20140401 FGB concall
|HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes
Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
Time: 8:00 AM U.S. Eastern
|Facilitator: John Quinn||Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso|
|Quorum = Chair plus 2||yes|
|X||Ron Parker||regrets||George (Woody) Beeler||Ewout Kramer|
|X||John Quinn||X||Lorraine Constable||X||Lloyd McKenzie (FMG co-chair)|
|X||Grahame Grieve||X||Dave Shaver|
|observers/guests||X||Dave Hamill (HQ)||X||Catherine Hoang|
|regrets||Lynn Laakso, scribe||X||Austin Kreisler|
- Roll call
- Agenda Review
- Approve minutes of 20140325 FGB concall
- Action Item review:
- FGB new provider candidate (C.Hoang) interview status
- New FGB co-chairs
- FMG update -
- Draft DSTU QA criteria
- Methodology update-
- Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
- Review where the FGB is now to survey the landscape
- FHIR_Precepts Wiki page for developing/discussing "FHIR is free" precept
- value-add mechanisms in the FHIR space as alternative to FAQ and KB members-only content
Convened at 08:05 EDT
FGB New Provider Candidate Interview
- Lynn was tracking; no update sent to the group from Lynn.
- Catherine joined the call; Ron gave a review of the FGB roles/responsibilities.
New FGB CoChairs
- Woody and Dave Shaver expressed interest as co-chairs
- The group felt the call for candidates has been open for a long enough duration.
- Motion by McKenzie to appoint Woody Beeler and Dave Shaver as FGB co-chairs. Quinn Seconded. Motion carried unanimously.
- The FMG have reached out to Austin to recruit him as a member.
- Austin's schedule going forward won't permit him to be able to participate on the FMG
- Lloyd and Lorraine will review the candidates that have expressed interest in either FMG or FGB and will provide a status update next week.
Draft DSTU QA Criteria
- Lloyd presented the document to the group
- FMG is still reviewing the criteria.
- The FGB team's formal review/approval will be after FMG to complete their review before doing the official FGB review. However, it was encouraged that the FGB review the document and provide input to the FMG.
- The FGB can plan on approving this document at the next call.
Review where the FGB is now to survey the landscape
- Ron's comments:
- Precepts were not moving very rapidly and the FGB was trying to get these moved along
- Recommends a 'governance facilitator'
- Hopes that the FGB develops a sense of the community; think about vendor's perspectives on the product; what they need to see
- Perhaps each FGB participant takes ownership of their area's perspective; contact their peers and get their peer's ideas on FHIR
- Vitality assessment - need to formalize this. Vitality Assessment is: If the context of the business/technology changes, then this triggers an analysis of whether FHIR needs to change.
- For example, ONC is interested, where is the tipping point of going from trial interest to mainstream interest?
- The new FGB co-chairs is a business change that should
- FGB, as a whole, should reach out to Stan Huff as the new Board Chair to bring him up to speed. Perhaps invite Stan o one of the FGB calls; make sure he's on an upcoming agenda. Perhaps have Ken McCaslin on the same call that Stan attends
FHIR_Precepts Wiki page for developing/discussing "FHIR is free" precept
- So far 4 precepts have been identified at http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=FHIR_Precepts
- FHIR prioritizes implementation
- FHIR is free
- FHIR tries to keep the common things simple
- FHIR leverages off-the-shelf technologies
Value-add mechanisms in the FHIR space as alternative to FAQ and KB members-only content
- Some content is okay to be members-only; some should be both member/non-member
- Are the connectathons a value add for members? Lloyd said yes, they are. The cost has been increased so that non-members pay a much higher amount than members.
Adjourned at 09:02 EDT
|Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)|
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|
Back to FHIR_Governance_Board
© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.