This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20140311 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 334-756-981

Date: 2014-03-11
Time: 8:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ron Parker Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Ron Parker x George (Woody) Beeler x Ewout Kramer
x John Quinn Grahame Grieve regrets Lloyd McKenzie
observers/guests x Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x Rick Haddorff

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20140304 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • FGB new candidate review
      • Confirm Grahame OK with staggering his term
      • New FGB co-chairs
      • Ron will develop a template email to distribute to each and schedule for early next week about 30 minutes each.
      • FGB recommend to TSC reaffirmation of Lloyd and Lorraine for FMG
      • FHIR position statement - John will bring to CTeam one week from Wednesday. Lynn will add to FMG agenda for review
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
    • SAIF AP wrap-up: review FHIR use of SAIF governance precepts (15 mins, Rick Haddorff)
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.

Minutes

Convened at 8:08 AM

  • Agenda Review - Rick will move first; update on interviews. Ewout moves and Woody seconds approval. Unanimously approved.
  • SAIF AP wrap-up: review FHIR use of SAIF governance precepts (15 mins, Rick Haddorff)
    • Recap for presentation to TSC and ARB at 2014May WGM on lessons learned etc.
    • Interviewed Lloyd with MnM and received their perspective
    • Ron notes that the Business Architecture Framework has also discussed the role of precepts at an organizational level and the division of governance and management - in that review ARB has acted as methodologists at the high level of business architecture.
    • validation of the establishment of governance precepts and measurement of progress against precepts has been the goal but little progress has been made. GOM already does a great deal of the work in establishing the precepts, along with ballot processes etc.
    • Product line/product family precept development was using FHIR as the first pilot. FHIR is found to be unusual to have a governance group where not all product families would need one but perhaps might just have a broader governance board to manage families of a broader paradigm. ARB frames concepts of governance and management and their fit to the business model but they won't "run" it.
    • Austin asserts they have made methodology and management work for FHIR but governance is not as well developed. Ron adds that FHIR's bottom-up development history has made the perspective more difficult to establish. Now that it's in DSTU the governance focus will be more easily distinguished from management. Austin notes that the management group has been operationalizing precepts that have not been formalized. Ron notes there are precepts that have not been explicitly documented as they have surfaced.
    • Ron notes there are other aspects of the SAIF AP that have not been operationalized such as the concept of conformity in the organization.
    • Austin and Rick will address the TSC agenda in May - they can be available on Saturday
  • Approve minutes of 20140304 FGB concall; Ewout moves and Woody seconds approval: Unanimously approved.
  • Action Item review:
    • FGB new candidate review
      • Confirm Grahame OK with staggering his term (Grahame has not joined yet)
      • New FGB co-chairs - Ron discussed with Lorraine about the ARB role. Composition could include a large ehealth perspective that would allow Ron to continue. At-large representation addressed and multiple vendor perspectives related from last week's TSC leadership discussion by Lynn and membership composition more as guidelines than strictly declared allowing for at-large membership. Vendor perspectives and differing levels of interest with those vendors that are not interested in seeing FHIR succeed mitigates preponderance of interest in the vendor space, notes John.
      • Woody moves we appoint Lorraine as an at-large member. John seconds. Unanimously approved. Wait to bring recommendation to TSC with the other member appointments.
      • Ron will develop a template email to distribute to each and schedule for early next week about 30 minutes each. Only JD Nolen and Gil have responded. No CV received from Gil.
      • FGB recommend to TSC reaffirmation of Lloyd and Lorraine for FMG; Ron attended last week's meeting
      • FHIR position statement - John will bring to CTeam one week from Wednesday. Lynn will add to FMG agenda for review; did not get to the FMG agenda. John will take it to the CTeam the following week.
  • FMG update - bottom-up precepts developed by Paul/Lorraine/Brian - let's add to next week's "Next steps"

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.