This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20140422 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 136-494-157

Date: 2014-04-22
Time: 8:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Woody Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
x George (Woody) Beeler Lorraine Constable x Grahame Grieve David Hay
Dave Shaver x Ewout Kramer Lloyd McKenzie (FMG) Ron Parker
John Quinn
observers/guests x Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20140415 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
  • Membership: Provider candidate
  • FMG update -
    • Approve DSTU QA criteria
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    • Review WGM schedule
    • Review where the FGB is now to survey the landscape - link to Governance reference material from Ron
    • value-add mechanisms in the FHIR space as alternative to FAQ and KB members-only content
    • Metrics
    • Conformity Assessment

Minutes

Lacking a call reminder the call convened at 8:25 AM

  • Agenda Review - Woody has a draft of the precepts, suggests meeting times review and a doodle poll
  • Approve minutes of 20140415 FGB concall Ewout moves and Grahame seconds approval; unanimously approved
  • Action Item review:
    • Lynn sent a draft invite for cochairs to send to Stan
  • Membership: Provider candidate
    • Lynn will send a 'call the question' for the email vote
    • Ewout notes we have not conducted an interview and he does not know the candidate.
    • While she was on a call earlier it would be preferable to visit with her in Phoenix. Woody and Ewout will try to reach her to meet on Sunday or have breakfast before the general session Monday, meeting at 7:30 at the Reg desk.
  • FMG update - no FMG co-chair; TSC approved Hans' appointment
    • Approve DSTU QA criteria
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
    • FHIR_Precepts Wiki page for developing/discussing "FHIR is free" precept
    • See also Establishing Precepts in HL7
    • Ancient initial start by Ron of FHIR PL Governance Vectors and same content converted to Wiki as FHIR Governance Precepts
    • Woody reviews wiki page. Woody feels we should be honing down this list of precepts to near a dozen. Austin notes that you need precepts where you have your greatest risks. Resourcing model cannot dictate precepts, nor can we tell government stakeholders what to do. Some of these precepts are not unique to FHIR but could be elevated beyond FHIR.
    • Grahame notes these also incorporate operating concerns. He'd also like to see definitional statements of what FHIR is. These statements may not be governance precepts but foundational principles for FHIR. Woody recounts the V3 principles document balloted approximately 1997.
    • Ewout notes he has similar statements on a wiki page but cannot find it.
    • The set we started with are standard from SOA governance as example from Ron taken from Erl.
    • Fundamental principles of FHIR should be a separate document. Woody will re-title the FHIR Precepts page to Fundamental Principles of FHIR. He will add the need for a fundamental principles statement to the FHIR precepts.
  • Next week look at revised lists.

Adjourned 9:08AM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.