This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20140429 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 136-494-157

Date: 2014-04-29
Time: 8:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Woody Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
x George (Woody) Beeler x Lorraine Constable x Grahame Grieve regrets David Hay
x Dave Shaver Ewout Kramer x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG) Ron Parker
regrets John Quinn
observers/guests Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20140422 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • Cochairs send an invite for Stan
    • Woody and Ewout will try to reach Catherine to meet on Sunday or have breakfast before the general session Monday, meeting at 7:30 at the Reg desk.
    • Fundamental principles of FHIR should be a separate document. Woody will re-title the FHIR Precepts page to Fundamental Principles of FHIR. He will add the need for a fundamental principles statement to the FHIR precepts.
  • Membership: Provider candidate
  • FMG update -
    • Approve DSTU QA criteria
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    • Review WGM schedule
    • Review where the FGB is now to survey the landscape - link to Governance reference material from Ron
    • value-add mechanisms in the FHIR space as alternative to FAQ and KB members-only content
    • Metrics
    • Conformity Assessment



Minutes

Convened at 8:03 AM

  • Agenda Review - Lloyd adds discussion on the agenda for the F2F, Lorraine has a question on the minutes
  • Approve minutes of 20140422 FGB concall - a scheduling doodle poll was not done; add to next week's F2F agenda. We had an open email motion for nomination of the provider candidate and deferred to review at WGM.
    • Lloyd moves and Lorraine seconds a move to table the email motion; unanimously approved.
    • Lloyd moves and Lorraine seconds acceptance of the minutes; unanimously approved.
  • Action Item review:
    • Cochairs send an invite for Stan; Dave will review and let Woody know if it's good to go.
    • Woody and Ewout will try to reach Catherine to meet on Sunday or have breakfast before the general session Monday, meeting at 7:30 at the Reg desk. Woody will follow up.
    • Fundamental principles of FHIR should be a separate document. Woody will re-title the FHIR Precepts page to Fundamental Principles of FHIR. He will add the need for a fundamental principles statement to the FHIR precepts.
  • Membership: Provider candidate - as discussed with last week's minutes
  • FMG update - Lloyd reached out to Ken to meet with FGB but has not heard back. Still finalizing what needs to be reviewed by Work Groups.
    • Approve DSTU QA criteria
  • Grahame joins
  • Methodology update- no update from MnM since call had only two people.
    • Lorraine notes that they made some statements on managing and tracking versions and updates to the spec. Content editors have been notified to comply with the new approach but it has not been centrally documented. Grahame agrees and will put it on his list to document on the wiki. He's also watching it manually. Time-to-acceptance by committers will take longer.
  • Review WGM schedule - Lloyd has created the over all FHIR agenda on the wiki at FHIR_Agenda_201405_WGM.
    • Lloyd asks what FGB wants to accomplish at the F2F. He hopes we'll focus on precepts and principles on the Monday Q1. This may also be a short vitality assessment and overview with Stan and then proceed to work on precepts. Sunday lunch should be setting goals for the week.
    • Woody notes we also need to ensure we have a list of the various initiatives and ensuring we have members in touch with each endeavor. He mentions the item from the US Realm TF. There is no name assigned to that Vocab Monday Q1 for the S&I SDC PSS review and it needs representation. Lloyd has also discussed with Ted in advance.
    • OO discussing S&I SDC two quarters, Monday Q2 and Tuesday Q1 - is this necessary? Lorraine will try to rearrange. Lloyd will be there Monday Q2 to kick it off with the S&I folks and Tuesday they can review the resource proposal in detail.
    • SOA Dev days coverage is an issue (all day Tuesday, but especially Q4) and Dave is covering. They will be planning their FHIR accelerators. Woody will try to attend.
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
    • Fundamental Principles of FHIR Wiki page formerly FHIR_Precepts for developing/discussing "FHIR is free" precept; Woody will add a link to such a page for V3 as its example. Woody asks Lloyd to steward this page as he will steward the Governance precepts page.
    • See also Establishing Precepts in HL7
    • Ancient initial start by Ron of FHIR PL Governance Vectors and same content converted to Wiki as FHIR Governance Precepts - Woody will still work on cleaning this up
    • Fundamental principles are higher level points, versus Governance Precepts are more detailed.
    • Woody was asked for an executive summary on FHIR evolution by HQ. Grahame notes that it had originally been on his plate but had fallen off. He suggests the high level summary in the FHIR ballot, to condense in one page. Dave also volunteers to help. Woody will ask for review by others for general sniff test.

Woody arrives Friday; Connectathon starts Saturday morning.

Adjourned 8:56 AM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.