This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20140415 US Realm TF Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to US Realm Task Force
back to US Realm Task Force Conference Calls

US Realm Task Force Call Agenda/Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
929-752-237

Date: 2014-04-15
Time: 1 PM Eastern
Facilitator Austin Note taker(s) Lynn
Attendee Name
regrets Calvin Beebe
x Woody Beeler
Keith Boone
Joe Bormel
x Lorraine Constable
Julie Crouse
x John Feikema
Freida Hall
Ed Hammond
Tony Julian
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler,
x Lynn Laakso
x Anna Langhans
regrets Ken McCaslin
x Amanda Merrill
x John Quinn
x Mark Roche
Pat VanDyke
no quorum definition

Agenda

Administrivia

  • Agenda review
  • Review notes from 20140408_US_Realm_TF_Call
  • Action Items
    • Paul and Ken will work on Affiliate project approval process modifications for US Realm TF offline - how to use the PSS to identify realm/Affiliate review; review an updated presentation from a few years ago from Project Services on managing affiliate projects to include the US Realm Task Force role.
    • Feedback from the group of their review of the modified Affiliate Project Approval Process and how best to include the modifications into the US Realm Task Force role Project Approval Process Document With Comments For US Realm Task Force- US Realm Task Force should review the modified process document for next Tuesday's call
    • Ken - how to use the PSS to identify realm/Affiliate review; review an updated presentation from a few years ago from Project Services on managing affiliate projects to include the US Realm Task Force role.
  • Discussion items
    • Updated project scope statement for International Patient Summary template from prior discussion of International CCDA-based Template (Universal Realm). (Amanda Merrill, John Feikema)
    • C-CDA Backward Compatibility (Keith Boone)
    • Criteria for US Realm TF review before they come to the TSC
      1. any US Realm project,
      2. publication requests
      3. other project related requests

Discussion:

  • Review of any outstanding issues


Minutes

Austin convened at 1:04 PM
  • Agenda review - Austin adds a discussion on the CDA stylesheet security vulnerability.
  • Review notes from 20140408_US_Realm_TF_Call
  • Action Items
    • Paul and Ken will work on Affiliate project approval process modifications for US Realm TF offline - how to use the PSS to identify realm/Affiliate review; review an updated presentation from a few years ago from Project Services on managing affiliate projects to include the US Realm Task Force role. Paul reports they have not connected on this yet. Lorraine reports receiving an email from Ken over the weekend to review some wording so he has apparently started his review.
    • Feedback from the group of their review of the modified Affiliate Project Approval Process and how best to include the modifications into the US Realm Task Force role Project Approval Process Document With Comments For US Realm Task Force- US Realm Task Force should review the modified process document for next Tuesday's call
    • Ken - how to use the PSS to identify realm/Affiliate review; review an updated presentation from a few years ago from Project Services on managing affiliate projects to include the US Realm Task Force role. Ken is not on the call
  • Discussion items
    • Updated project scope statement for International Patient Summary template from prior discussion of International CCDA-based Template (Universal Realm). (Amanda Merrill, John Feikema)
      • Anna gives an overview of the history of discussion at the January WGM and notes that there have been changes. She describes their intent for HL7 DSTU ballot in September and after publication pursue normative ballot with HL7 and ISO ballot simultaneously.
      • John notes that Thursday is an ISO US TAG meeting and have they got a representative there? Anna notes they have discussed with Lisa but have not addressed attendance at that meeting. John will forward the meeting coordinates to Feik and Anna. Austin points out that JohnQ is the HL7 liaison to JIC so it must be coordinated with him.
      • Lorraine asks about the minimum data sets and coordination with existing HL7 information models. The harmonization has been intended as the overlap in the data set between CCDA and ePSOS. She points out that HL7 V3 Patient Care: Care Plan has a RIM-based data model and the standard is used in Europe. Austin suggests they clearly state what is out of scope in the PSS as well as in the notice of intent to ballot (and a preface note to balloters, adds Woody) including consideration of models outside of the CCD, or they will end up reconciling large numbers of comments citing lack of alignment with the Patient Care standard. Mark adds that they would still like to consider the potential of adding other data elements but not necessarily include them in the ballot. He is advised to leave the wiggle room in the PSS but then be explicit in the balloted document.
      • Anna adds concern about the UV Realm. If they limit it to US Realm it would not be eligible for JIC. Discussion ensued and it is not recommended. While the US Realm TF is reviewing the project it is just to keep us aware.
      • Specificity of scope in NIB can be left broad in the declared scope but can be limited in the actual ballot. The actual implementation guide does not have to be completed at the time of the NIB (June 29). They do need to have a really good idea of what will go into it. The content deadline is a couple weeks before August 3rd (final content deadline).
      • CCDA base makes it a good recommendation to have primary sponsorship in Structured Documents. Other WG roles as co-sponsor versus interested parties discussed. As the other WGs are approached, clarification of their participation should be obtained.
      • Mark is interested in further do's and don'ts and please let him know if there are other advisories.
      • Austin discusses the timeline with getting through a JIC ballot is quite aggressive. Also, there is little historical precedent for getting through HL7 as well as ISO in one ballot. A joint HL7-ISO ballot is another option instead of JIC. Considerations of the 2015May WGM being in France and ballot participants from ONC not allowed to travel. Anna states they are already socializing the project to mitigate risks for passing in one cycle. Accepting comments coming in from the DSTU ballot can often forestall normative ballot comments notes Austin.
    • Anna revisits the SDC (Structured Data Capture) that was discussed and they are getting materials together to potentially discuss for next week. Austin cautions that the PSS deadline one week after the WGM is coming quickly.
    • C-CDA Backward Compatibility (Keith Boone) Keith is not on the call. Austin reports that the discussion in SDWG did not come to a conclusion but remains an ongoing concern. Feik notes that they intend to discuss further at the WGM. Mark notes they may be addressing a cheat sheet on templateIDs and how to address compatibility.
  • CDA stylesheet security vulnerability.
    • Vulnerabilities addressed in a blog posting a couple weeks ago allows scripting to be executed in a browser from a stylesheet in CDA document that could be malicious. They are working on a patch, a new version of the stylesheet that addresses the vulnerability. An announcement is anticipated on Wednesday in an eNews.
  • Feik asks if there has been discussion on ballot reconciliation standardizing? There is a great deal of variability in reconciliation from WG to WG. Some S&I meetings work on reconciliation with some HL7 WG members in attendance. Others are done in an official WG meeting. He might need to check each WG's DMP but they may not always be following it. Aspects of the DMP discussed.

Adjourned 2:00 PM

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved