This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20140408 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 334-756-981

Date: 2014-04-08
Time: 8:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Dave Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes
Chairs/CTO Members Members
x Dave Shaver x Ron Parker x Ewout Kramer
x George (Woody) Beeler x Lorraine Constable x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG co-chair)
x John Quinn Grahame Grieve David Hay (FMG co-chair)
observers/guests x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x Catherine Hoang
Austin Kreisler

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20140401 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • invite Board chair Stan to one of the FGB calls and Ken McCaslin also for overview
  • FMG update -
    • Approve DSTU QA criteria
      • For reference purposes, Dave Hamill left the link to the version that was reviewed at the 2014-04-01 FGB Call DSTU QA criteria
  • Methodology update-
  • Next steps
    • Review where the FGB is now to survey the landscape - link to Governance reference material from Ron
    • FHIR_Precepts Wiki page for developing/discussing "FHIR is free" precept
    • value-add mechanisms in the FHIR space as alternative to FAQ and KB members-only content

Minutes

Convened at 8:06 AM;

  • Agenda Review - suggested review WGM schedule, DSTU publication process; Lloyd moves approval seconded by John and unanimously approved
  • Approve minutes of 20140401 FGB concall - Catherine offers correction for her last name. Lorraine moves and John seconds
  • Action Item review:
    • invite Board chair Stan to one of the FGB calls and Ken McCaslin also for overview and review vitality assessment - John suggests inviting Stan to a meeting in Phoenix. John suggests Monday morning FGB meeting Q1, with plenty of notice. Lorraine notes that Monday morning would be a challenge for Ken in OO with Lorraine on FGB and Patrick and Hans teaching. The co-chairs will invite Stan and Ken to the Monday Q1 in Phoenix.
  • FMG update -
    • Approve DSTU QA criteria
      • For reference purposes, Dave Hamill left the link to the version that was reviewed at the 2014-04-01 FGB Call DSTU QA criteria
      • Lloyd shows the most recent version and discussion ensued. ACTION ITEM: Lloyd will distribute the updated version and please identify any further issues before next week's call.
  • DSTU (update) publication process
    • John notes that he is under pressure to get some policy statements for the DSTU and the security issues recently revealed especially with respect to CDA. Lloyd reports they have a transform for rendering FHIR documents that they will address in a DSTU update. This is actually a higher vulnerability than CDA due to the published reference implementations. CDA only publishes one transform with executable code. John seeks a statement of principle and a statement of process with respect to DSTU. Lorraine reports that Grahame and John Moehrke have been working on a statement to accompany the standard as guidance to implementers as well as updates to the vulnerabilities identified by Josh to be included in a DSTU revision. The FGB policy on DSTU publication processes is next.
    • The TSC has a process for DSTU update, and voted yesterday morning to roll back the DSTU release to the approved version and follow the DSTU update process as documented.
    • Lorraine notes the process includes a PSS for the update; Lloyd notes it is the existing PSS related to the DSTU. Also, there is not the formal record of the documentation of the process for the peer review and lack of a motion from FMG to approve the publication. Naming conventions are also specified in the TSC guidance. Lloyd notes that this action makes a statement that we care more about the letter of the law than the impact on the community.
    • Lorraine notes that an appeal to the TSC might be in order.
    • Ron notes that the TSC is showing concern over the pace of things happening and lacking the appearance of following process that shows due diligence. Woody asserts that the due diligence was done just not following the process. Lloyd asserts that breaking the fixes already made would jeopardize confidence from the community.
    • Lorraine suggests Lynn email the motion from TSC to FMG for discussion and allowing FMG members to discuss with the proponents of the TSC motion for the potential appeal. Lloyd notes that they are willing to be admonished and promises extracted not to do it again but pleads not to disrupt the implementers. Lynn will send Woody Paul's phone number to review from the FTSD perspective. Ron agrees the energy required to roll back and then re-implement in a two weeks is better spent elsewhere. Lloyd notes that it was his lack of communication to Grahame about the additional steps required beyond FMG approval to publish the DSTU update.
    • Ron moves FGB recommend that FMG defer the rollback for further conversation with TSC regarding the impact of the action and ask they reconsider. Ewout seconds. Approved 5/0/1 with Lloyd abstaining.
    • FMG has asked Hans Buitendijk to assume Lorraine's position and has not yet met to affirm this nomination but the FGB is welcome to pass the name on to TSC for ratification.
  • Methodology update- no update

Being at time, the remainder of the agenda is deferred.

Adjourned 9:20 AM


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.