This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20140422 US Realm TF Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to US Realm Task Force
back to US Realm Task Force Conference Calls

US Realm Task Force Call Agenda/Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
929-752-237

Date: 2014-04-22
Time: 1 PM Eastern
Facilitator Ed/Ken Note taker(s) Lynn
Attendee Name
regrets Calvin Beebe
x Woody Beeler
Keith Boone
Joe Bormel
x Farrah Darbouze
x John Feikema
x Doug Fridsma
x Ed Hammond
x Amy Goring
x Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler,
x Lynn Laakso
x Anna Langhans
x Ken McCaslin
Amanda Nash
x John Quinn
x Mark Roche
Vijay Shah
x David Susanto
Pat VanDyke
no quorum definition

Agenda

Administrivia

  • Agenda review
  • Review notes from 20140415_US_Realm_TF_Call
  • Action Items
    • Paul and Ken will work on Affiliate project approval process modifications for US Realm TF offline - how to use the PSS to identify realm/Affiliate review; review an updated presentation from a few years ago from Project Services on managing affiliate projects to include the US Realm Task Force role.
    • Feedback from the group of their review of the modified Affiliate Project Approval Process and how best to include the modifications into the US Realm Task Force role Project Approval Process Document With Comments For US Realm Task Force- US Realm Task Force should review the modified process document for next Tuesday's call
    • Ken - how to use the PSS to identify realm/Affiliate review; review an updated presentation from a few years ago from Project Services on managing affiliate projects to include the US Realm Task Force role.
  • Discussion items
    • SDC PSS
    • Data Provenance PSS
    • Criteria for US Realm TF review before they come to the TSC
      1. any US Realm project,
      2. publication requests
      3. other project related requests

Minutes

Ken calls to order 1:04 PM

  • Agenda review; Mark asks about international patient summary template considerations for normative release preparation.
  • Review notes from 20140415_US_Realm_TF_Call no comments
  • Cancelling next week's meeting; postpone Data Provenance to the WGM.
  • Action Items
    • Paul and Ken will work on Affiliate project approval process modifications for US Realm TF offline - how to use the PSS to identify realm/Affiliate review; review an updated presentation from a few years ago from Project Services on managing affiliate projects to include the US Realm Task Force role. Will have to address at the WGM
      • Feedback from the group of their review of the modified Affiliate Project Approval Process and how best to include the modifications into the US Realm Task Force role Project Approval Process Document With Comments For US Realm Task Force- US Realm Task Force should review the modified process document for next Tuesday's call
      • Ken - how to use the PSS to identify realm/Affiliate review; review an updated presentation from a few years ago from Project Services on managing affiliate projects to include the US Realm Task Force role.
  • Discussion items
    • SDC PSS
      • Structured Data Capture - Doug notes that there were changes addressed yesterday that were not incorporated into this version. Scope regarding inclusion of granular data elements in the spec versus a FHIR extension still under review. If there are comments prior to the WGM send them to Evelyn Gallego (email in the PSS). Austin notes that the FMG does not sponsor projects. PC, OO, SDWG would be likely candidates.
      • Paul asks about SDC as a process rather than a standard? It's one of those fundamental things for representation of highly granular data in different forms and different use cases. Common data elements (CDE), containers, access, display, population and saving such CDE. Work is based on ISO 11179 for CDE.
      • Ed notes this should move forward as other areas need to use this such as picori institute among 89 different organizations working on CDE. Doug notes that PCOR has funding to move this forward. Blood Pressure is one example. Woody notes that this has similarities to DCMs and may be at a different level of granularity from which HL7 can well serve ONC's needs. Paul notes this may be more of a methodological issue. Perhaps MnM might be involved.
      • Ed adds this is related to DCM as well as CIMI and we have an opportunity to bring these things together. Paul notes the solution should serve healthcare as well as financial areas, as a framework into which a number of CDEs can be mapped.
      • Doug agrees they need another round of revisions and circulate that for the WGM review. Separating semantics from the syntax will be important. They want to define the building blocks of constructing documents, information models, etc. Where an information model ends and where a vocabulary value set begins is an important distinction.
      • Paul asks which sessions they plan to attend to socialize this? Doug wants to define the smallest information models and what they are composed of and will review with Woody where they should attend. Ed notes this needs to be done as a cooperative effort among several groups and not only within HL7. Doug describes the need for strategic engagement with HL7 on this effort. John suggests the TSC review for ongoing awareness and coordination.
      • Woody asks who else they can discuss this with that is familiar with the project.
      • More discussion needed and Ed will cover next week's call. Lynn will put the updated PSS on next week's agenda.
    • Data Provenance PSS - defer to next week
    • Criteria for US Realm TF review before they come to the TSC - Ken expects the document he's working on with Paul will cover this - postpone to WGM
    • International patient summary template considerations for normative release preparation
      • Mark notes as they work towards DSTU for international templates, and what are the explicit requirements to go from DSTU to normative? What documentation on test use cases, scripts, etc is required? Ken recommends they take the pilot implementation experiences and describe what changes were made based on those experiences. Austin adds that they need to process all the DSTU comments as well which may result in changes to the material. You also need to send a PSS to the TSC to notify them that you are going normative, which allows HQ to notify ANSI that a normative project is balloting. Austin encourages Mark to funnel comments in the DSTU into the HL7 DSTU comment process. Austin also notes that there are ways to update the DSTU during the test process either balloted or other DSTU update process. Ken notes that there is a workflow document for DSTU to normative and Lynn will obtain from Dave Hamill and send to Mark .
  • We will meet next week after all.



Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved