2014-09-18 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Patient Administration Work Group Minutes - Thursday September 18, 2014

Thursday Q1

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Guest Room 1704

Date: 2014-09-18
Time: Thursday Q1
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Brian Postlethwaite HealthConnex, Australia
X Alexander de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X << update attendee list >>
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): No/Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. <<update agenda topics>>

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Introductions
Joint with PHER Harmonization of Person/Patient DMIM (Model and CMETs) Joginder reviewed the project with Alexander Henket. Harmoniztatin of Person and Patient CMETs/Models. Not much action but working moving forward. The only action today is to change the due date. The scope of work should continue to include:

  • E_PublicHealthPlace universal (COCT_RM841300UV09)
  • E_PublicHealthPerson universal (COCT_RM840200UV09
  • E_PublicHealthOrganization universal (COCT_RM841400UV09)
  • E_PublicHealthNonPersonLivingSubject universal (COCT_RM840100UV09)
  • A_SpatialCoordinate universal (COCT_RM960000UV05)


The PHER co-chair noted that for next WGM, we should retain the same timeframe for joint sessions. In the new room booking system we should invite PHER
Action: Change date to project insight (project insight# 1100) from sept 2014 to January 2015. Owner: Line Due: Today.
Action: Update to include PHER as cosponsors to this project. And assure that the PSS is in project insight. Owner: Alex. Due: 9/26/2014
OASIS/TEP
Jogn Roberts reviewed the intention of the TEP specifications provided by the OASIS group. The intention is to harmonize the TEP specification which documents and captures data for patients found in emergency situations before they get admitted or come into the domain in which HL7 works.
So PHER is here to try to get some direction on where the standards join.
The representatives noted that the TEP specifications currently are focused on a few scenarios:

  1. Patient leaves hospital with no known destination
  2. The patient is treated in an emergency/trauma situation in the field and the choice is made to send them to the hospital.

The current thought is for use of ADT A03 for discharge from the hospital with an ADT14 as the “Pending admission” to the receiving facility. The same A14 would be used for the second scenario above. The only missing element that the A14 does not cover is for medications administered in route. The thought is that this would most likely have to come from a separate (pharmacy) message.
This seemed reasonable, but in discussion, Irma noted that the Referral message, custodian by Patient Care, might have an alternative REF/RRI from chapter 11 in the v2 specification. However, this would not help with the medications in route need.
PHER then asked about value sets and URIs that might be sent across to assure the definition of any value sets involved in the message.
For incident, the ACC (accident) segment was suggested. For provider needs in the TEP message, which is about organization, Irma suggested the use of PV2-13, Clinical Organization.
Transport, attending

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • <<Consolidate action items>>
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Thursday Q2

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Guest Room 1704

Date: 2014-09-18
Time: Thursday Q2
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Brian Postlethwaite HealthConnex, Australia
X Alexander de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X <<update attendee list>> Kaiser Permanente
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. << update agenda topics >>

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Joint with Financial Management
Introductions
FHIR and financial management. C-CDA payor section needing revision.
Emma Jones from Allscripts explained that in their use of C-CDE, there is a payor section that they came up with when trying to implement. They also asked these at the structured documents wg who suggested that they speak to the SMEs for direction. This is why they are here approaching Financial Management.
The Consolidated CDA specification was shown
<< CDAR2_IG_IHE_CONSOL_DSTU_R1dot1_2012JUL.PDF >> Questions from Allscripts:
ConverageActivity – what is this supposed to be?
The WG continued to talk about the FHIR resources for financial management that might affect or be of interest to PA. Currently, they use Organization, Patient,
<< add reference to FM presentation here >>
New resources not FM –

  • Referral
  • VisionPrescription

New resources out of FM:

  • Coverage – The insurance being employed to receive reimbursement
  • discplinePFR – The services being claimed and supporting information
  • Remittance – The adjudicated response to the claim-Predetermination-PreAuthorization
  • Claim, invoice, receipt

The WG continued to review the presentation to understand the new resources being used.
The WG needed to break for lunch, therefore decided to continue in the next quarter. Although it was clear that we will continue to reserve this same quarter for next WGM at the same time.
Action: Reserve next meeting within the same timeframe joint with FM. Owner: Line

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • <<consolidate action items>>
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Thursday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Guest Room 1704

Date: 2014-09-18
Time: Thursday Q3
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele HL7 Netherlands
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel NICTIZ
X Alexander de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
X Brian Postlethwaite HealthConnex, Australia
X << update attendee list >>
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. <<update agenda topics>>

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Introductions.
The WG continued with the Financial Management resources being developed.
The WGs continued discussing the elements for the FinancialReponse spreadsheet which shows the proposed elements of this resource.
At this point, the WG entertained a V2 consideration brought forth by Jane Daus. She has entered a proposal in the proposal database having to do with a request for a master file message to synchronize the chart of accounts.
After looking at some of the elements and the reuse of data, it seems that the resources can be consolidated into a smaller set to meet the business activity needs.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • <<consolidate action items>>
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Thursday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Guest Room 1704

Date: 2014-09-18
Time: Thursday Q4
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Brian Postlethwaite DCA
X <<update attendee list>>
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Wrap up
  • Approve next ballot
  • Update work plan

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Ballot work
The WG now considered the Ballot work for next cycle. IN considering the work ahead it was suggested that we not include the EpisodeOfCare into the next ballot. If this is true then we will inform the FMG that this will not be handled in this next DSTU (2) so that any ideas to have all global core materials into these DSTUs will not be met.
The WG reviewed the PSS for the FHIR resources defined for DSTU 2. The WG wanted to confirm the listing of resources to be defined and that EpisodeOfCare is not necessarily mandated by the PSS. We confirmed that are able to not include this resource.
It was noted that Wendy Huang still shows in the PSS as the Vocabulary Facilitator. After discussion, this seems appropriate since we might have future vocabulary needs that may need to be addressed. So far, our FHIR facilitator has been able to handle the vocabulary needs so far. However, once the FHIR content has been complete, we will ask that she review the vocabulary content.
During the meeting Brian contacted both Lloyd and Grahame get some direction with regard to the exclusion of the EpisodeOfCare in DSTU2 for PA. Lloyd responded that we most likely do not need to do anything for this.
Action: Inform Wendy that we will be requesting a review of the FHIR specifications, especially where Vocabulary is concerned to assure it for quality.
FHIR planning
The WG continued with the agenda items, namely FHIR planning.
<< add the timelines for ballot content >>
FMG has changed the schedule:
Oct 15 All resource and profile proposals approved by FMG.
Irma suggested that the WG try to meet on Sept 29, if Daniel can provide a Webex.
Action: Create a profile for the Services Delivery profile. Owner: Brian: Due: Sept 29
Dec 5 Content ready for January Draft ballot
Action: Finish resource content, finish QA reviews, and address tracker items. Owners: Brian, Iryna, Daniel. Due: Dec 1
Dec 12-Jan12 Ballot open
March 30 Deadline for gold content.
Action: Regarding the pending PA DSTU2 resource proposals, need to follow up with David Hay to assure that the resource proposals have been approved by the FMG. Owner: Brian Due: Sept 25, 2014.
PBS Metric
The PBS metrics show PA having 3 unpublished ballots and 2 idle ballots. The 3 unpublished ballots were for “HL7 Version 3 Standard: Patient Administration; Person Registry, Release 1”, “HL7 Version 3 Standard: Patient Administration; Patient Registry, Release 1” and “HL7 Version 3 Standard: Scheduling, Release 2”. These will be followed up on by Line
Action: Follow up on the 3 unpublished items above. Owner: Line Due: Oct 6, 2014.
For idle ballots, the link from the PBS metrics spreadsheet does not indicate any idle ballots for PA, only one for Anatomic Pathology.
Action: Follow up on the next published PBS metrics to assure the removal of 2 idle ballots. Owner: Alex. Due: 15-Nov-2014
Action: Attend or send notification of review of materials for Harmonization. Action: Alex. Due 14-Nov-2014
Action: Email to steering committee that we have reviewed the DMP, Mission and Charter, SWOT and 3 year work plan. Owner: Alex. Due: Sept 26, 2014.
Brian reported that the gForge tracker item# 3533 was approved to rename the “Contact” datatype to “ContactPoint” and the schedule datatype tracker # 3536 was approved to rename “Schedule” to “Timing”.
Action: Rename “Availability” to “Schedule” once the datatype is renamed. Owner: Brian. Due: 5-Dec-2014 (Sinterklaas).
A motion was made to adjourn the WG meeting. Seconded by Christian.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • <<consolidate action items>>
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Navigation

© 2007-2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.