This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

20140114 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 334-756-981

Date: 2014-01-14
Time: 8:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ron Parker Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Chair/CTO Members Members
x Ron Parker x George (Woody) Beeler x Ewout Kramer
x John Quinn Grahame Grieve
observers/guests x Austin Kreisler
x Lynn Laakso, scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20140107 FGB concall, 20131217 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • Grahame will address with Electronic Services on FHIR information on the HL7 website. e.g. banner scrolling at the top.
    • Ewout is asked to re-send the HIMSS overview text and the assertions that HL7 wants to make about FHIR with respect to other assets and use it on the page.
    • Ron will schedule Woody, Grahame, Ron, and Austin/John to be on a call to evaluate policy assertions with conformity to ISO Datatypes;
    • Ron develop precepts from the risks (conformity assessments, appeal processes, composition of FMG);
    • Align RACI chart for the FMG/FGB relationship with FGB M&C with it and do some mapping.
    • Define metrics for FMG representative reporting to FGB -
    • Ron will reach out to Ken to invite him to an upcoming call to discuss the OMG interest
    • John will ask Chuck about reaching out to Halamka to coordinate the FHIR message and ask him to nominate someone to represent his viewpoint in this exercise, and give an update next week.
    • poll FGB members and FMG for perception for providers - one proposal was received
  • M&C Update approval
  • Review provider list and identify candidates.
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Next steps:

Minutes

Convened at 8:04 AM

  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20131217 FGB concall moved for approval by Ewout seconded by Woody and unanimously approved.
  • Action Item review: all have been subordinated by the attention to getting the DSTU ballot passed - address at San Antonio
    • Grahame will address with Electronic Services on FHIR information on the HL7 website. e.g. banner scrolling at the top.
    • Ewout is asked to re-send the HIMSS overview text and the assertions that HL7 wants to make about FHIR with respect to other assets and use it on the page.
    • Ron will schedule Woody, Grahame, Ron, and Austin/John to be on a call to evaluate policy assertions with conformity to ISO Datatypes;
    • Ron develop precepts from the risks (conformity assessments, appeal processes, composition of FMG);
    • Align RACI chart for the FMG/FGB relationship with FGB M&C with it and do some mapping.
    • Define metrics for FMG representative reporting to FGB -
    • Ron will reach out to Ken to invite him to an upcoming call to discuss the OMG interest
    • John will ask Chuck about reaching out to Halamka to coordinate the FHIR message and ask him to nominate someone to represent his viewpoint in this exercise, and give an update next week.
    • poll FGB members and FMG for perception for providers - one proposal was received
  • M&C Update approval
    • Ron needs to step aside from chairing FGB and offers considerations for the time commitment of the FGB chair. Ewout offers a suggestion that his action items could be delegated and he could chair the meetings. Ron adds that the outreach to other organizations etc as a role of the chair would still be lacking. John describes the message he created from yesterday's TSC call. Ron notes that Grahame was to start a conversation with ONC on setting expectations and we need to restart that effort. Grahame and David Hay will not be at the WGM. Ewout notes he has been involved with ONC also with SDC using FHIR and will be meeting with them next week at the WGM. We can still address this next week.
    • If he remains on FGB he may serve as ArB expertise.
    • Other updates made. Ron would like to incorporate reference to the date that the Board first approved the incorporation of FHIR into the body of work (2012Apr). Vancouver was the first meeting to discuss formation of FGB (2012May). We should start the staggering at the May WGM.
    • Woody moves and Ewout seconds approval of the M&C with updates. Unanimously approved. Lynn will forward this to the TSC, FGB and FMG for Sunday night's discussion on the TSC.
    • Need to bring suggestions as well; if we cannot get this on the Saturday agenda they won't be named for the first FGB meeting on Sunday lunch before the TSC meets again on Sunday night.
  • FMG update - ballot has passed and connectathon preparation is in full gear.
    • DSTU material to be provided by FHIR core team as expected from Publishing, not to be changed except by formal action and a defined process. FGB needs to set precepts for following the process - add to San Antonio agenda with reference to TSC process for DSTU updates. Ron will not be available on Friday.
  • Review provider list and identify candidates. Ewout had sent candidates but would like to see other suggestions. John will mention on the CTeam call to encourage connectathon participants and others showing strong interest in FHIR to become members. Discussion ensued on characterization of provider community members. Woody suggests we get a list of the last and current connectathon participants.
  • Next steps: Managing expectations for those expecting FHIR to be polished and ready to implement. Ewout will be doing outreach to the developer community to provide education and support.

Adjourned 9:07 AM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.