Parking Lot
    • Review GOM with respect to where SGB and precepts should be reflected
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Ownership of content

Minutes

  • Agenda review
    • Austin notes that he will likely not be in New Orleans this weekend but may be able to come later in the week. Paul notes that he will be there despite it looking unlikely earlier. Discussion over Essentialism topic for Saturday.
  • Approve Minutes of 2018-01-17_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Action Items
    • Paul waiting to hear back from Vocab and PA re: approval of items balloting at STU in FHIR R3
      • Will then verify with Karen that the documentation on the FHIR R3 ballot STU approvals is sufficient
        • Paul will try to hunt them down at the WGM for answers.
    • Calvin/Austin to take the issue of bringing large projects into HL7 to the board level
      • Carry forward
    • Ask methodology groups to define how the definition of substantive change applies to their product family; management groups must then operationalize
      • Discuss at WGM
    • Austin will ask Public Health if they approved updates to the balloting FHIR material or if it was someone on the project team who originated it
      • Austin discussed with Public Health cochairs - the cochairs were caught off guard by the message asking people to comment on material separate from the ballot. Another message went out telling people to look at the material in ballot. Paul: It might be beneficial to clarify proper procedure on Monday night. Discussion over what to include on Monday night.
  • Discussion Topics
    • Product Family Management Groups - scope of responsibility draft from Paul (further review)
      • Add to Friday SGB agenda, as well as voting in new cochair
    • Precepts We Need to Develop
  • Parking Lot
    • Review GOM with respect to where SGB and precepts should be reflected
    • FHIR Product Director Position Description: we should 1) review further and draft feedback, then 2) map back the description to the role of FGB
    • Ownership of content - follow up on communication and rollout of precept
  • Discussion over lack of volunteers for CIMI-MG. May not be a product family after all - may just be a large product. Will be evaluating.


Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved