2016-10-26 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2016-10-26
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
x Russ Hamm
Regrets Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick
Mary Kay McDaniel
Ken McCaslin
x Rik Smithies
x Brian Pech
Quorum: Chair + 4

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Review minutes of 2016-10-05 SGB Conference Call
  • Review minutes of 2016-10-12_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Review minutes of 2016-10-19_SGB_Conference_Call
  • Action Items
    • Add wiki main page for precepts and punt question to EST about how we gather comments
    • Paul will pull together SGB precepts defined in recent meetings
    • Anne to work on adding categorized wiki pages
    • Paul to attend 10/18 ARB call to begin work on how to address ISM material issues
  • Discussion Topics
    • Review Separation of Concerns document
    • Collaboration across product families where artifacts are shared. Need to work out ownership
    • Continued work on SGB risks spreadsheet
  • Parking Lot
    • HL7 Glossary Discussion
    • Review WG Health metrics on future call in relation to precept regarding minutes and reconciliation-related materials

Minutes

  • Agenda review
  • Review minutes of 2016-10-05 SGB Conference Call
    • MOTION to approve: Austin/Lorraine
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Review minutes of 2016-10-12_SGB_Conference_Call
    • No quroum, so no vote. Group reviewed.
  • Review minutes of 2016-10-19_SGB_Conference_Call
    • No quorum, so no vote. Group reviewed.
  • Action Items
    • Add wiki main page for precepts and punt question to EST about how we gather comments
      • On hold
    • Paul will pull together SGB precepts defined in recent meetings
      • Work ongoing
    • Russ departs. No longer quorate.
    • Anne to work on adding categorized wiki pages
      • Anne displays pages. Group agrees this is a short term solution to make things visible until a better one is available. Discussion over glossary. Should we look at the glossary issue? It is in our parking lot of issues. Lorraine: our precept is that we need a consistent, visible place for definitions. Discussion over putting things that we're finished with in the document store on the website. David (HQ) is working on backing up assets. Also need to look at all the assets that people have vs. everything that needs to be handled. Need to make sure we can account for and find all of our standards development assets. Who is responsible for that? Who is responsible for management when it comes to the operations of the organization? TSC is the group; also EST. Processes are PIC. It's a distributed responsibility, currently. Should we raise as an issue to TSC? Or park it until we're done with our precepts? Decision to raise the issue to TSC.
        • ACTION: Paul to raise issue of WG management of artifacts which must be retained to TSC
    • Paul to attend 10/18 ARB call to begin work on how to address ISM material issues
      • ACTION: Anne to pull together associated documents, including Giorgio's document and send to Paul and Lorraine
  • Discussion Topics
    • Review Separation of Concerns document
      • Sent to the TSC for review but didn't get to it this week; will be on next week's agenda. Group reviews and agrees the document is appropriate. Discussion over where to put it....can put it on the wiki? Wayne notes no one will find it. TSC should likely weigh in on where to put things like this. Need an indexed navigation tool. One of the separations of concern is not clearly stated, which is work for a client vs. work on a common standard. Lorraine: There are times when people are specifically employed to come here and work on a topic. Paul notes it could go under separation of interests. Made edits to document.
    • Collaboration across product families where artifacts are shared. Need to work out ownership
      • Started a document to reflect guidance. Discussion over relationship between domain and family.
      • Add continued discussion for next week
    • Continued work on SGB risks spreadsheet
  • Parking Lot
    • HL7 Glossary Discussion
    • Review WG Health metrics on future call in relation to precept regarding minutes and reconciliation-related materials

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved