2014-09-15 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Patient Administration Work Group Meeting - Monday September 15, 2014

Monday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Hilton Chicago, Room # 1704

Date: 2014-10-15
Time: Monday Q3
Facilitator Line Saele Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest, Norway
X Irma Jongeneel HL7, The Netherlands
X Alexander de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
X Brian Postlethwaite Health Connex, Australia
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Welcome/Introductions
  2. Review and Approve Agenda
  3. Review and Approve the Mission and Charter
  4. Review and Approve the Decision Making Practices
  5. Work Plan review
  6. SWOT Review

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Welcome/Introductions
  • Review and Approve Agenda

A request was made by financial management to change our agenda to accommodate discussion around CCDA Payors section and how it relates to PA work. We are proposing to move our Q4 work to Q2 and keep Q3 and Q4 for Financial Management. Alex send an email to Paul Knapp agreeing to this as long as the FM WG agrees with this change.

There is a v2 proposal V2 Proposal Database #817 that will be discussed during Wed Q1.
There are other items to be added, but these have places to be discussed in our current agenda.

A motion was made to approve the agenda by Brian. Seconded by Irma.
Vote: (for/against/abstain) 4/0/0

The WG continued to review the Mission and Charter.
Action Item: DMP updated with latest updates and with the latest template.
Action item: Send an email to Steering Division that the Mission/Charter and Decision Making Practices.
The WG continued to review the SWOT. The WG agreed that there were no updates to be made to the current SWOT

The WG then continued with the 3 – year work plan.
The WG considered the work for FHIR being done. This work does not adapt well to the 3 year work plan requirement. In addition, FHIR work will most likely not come directly to the WG but will first go through FHIR community and finally filter back through to HL7 (PA).

The WG chairs will bring the subjects of 3 year work plan requirements and whether projects are still necessary for work done within the WG (e.g. FHIR maintenance work) to the steering division.
End of Q3

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Action:Action Item: DMP updated with latest updates, using the latest template and uploaded to the HL7 Website. Owner: Alex. Due: Next Quarter.
  • Action item: Send an email to Steering Division that the Mission/Charter and Decision Making Practices. Owner: Alex. Due: 9/26.


Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Monday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Hilton Chicago, Room #1704

Date: 2014-10-15
Time: Monday Q4
Facilitator Line Saele Scribe Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest, Norway
X Irma Jongeneel HL7, The Netherlands
X Alexander de Leon Kaiser Permanente, USA
X Brian Postlethwaite Health Connex, Australia
X Judith Brown-Vuglar McKesson, USA
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. Open Session for New Proposals


Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Open Session for new Proposals
Irma talked about a project within The Netherlands starting having to do with patient consent. This seems to be an area of interest within the community at this time. Irma stated that this is something that HL7 The Netherlands is currently exploring and it might come back to PA WG.

This discussion raised the question as to whether there is a Patient Consent resource in FHIR. When asked, Brian felt that there may be a consent resource being worked on elsewhere. The WG asked Brian to check if this is the case as it may be that PA should take this resource within its domain.
Action Item: Brian to find the Consent resource if it exists and report back.

Joint with FM – Beat responded to the email that he will not be available Q4. Irma suggested that FM find the appropriate time/quarter and let us know. We will try to be flexible to accommodate. We are open to the same day and flexible for Q 2, 3 and 4.

With the time remaining, the WG worked together to update the DMP. Motion was made by Irma to accept the DMP as updated to reflect PAWG requirements. Brian seconded.
Vote: 3/0/0 (yes/no/abstain)
Alex uploaded the DMP to the documents area of the Patient Administration section of the HL7 website.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Action Item: Brian to find the Consent resource if it exists and report back.
  • Action: Inform the Steering Division and HQ that the PAWG has reviewed the Mission and Charter and the DMP, the work plan and done the SWOT analysis. Responsible: Alex de Leon. Due: 9/26.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Navigation

© 2007-2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.