This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20140318 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 334-756-981

Date: 2014-03-18
Time: 8:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: John Quinn Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Chair/CTO Members Members
regrets Ron Parker x George (Woody) Beeler x Ewout Kramer
x John Quinn Grahame Grieve x Lloyd McKenzie
observers/guests x Lorraine Constable
x Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20140311 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • FGB new candidate review and interview wrapup
      • Confirm Grahame OK with staggering his term
      • New FGB co-chairs
    • FHIR position statement - John will bring to CTeam one week from Wednesday. Lynn will add to FMG agenda for review
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.


Minutes

Convened at 8:06 AM With discussion of Ewout's presentation to ONC last Friday

  • Agenda Review - Lloyd asks for a discussion on HL7 FAQ and KB articles restrictions to members-only; approved by general consent
  • Approve minutes of 20140311 FGB concall Ewout moves and Lloyd seconds; unanimously approved.
  • Action Item review:
    • FGB new candidate review and interview wrapup
      • Confirm Grahame OK with staggering his term - OK
      • John talked to Wes who plans to come back to HL7 after retiring from Gartner later this spring but would like to take some time to reacquaint before stepping into a role.
      • Not scheduling interviews with well-known candidates; no response from provider candidate Catherine. Discussion ensued with Dave as the preferred candidate for governance role. Lloyd moves appointing Dave Shaver as vendor representative; Ewout seconds. Unanimously approved.
      • JD and Gil both physicians; Lorraine recounts JD more involved as Cerner but better handle on application of processes which might be helpful in FMG. Gil demonstrated understanding of external relationships aspect of governance. Lloyd recounts Gil's early efforts in FHIR and also the need for large enterprise perspective.
      • Catherine's role is needed; reach out to her once more as she indicated last week was busy and she'd get back to us this week. Lynn will reach out to her.
      • Bring FGB recommendations to TSC on Monday 3/24. Lorraine would also need to tender resignation for FMG. She will not be on the TSC call on Monday.
      • New FGB co-chairs - wait until the new members are appointed to fill the cochairs. Woody is the only co-chair candidate so far.
    • FHIR position statement - John will bring to CTeam one week from Wednesday. Lynn will add to FMG agenda for review. John did not get to bring that to the CTeam discussion but will do so for tomorrow. FMG wording tweaks are still pending.
  • FMG update - Lloyd was not on last week's call.
  • HL7 FAQ and KB articles restrictions to members-only; 55 FAQs and 25 KB articles funded by HL7. Lloyd and Grahame have identified content that should also be in the spec and other content available to non-members and would like to explore replicating that information outside the help desk. Ongoing maintenance RFP may be done also. Austin notes that the contractor that did the CDA work has set up a private repository as well in competition with HL7's and has set a precedent. Lloyd would rather not do something like that. It might be important to set a precept on the education content. Ewout notes that knowledge is hard to restrict. The questions can also be answered in a public space. The presentations have been restricted to members-only. Lloyd is on the content development team and has an inherent conflict in the issue but would like to ensure content in the public space is correct. What value-add mechanisms make more sense in the FHIR space? Austin notes that there's not much representation now on the membership committee for FHIR until Dave is formally appointed. Providing an alternative membership value-add is an activity the FGB might undertake, notes Lloyd and suggests the FGB discuss further next week.

Being at time the meeting adjourned at 9:02 AM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.