This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20140204 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 334-756-981

Date: 2014-02-04
Time: 8:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ron Parker Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Ron Parker x George (Woody) Beeler x Ewout Kramer
regrets John Quinn Grahame Grieve
observers/guests Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20140124_FMG_WGM, 20140120_FGB_WGM, 20140119_FGB_FMG_WGM
  • Action Item review:
  • M&C approved by TSC: next steps
    • Naming co-chairs - Ron has named a suggestion for a chair; these need to be supported by TSC.
    • Review provider list and identify candidates.
  • Metrics discussion (time allowing)
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-

Minutes

Convened at 11:03 AM

  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes (all passed)
  • Action Item review:
  • M&C approved by TSC: next steps
    • Ewout approached Dave Shaver and confirmed he is willing to serve and sent word to John Q and Ken M.
    • Call for candidates document reviewed; Lynn will send out to the cochairs list. Get responses by Feb 14, review by John who will also be going to HIMSS so hope the recommendations go to TSC by first meeting in March. Certainly needs to be before the next WGM; Ron will keep serving as chair in the interim.
    • Naming co-chairs - Ron has named a suggestion for a chair; these need to be supported by TSC. Address this once the new members are seated. Woody also interested in cochair. Ron's concern is to continue to work with FMG on the progress of the DSTU, transparency in process, etc.
    • Review provider list and identify candidates if none are submitted
  • FMG update - DSTU published! Separation of DSTU version from development work well described.
    • Ron asks about Grahame's interactions with ONC. Ewout reports during the San Antonio meetings they discussed further with them. Three candidate pilot projects reviewed, and SDC was the pilot they were interested in using FHIR. He has another meeting with them tomorrow with the Accenture contractors to ONC. Ron asks if this is a core team activity or FMG? The core team members need this to be paid work so it's not FMG. Ron's concern is that with a government agency discussion of an agreement with HL7 the FGB should be involved. If this will become part of the FHIR Product catalog, we need a project scope statement so development can be reintegrated into the standard. For contract work they don't need an HL7 PSS but if and when they bring content back into HL7 it needs a project. If the members of the core team are contracted, it is not as the "core team" but as individual contractors. Their contributions are no longer the benevolent dictators but just as developers and consultants. Ron further adds that methodology on "well-formedness" will need to be addressed.
    • Ewout noted some FGB points from WGM Friday Q1: Where is FHIR on the website? The rotating banner has not been developed yet but a product brief exists. It is not yet linked from the DSTU site. Ron mentioned that we need an "official position" on HL7's strategic placement of FHIR in the product lineup. Ewout had drafted something over a year ago, and the product brief really only contains the content from HIMSS. Ron suggests he and Woody could review such a position statement on next week's call even if we don't have quorum. This would be a good start for the banner content.
  • Ewout suggests that profiles are the next big thing. Profile tooling is on the way but people need to be able to share profiles. Repository features on an HL7 server will become very important as well as identification of "core profiles". Ron suggests adding to FMG agenda looking for reps on the FGB calls, and guidance on addressing use of profiles and expecting participants appointed to work with the ES project # 1058. Lynn will add the FMG cochairs to the FGB list so they get meeting updates.

Adjourned 12:02 PM running into next call.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.