2014-09-17 PA WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Patient Administration Work Group Minutes - Wednesday September 17, 2014

Wednesday Q1

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Guest Room 1704

Date: 2014-09-17
Time: Wednesday Q1
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X
X
X Brian Postlethwaite Healthconnex, Australia
X << update attendees >>
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. << update agenda topics>>

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Introductions
The WG began with the consideration of the proposal from HL7 Australia.
A motion was made by Irma to accept the proposal as written and add PRF to the table to indicate preferred name. Steven seconded.
Discussion: Irma stated that there is another consideration. Namely, that this is offered to be included into v2.8.2. However, this is part of the Chapter 2 and must be stewarded through inclusion into the next v2.x version.
Vote: 5/0/0 (For/Against/Abstain)
Action: Alex de Leon to assure that this is included into v2.8.2 and v2.9.
The WG continued with the consideration of RACE, which came to the WG from an email from Riki Merrick.
In discussion, it was clear that the subject of asking for race differs by jurisdiction where this is in use. Also, the table is a user-defined table.
The sample table should have a timestamp to indicate that the values were sourced from that time as indicative sample as of that time. Any updates should be made as needed to that table.
Action: Answer the email request, include the chapter 3.c editor stating the above: that it is a user defined table and that the timestamp should be added to the sourced sample list. Owner: Alex de Leon (v2 facilitator).
The WG moved on to review and approve the last WGM minutes (Phoenix) .
The WG focused on the Monday action items were reviewed and addressed.
The action items for Tuesday was reviewed. There was an action item for creating an tracker for changing the resource name “availability” to “schedule”. The WG checked to be sure there were not duplicates since we created one during yesterday’s WGM session. There were no duplicates.
In reviewing the minutes, we discovered the suggested names for the “schedule” data type. These were recurrence, timetable, timing. This was added to the tracker item #3536.
Wednesday minutes – action update DMP not done but updated this last Monday.
Action: There was an action item to include examples, workflows and guidance to include the list resource when making recurring appointments. Although the recurrence is out of scope, guidance will still be included so that portion is still an ongoing action item. Responsible: Brian
Action: Line suggested that the action items consistently be separated into their own section in the WIKI and that announcement be made to the listserve that action items have been published. Responsible: Alex

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • <<consolidate action items>>
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Wednesday Q2

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Guest Room 1704

Date: 2014-09-17
Time: Wednesday Q2
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Brian Postlethwaite HealthConnex, Australia
X << Update Attendees >>
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. << update agenda topics >>

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
The WG continued with the FHIR DSTU 2 work as per the agenda.
Brian demonstrated a web based services directory application built using the FHIR resources.
After, this, the WG continued with the HealthcareService resource from DSTU2. Brian explained that this resource came from a need for a services directory which has proven to be a common need across jurisdictions. However, it was noted that this resource does not have mapping to v2 or v3 and therefore has to be “built” without these to fall back onto.
The WG continued reviewing the elements for the HealthcareService.
<< add reference to healthcareservice-spreadsheet.xml spreadsheet>>
The WG discussed the HealthcareService resource and how the various elements should be placed either within or as a sub-element of the HealthcareService resource.
The WG began developing a diagram to test the use cases around the HealthcareService elements and how they might be depicted as FHIR resources or FHIR resource sub-elements.
<< add reference to the diagram>>

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • <<consolidate action items>>
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Wednesday Q3

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Guest Room 1704

Date: 2014-09-17
Time: Wednesday Q3
Facilitator Irma Jongeneel Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Brian Postlethwaite HealthConnex, Australia
X << Update Attendees list >>
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. << update agenda topics >>

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
The WG continued with the discussion of Appointment and Encounter.
Specifically, we picked up the subject to statuses of both Appointment and Encounter resources. The document Daniel developed was redisplayed.
After discussion, the WG proposed the following FHIR Code set to use for appointment status:

  • Pending
  • Booked
  • Fulfilled
  • Cancelled
  • NoShow
  • Other

The WG continued to work with the encounter statuses. Currently, they were Planned, In progress, On leave, Finished, Cancelled.
After discussion the PA WG proposed adding a period element to the Participant sub-element (Participant.period) and adding a new resource sub-element for the status of the encounter called EncounterEvent which would contain the current status and status history with timestamps.
After discussions of workflows and use cases, the WG proposed the following FHIR Code set to use for Encounters:

  • Planned
  • In Progress
  • On Leave
  • Completed

The PA WG needed to end the quarter.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • << Consolidate Action Items >>
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Wednesday Q4

HL7 Patient Administration Meeting Minutes

Location: Guest Room 1704

Date: 2014-09-17
Time: Wednesday Q4
Facilitator Line Saele Note taker Alex de Leon
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Line Saele Helse Vest IKT Norway
X Alex de Leon Kaiser Permanente
X Irma Jongeneel HL7 Netherlands
X Alexander Henket NICTIZ, The Netherlands
X Brian Postlethwaite HealthConnex, Australia
X << Update Attendee list >> HealthConnex, Australia
Quorum Requirements Met (Chair + 2 members): Yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  1. <<update agenda topics>>

Supporting Documents

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
The WG will take up the subject of the HealthcareService resource and how it relates to the other FHIR resources. Brian reviewed for this membership the intention for the services directory and the discussion pertained to about searching for services.
The WG reviewed the currently defined elements and discussed whether these elements should be contained in one record or whether search criteria requires different records.
<< ServicesD model – Irma >>
The WG continued with the review of the proposed attributes for the HeathcareService resource.
So car the secondary service attribute was removed.
Since the WG needed to continue with any action items were done the WG continued with the review of the action items starting Thursday.
We need to still follow up with Joginder in the joint session with PHER tomorrow morning Q1.
Thursday action items complete.
Action: Follow up with Lynn on the publication requests for v3 Scheduling, Person and Patient topics.
Action: Follow up to find out if PSS for Service directory has been approved by Steering Division.
Action: Follow up with EPIC regarding Real Time Location Tracking (Project # 650) to update status based on interest.
Motion was made by brian to accept the minutes for Phoenix WGM. Christian seconded.
Discussion: none
Vote: 8/0/0 (for/against/abstain).
The WG continued with the draft agenda for the next working group meeting.
Once complete, the WG adjourned for the day.

Meeting Outcomes

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • <<consolidate action items>>
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Navigation

© 2007-2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.