Tooling WGM 2014 May

From HL7Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Tooling WG Agenda for the May 2014 WGM in Phoeniz, AZ USA

Return to Tooling Work Group page.

Day Date Time   Room Event Host joining Chair Scribe Notes
Monday May 5 AM Q1        
Q2          
PM Q3    
Q4 )  
Day Date Time   Room Event Host joining Chair Scribe Notes
Tuesday May 6 AM Q1 Room TBD Cancelled
Introduction to Tooling Work Group - Processes, Projects & Collaborations
See our morning slides
Tooling   (cancelled)
Q2 Guest Room 1302 Project updates: MAX, EHRS-FM Profile Designer, Tooling Strategy Discussion, MWB update;
V3 Generator, Migration Planning, HingX Participation, Tooling Challenge, tactical planning
3-yr plan review: SMD
Tooling   Woody Lynn  
PM Q3 Navajo (Hohokam Ballroom) Hosted by Structured Docs (need to confirm) ITS, MnM, Tooling (?), V3 Publishing    
Q4              
7-9PM Room Navajo (Hohokam Ballroom) Tuesday Tooling Night ( details) AID Tooling ??    
Day Date Time   Room Event Host joining Chair Scribe Notes
Wednesday May 7 AM Q1              
Q2    
PM Q3  
Q4
Day Date Time   Room Event Host joining Chair Scribe Notes
Thursday May 8 AM Q1 Room TBD Cancelled Tooling - Lynn
Q2 Guest Room 1302 Update from liaisons to other WG Tooling Tooling liaisons Woody Lynn  
PM Q3 Room TBD Tools for development AID Tooling AID    
Q4              
Day Date Time   Room Event Host joining Chair Scribe Notes
Friday May 9 AM Q1 Hopi (Hohokam Ballroom) Joining Templates Templates Tooling, Patient Care, Structured Docs     TBD
Q2              
PM Q3              
Q4              

Tooling Meeting

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes
Location: Guest Room 1302 Date: 2014-05-06
Time: 11AM Local
Facilitator: Woody Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
x Woody Beeler, interim Vocabulary liaison
x David Booth, HRG
regrets Dennis Cheung, co-chair, CIHI
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
x John Quinn, CTO
regrets Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
regrets Michael van der Zel, co-chair
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (No)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Project updates: MAX, EHRS-FM Profile Designer, Tooling Strategy Discussion, MWB update;
    V3 Generator, Migration Planning, HingX Participation, Tooling Challenge, tactical planning
    3-yr plan review: SMD


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Project updates: MAX, EHRS-FM Profile Designer, Tooling Strategy Discussion, MWB update;
    V3 Generator, Migration Planning, HingX Participation, Tooling Challenge, tactical planning
    3-yr plan review: SMD
  • Woody can offer an update on MWB but without quorum
  • David notes he is working on DOD DHA project migrating from CHCS. He has background in semantic web, RDF and ontologies in interoperability. Interested in what is in use. He receives CHCS data in RDF; not using an HL7 transport.
    • Woody describes the Tooling WGs mission in assisting the development of standards themselves. There is also a listserver for tools in the commercial space.
    • David asks about validators and reference implementations. The only reference implementations so far are FHIR. The conformance testing effort is being run through HQ, not the Tooling WG. The issue is that the development of a standard is typically left broad, allowing for constraint by IG to the level needed for meaningful conformance.
    • Conformance testing is of significant interest but no funding is available. David notes that the W3C requires a specification have at least two reference implementations. Woody recounts the HL7 DSTU process which requires similar implementation experience.
  • HingX - no update
  • Other projects have no update. SMD appears to be dead in the water. No NHS activity beyond the version provided earlier that has a design flaw rendering it unusable, predicating a complete rebuild of the tool with each release of the RIM. Tooling WG needs to come up with strategies to continue working with static models and accept the risk if it fails. Need to preserve the functionality of the RMIM designer. COM DLLs not existing in 64-bit MS Office is the problem so you must run an older version that supports the DLLs e.g. Visio 2007 versus 2010. When an MS Office release comes out that doesn't have a 32 bit variant we have trouble.
  • Other formal funding requests might be submitted with available Tooling budget
  • V3 Generator this cycle have made the core schemas able to be dependent on the vocabulary content from harmonization instead of hard-coded value sets. Also working with Gunther on Schema generator to use Datatypes R2B. Base schemas corrected to change an erroneous schematron statement. In summary, the old generator has been updated as best as possible. The Canadian generator adaptation has not been updated for a year.
  • JohnQ joins
  • V3 Canadian Generator worked on initially by JohnK, Lloyd and sometimes Jean and is not formally supported. Some of the formal transforms that Jean worked on were rolled into the 'old' generator.
  • Lynn would like to review budget with JOhnQ
  • Woody notes another project we don't even have in the list is that on glossary tooling. Someone needs to scan extant glossaries to restructure glossary to set the definition for a glossary term should be a clause that when substituted in a sentence does not change the meaning of the sentence. Vocabulary vs information modeling can be hierarchically refined. We have also not been submitting updates to the SKMT.
  • Woody reports that MWB has been proposed to be migrated to .NET. Structurally they are compatible as the guy who designed Delphi also designed .NET. Matt Graham is currently supporting the Delphi MWB. Rob Snelick told Lynn they have an alpha version of a Java based MWB.
  • The conformance testing project is overseen the work by Dave Hamill at HQ and John Quinn, not part of the Tooling budget and not assigned to a Work Group. JohnQ notes that IHE just announced their conformance initiatives on their IHE profiles.

Adjourned 12:18 PM

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes
Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting ID: 482-299-629
Date: 2014-05-08
Time: 10:30AM Eastern
Facilitator: Woody Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
. .
x Woody Beeler, interim Vocabulary liaison
Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
Jeff Brown, HL7 ES liaison
regrets Dennis Cheung, co-chair, CIHI
x Matt Graham, Mobile Health liaison
Diego Kaminker, Education liaison
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
x Sandra Martinez of NIST.
regrets John Quinn, CTO
via Skype Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
regrets Michael van der Zel, co-chair
regrets Rob Snelick
x Prashant Trivedi of NHS-UK.
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): (yes)

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review

Project updates: MAX, EHRS-FM Profile Designer, Tooling Strategy Discussion, MWB update; V3 Generator, Migration Planning, HingX Participation, Tooling Challenge, tactical planning 3-yr plan review: SMD


Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Woody convenes at 11:08 AM with introductions and recap of Tuesday's session Agenda Topics

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review

Project updates: MAX, EHRS-FM Profile Designer, Tooling Strategy Discussion, MWB update; V3 Generator, Migration Planning, HingX Participation, Tooling Challenge, tactical planning 3-yr plan review: SMD

  • MWB first reviewed.
  • Sandra presents a slide show of the status of the NIST version in Java.
    • It is called Implementation Guide Authoring and Management Tool (IGAMT).
    • Due to resource issues they are not complete yet but it can generate datatype, segment and message profile libraries. Still working on value set, profile component and implementation guide capability. They have not yet implemented use case builders.
    • Prashant asks if it used the same structure as the Rontey MWB - they are directed to Ted Klein to find out for sure. Contrast in structure to MIF discussed. Andy adds that we would like to see the files be able to take profiles back and for the between the two tools.
    • Matt adds they are planning to set up an MWB users's group with Ted, Patrick Loyd, etc and Prashant volunteers to assist.
    • Sandra asks if they are capturing conformance statements in the MWB; Matt notes they are regular expression types that provide conformance in the tool. Sandra notes they use plugins for that.
    • She adds that they used IGAMT for V2.5.1 IG for Immunization messaging and reported back on bugs found in the IG as well as the IGAMT process. They are hoping to pilot with the Immunization User Group SMEs.
    • Andy notes that core artifacts interchange for publishing would be good to alleviate criticism of V2 IGs which don't ballot very often and have been inconsistent. Approaches to value set expressions and versioning between IGs described by Woody. Andy feels the MIF Representation of code systems in value sets is the goal to set. Matt asks if they have tools that generate V2 profiles referencing a value set they copy into the profile what format? Vocab does not like to have the value sets enumerated in the profile as they cannot handle any expansions. MIF with value set expansion and enumerated definitions reviewed. We wish to avoid any requirement to persist an expansion. Matt notes that for explicit conformance testing must have a binding to a value set so you must enumerate the set. Woody notes preferred method is to call to a vocabulary server for reference to a particular version or as of a certain date. Prashant notes they are using an internal CTS service for that to maintain different value sets with NHS published sets or CDA sets, etc. They can take an XML file and use a transform to load to their server. Woody offers the option of using the transforms in the MIF for the schema.
    • Andy discussed the history of and desire for consistency in IGs. How will HL7 have access to the files? MWB exe is on the CGIT documents page. Matt's source code is between 6.8 and 6.19 missing the patch.
    • Suggested that Matt get a GForge ID and gain developer access to the MWB project. Matt will collect existing installers and patches and put them into GForge as-is. He will also publish the exe to use and also his source files.
  • Matt recounts the MWB demo on Tuesday Tooling including the ART-DECOR tool by Kai and Everest's "Sherpa". MWB licensing issues and updates to the About page reviewed for reference to Pete. He reported that Rob was concerned that it be open. Woody notes that Tooling as a member benefit is under consideration but Matt states the GPUs may require the code be open source. MIF-lite designs as open source could be considered in their release. In this way you can provide the code but not the definition. Matt describes the approach they are using with extract from the Frank Oemig databases. The parser does regex processing but is mostly hard coded. Recursive definitions of segments with varying datatypes needs development.
    • Woody recalls the idea that HL7 needs people willing to do tools that work with the standards without giving away the standards themselves; e.g. use of MIF-lite.
    • Use of artifacts from Frank's databases are still in question for the IP of the work. Relationship has undergone changes and licensing agreements likely changed. Matt notes that he will still consider working on some conversions to/from xml files. The original XML XSLT engine with regex parser was ahead of its time, quite a long time ago. You do need someone who really knows the tool to show you how to do it.
    • Matt notes that posting to GForge will be complex with multiple file library structures. XML parsing is fragile due to the legacy nature of the DLL.
  • Mobile Health is still looking at a project with GS1 for attendance tracking pilot. If Gora can arrange with other groups for developer resources it can proceed but Mobile Health had no developer resources at this time. Other attendance tracking systems used QR codes. Matt recommends HQ check with EventMobi on what they are planning in attendance tracking. Each quarter for each WG needs an event code for that. Then you need an iOS developer's license to put it on the App Store. Funding is not anticipated from the Tooling budget for this. GS1 is not going to sponsor the development either.
  • Woody as temporary liaison from Vocab notes they didn't talk about anything exciting but some useful things - Russ had requirements from harmonization tooling and it fell off the agenda. He and Ted were assigned to some work in the tool space; addressing issues with value set definition task force identifying mandatory data for value set publication. Need a MIF review to ensure it can carry the metadata. Woody and Ted formal definition of vocab maintained in Access database, expressed into MIF and MIF is formal published specification for vocabulary. Database is missing version numbers and release dates and the like. They added property definition table and property table to hold properties for the MIF database and they wish to review what those are. Author, responsible party, steward, etc are some examples. Most of them are pro forma for 75% naming MnM as steward, etc. Remainder must be determined. Directory of harmonization meetings through history can be mined for other governance information. Versioning needs to still be determined. SQL query through database could infer from dates and sequence of OID assignment to identify release our source date, but not the steward. For that you need the harmonization proposals. They will start the work this summer and should result in minor tooling pieces. Vocab maintenance language from Harold Solbrig has undergone extensions for adding and deleting properties from eml files. Property definitions must still be made by hand.
  • Normative edition is ready to publish.


Adjourned 12:28 PM

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • Matt get a GForge ID and gain developer access to the MWB project
.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.



Return to Tooling


© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.