2016-10-05 SGB Conference Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/538465637

Date: 2016-10-05
Time: 10:00 AM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
Russ Hamm
x Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler
Wayne Kubick
Mary Kay McDaniel
Ken McCaslin
x Rik Smithies
x Brian Pech


no quorum definition

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Review minutes of 2016-09-18_SGB_WGM_Agenda
  • Review minutes of 2016-09-23_SGB_WGM_Agenda
  • Action Items:
    • Anne to check with Lillian on if 3 quarters is possible
    • Anne to talk with Karen regarding potential locations before brought to TSC. Essential Requirements? GOM?
    • Review WG Health metrics on future call in relation to precept regarding minutes and reconciliation-related materials
  • Discussion Topics
    • Followup from WGM topics
    • Moving forward with SAIF/other joint topics
    • Product director discussion
    • ISM material
    • HTA material

Minutes

  • Called to order at 10:03 am Eastern
  • Agenda review
  • Review minutes of 2016-09-18_SGB_WGM_Agenda
    • Made clarification correction.
    • MOTION to approve: Lorraine/Calvin
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Review minutes of 2016-09-23_SGB_WGM_Agenda
    • MOTION to approve: Austin/Calvin
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Action Items:
    • Anne to check with Lillian on if 3 quarters is possible
    • Anne to talk with Karen regarding potential locations for the definition of substantive change before brought to TSC. Essential Requirements? GOM?
      • Karen states it would have to be in both places, as ER applies to normative and GOM to everything else. Could we put in one other place and point to it? Trying to avoid having three (and even more) different places to have the definition. Discussion over embedding links in PDFs. Create an official third thing (permalink) and then have everything else link to it or point to it - ER, GOM, co-chair handbook, etc. Lorraine mentions HL7 glossary project. Paul: Who owns the glossary? Lorraine: No one does.
        • ADD to PARKING LOT: HL7 Glossary Discussion
      • Lorraine proposes that for an interim measure, we create a wiki page off the SGB wiki to start capturing these types of things and pointing to those definitions. Paul states that each definition should be on their own page. We could put a wiki category on it to search on definitions. Calvin: Should we capture feedback on it? Paul: We'd like it closed but would entertain feedback. Perhaps we put the definition as the first definition on its own wiki page. Then we create a definitions page that points to that definition and also contains a link into the online comments tool. Lorraine: Can we connect to the STU comments piece? And there are the current links we have on FHIR to a tracker mechanism. Paul: Is that an EST question?
      • Should also do the same with recently defined SGB precepts - capture in working document and then push them out to the page after we've confirmed they're viable.
        • ACTION: Add wiki main page and punt question to EST about how we gather comments.
        • ACTION: When complete send note to co-chairs with link and note that this will be added to the GOM
        • ACTION: Paul will pull together SGB precepts defined in recent meetings
        • ACTION: Anne to work on adding wiki pages
    • Review WG Health metrics on future call in relation to precept regarding minutes and reconciliation-related materials.
      • ACTION: Add to Parking Lot
  • Discussion Topics
    • Followup from WGM topics
      • Collaboration across product families where artifacts are shared. Need to work out ownership.
        • ACTION: Add to agenda for next week to finalize
    • Moving forward with SAIF/other joint topics
    • Product director discussion
      • Grahame will be coming back with definition
    • ISM (Interoperability specification matrix) material from the SAIF
      • Looked at Austin's document and ARB material and were talking about looking at it from the point of view of what risks are we trying to manage/why does a co-chair care. Giorgio gave a presentation of some standards development work in Europe and they had used the ISM grid as part of their slides to demonstrate what they were doing. Anne displays slide. Need to look at what we've gathered so far and pull out what's useful for us. ARB took a first cut at definitions around ISM and now we need to look at putting it into context. Tony: ARB can inform the discussion. Paul: SGB could come and work with ARB on this. Next ARB is the 18th. Would like to get to the point where we can socialize SGB work on it at the January meeting. Calvin: If a product that was developed was a Visio or PowerPoint version to show people how they can use it, it might be helpful. Group agrees on PowerPoint. Austin: We need to show them where it's useful and how to use it in those circumstances. It's a useful tool for product management groups. Not necessarily useful to domain groups.
      • ACTION: Paul to attend 10/18 ARB call to begin work on how to address
    • HTA material
      • Didn't meet with HTA because they were tied up with other things. We have gone through and done further review and need to coordinate.
        • ACTION: Paul will put the material in grid form and delineate risks and mediation for review next week.
  • Adjourned at 10:58 am Eastern

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved