This wiki has undergone a migration to Confluence found Here

2014-05-22 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

Standing Conference Calls

The Tooling WG will hold a Conference Call at 2 PM Eastern time, each Thursday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at Telecon_Agendas.

Conference Call: Uses HL7 Conference Call Service
Dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 586935#
GoToMeeting at 482-299-629
HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes
Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting ID: 482-299-629
Date: 2014-05-22
Time: 2PM Eastern
Facilitator: Dennis Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
. .
Woody Beeler, interim Vocabulary liaison
Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
Jeff Brown, HL7 ES liaison
x Dennis Cheung, co-chair, CIHI
x Matt Graham, Mobile Health liaison
Diego Kaminker, Education liaison
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
Abdul-Malik Shakir, CIC liaison
Lloyd McKenzie, FHIR liaison
x Brian Pech
Rik Smithies, CS liaison
Rob Snelick, CGIT liaison
Rene Spronk, Marketing liaison
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Approval of previous minutes from Tooling WGM 2014 May Andy moves and Matt seconds; Unanimously approved.
  • Review action items -
    • Andy will reach out to Rob Snelick to check on sourceforge as the MWB code repository platform. He has not heard from Rob but we created a GForge project as a distribution point. Matt reports that they still need to update the Regex license and a couple patches on the CGIT website for variations of OBX segments.
    • Andy (and Dennis) will follow up with Diego on the Education project; no updates
    • Andy and Woody will work on loading MIF metadata to HingX; no updates
    • Michael will make a draft slide of all the tools that we monitor and support to include: RMIM designer, Rosetree, bluebutton to ccd, EHR-S FM profiler, MIF tools for consideration at the next WGM; no updates
  • Update on Tooling/ES proposed alignment (meeting scheduled today 4 PM) (Andy)
    • This has had some schedule changes but there is still a call today
  • Review projects:
    • No project updates.

Adjourned 2:13 PM

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


HL7 Tooling/ES Meeting Agenda/Minutes
Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
Date: 2014-05-22
Time: 4PM Eastern
Facilitator: Andy Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
x Lorraine Constable, ES
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
x David Burgess, ES
x Dennis Cheung, co-chair, CIHI
x Matt Graham, Mobile Health liaison
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
regrets Michael van der Zel, co-chair
x Nat Wong, ES
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics
Tooling-Electronic Services Merger

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Current state reviewed. Tooling has many joint projects with ES
  • Andy has reviewed with Ken McCaslin as ES cochair and Lorraine previously. Ken as TSC chair tasked Andy with socializing it with the Work Groups. He opens it to discussion.
  • Edge cases versus core activities and areas of commonality discussed.
  • What would the merged group look like? Sharing responsibilities among cochairs would have to be worked out, as with any leadership change on WGs. Nat and Dennis both participate in calls and in between cycles but cannot attend WGMs. Lorraine has been pulling back due to other commitments. Jeff is on LOA and David has just joined them to replace Ken. If the work can be run as one WG instead of running two it might streamline operations while keeping the existing cochairs. Both WGs currently have staff support.
  • Reduces number of Board liaisons, allows better representation at Steering Division meetings. Could have backup for facilitating projects to allow continuity on project calls.
  • Viji and Laura have only met with ES once, 4/18 so they have not had a lot of exposure to the WG in transition of staff support.
  • If we proceed, develop new M&C, gain approval by each WG, Steering Division and TSC. Need to schedule time slots that work to accommodate staff support (business hours).
  • What are the disadvantages? What differences in culture might exist? Tooling WG cochairs tend to be the ones doing development where ES work is done primarily by staff. Lynn is helping Tooling formalize their practices from the historical roll up your sleeves and do the work. Nat relates the helicopter view vs in the trenches perspective.
  • ES has strict timelines on their calls, where Tooling has gone longer on their calls when the discussion gets away from them. ES will frequently break off smaller groups to work on certain projects outside of the call time.
  • ES has a closed list used most recently to review security analysis of the website but it is not frequently used.
  • Andy notes that Tooling might benefit from such cultural influences. There would likely be growing pains.
  • Lynn relates a concern that Tooling has typically involved use of technology to aid development of standards where ES involvement in technology to aid operations of the organization. Andy notes that the scratchpad workspace project is one crossover. Lorraine notes that the new group would have to acknowledge a broader scope.
  • ES primarily deals with a constrained set of resources e.g. HQ Team, where Tooling votes on contracts; but in the case of the security review ES does the same.
  • Will it be more difficult to get through a larger slate of business in an hour's conference call? With subgroups working on tasks and managing the agenda, knowing that not everyone will attend every call, it should work.
  • Lorraine suggests we alert the SD of our intent and then work through the administrative tasks to make it happen. Andy announced that this meeting was scheduled at this week's SD meeting.
  • Lorraine notes that this needs to be socialized with John Quinn.
  • If we schedule a follow up meeting in two weeks we will have had time to address with WGs and the Steering Division. Lorraine to schedule and include John Quinn and potentially Ken McCaslin. Need to also invite Dave Hamill, Viji and Laura. Co-chairs' various time zones reviewed.

Adjourned 4:54 PM



Return to Tooling


© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.