2016-11-02 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2016-11-02
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
Russ Hamm
x Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick
Mary Kay McDaniel
Ken McCaslin
x Rik Smithies
x Brian Pech
no quorum definition

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Review minutes of 2016-10-26 SGB Conference Call
    • MOTION to approve: Lorraine/Calvin
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Action Items
    • Add wiki main page for precepts and punt question to EST about how we gather comments
      • Add for next week. Paul will discuss with EST.
    • Paul will pull together SGB precepts defined in recent meetings
      • Add for next week
    • Paul to raise issue of WG management of artifacts which must be retained to TSC
      • Will be on upcoming call
    • Anne to pull together ISM-associated documents, including Giorgio's document and send to Paul and Lorraine
      • Complete
  • Discussion Topics
    • Continue discussion/document on collaboration across product families where artifacts are shared
      • Discussion over what the problem is to be solved here. CDA on FHIR, for example - there is a subject domain that is being expressed in a style which is a different domain (could be CDA, Templates, etc.) - then you've got a physical rendering in a family, which in this case is FHIR. There is the underpinning infrastructure that is FHIR-specific and the content approach which is CDA-based. Discussion over the original concern coming from Grahame. Reviewed minutes from WGM where Grahame came to discuss. Grahame mentioned a potential issue when work is done in one product family and published in another. Wayne notes that IDMP standard tied to Common Product Model is potentially another example. Paul: those committees doing domain models should take those and manifest them in each of the various families. Lorraine: That's why OO found they had to go back and capture the conceptual models. Paul: Families should support the business, not redefine the business. Calvin: Grahame noted that anything that Structured Docs does in FHIR is owned by FHIR but there is not agreement on that. He's conflated Structured Documents and product families together and they're not the same. He seems concerned there's not clarity. Paul: Do we have any roles/responsibilities dictated in the BAM? Lorraine states it does.
        • ACTION: Paul will reach out to Grahame to see if he still sees an issue of concern.
    • Continued work on SGB Risks
      • Reviewed most recent document. Next week will create glossary of columns.
  • Parking Lot
    • HL7 Glossary
    • Review WG Health metrics on future call in relation to precept regarding minutes and reconciliation-related materials

Minutes

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2016 Health Level Seven® International.